Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

Even if I'm a Norwegian I'm not impressed by Rosenborg these days. 10-15 years ago they were up there and qualified for CL almost every year. They are only living on the memories now, should be an easy game for Celtic if they are well prepared.

Looks like Izzy is away to Middle East and a few quid in the bank for Celtic. Not sure what happened, I was under the impression that his contract ran out at the end of the season. So maybe he got another year and was then sold on. If so, a clever piece of business. With him gone, and Gamboa out for a few months, we need a quality full back to be brought in. With Boyata also out long term, Lustig may find himself having to go center half at some point over the next few months. In fact, if he was to pick up an injury, we would be in sticky position.

Griffiths continues to piss me off with his childish antics-latest has earned him a 1 game ban, guy needs to grow up.

Behavior of a section of fans is damaging clubs reputation, these political statements have no place in our stadium and has been going on for a few years now. What are these guys thinking of? What are they trying to achieve? BR having to face questions after the game about this nonsense that he has no control over is not nice. Not sure what Celtic can do but something needs to be done.

Also koped a fine for 5 bookings, some of which may come back to haunt us over the next few weeks.

Looks like Armstrong is holding out for a bumper contract. OK, so he had a good 9 months, I like him as a player, got goals in his locker but if he thinks that 9 months warrants a bumper contract, then it might be best to move him on. As one paper said recently, he needs Celtic more than Celtic need him. This time last season, he was a nobody struggling for game time. I do think that another season at Celtic would be best for his development and stand him in good stead to then move to England. Either way a decision needs to be made quickly.

Next up is Rosenberg, apparently going well in Norwegian league, but made heavy work of Dundalk  so nothing to fear but will be a step up. Sinclair looks to be firing on all cylinders and is our most important player, not sure about Forrest, may be better as an impact sub. Team has a settled look about it for so early in the season.

• Like 1

Griffiths is an annoying little git with an attitude problem. Fine when he concentrates of football but far too immature at times. I hope Brendan kicks his ass on a regular basis when he acts like an overgrown schoolboy.

The IRA banner was a disgrace. If Celtic were forced to close the green brigade section for a game or two that might instill some sense into those stupid neanderthal morons who thought this was an apt display at a football match.

On the footballing side it does look as if Armstrong could be on the way out. With Paddy unlikely to return that would be a huge hole in our unbeaten domestic side of last season. Hopefully the new guy from Genoa will be as good as is suggested and Rogic has an injury free season. However we do have a good bit of cover in this area. The busy McGregor will feature and we have yet to see  Emboue is it with any decent game time. We are indeed on thin ice defensively and hopefully we can avoid any more serious injuries there.

There is a touch of McGeady in Forrest. Promises much but doesn't deliver all that often.Hayes speedy but unproven on big stage. Dembele looks a bit rusty after his lay off and thank heavens for Sinclair.

All told we SHOULD have enough to get over the side from Norway but you never know. 

• Like 1

Yes, fully support CFC stance against these morons, if they don't tow the line, their season tickets should be withdrawn and banned from stadium. If they are into political crap, go join a political party.

What channel here in Thailand will show Rosenberg game?

• Like 1

Word is that Dembele's hamstring is dodgy. Very unlikely to get 90 minutes out of him tonight if anything at all. With that clown Griffiths suspended one has to wonder where goals are going to come from. Big Erik also doubtful though whether that is good or bad is debatable. It may be worth taking a punt on Ajer. The options are now pretty limited.

Hopefully Celtic can do enough to put the tie to bed but it will require a strong performance to save us from a nervy night next week.

I was able to watch 2nd half last week on a live stream after watching the other game also on live stream. I think it was VLF or something like that. I intend heading to one of the sports pubs tonight to watch on Celtic TV.

Griffiths is an annoying little man with an attitude problem. When he is totally focused on football he is undoubtedly a big asset but Brendan needs to kick his ass regularly. No doubt behind the scenes he has made that clear to him again.

The antics of some of the green brigade infuriate me. The banner displayed was a disgrace and has nothing to do with Celtic. In an ideal world you could weed out these nasty morons . 

Very poor performance from Celtic and fortunate to escape with a 0-0. As you would expect Rosenborg were not here to make life easy for Celtic. They defended when they had to with efficiency and had a stress free night. They had the better chances and you found yourself praying for a 0-0 well before the end.

Celtic were far too slow and deliberate and never carried a threat until late in the 2nd half. The first shot on target was in the 77th minute from McGregor and Tierney had another harmless effort later. Gordon was by far the busiest keeper and thankfully blocked near the end when Celtic could't clear their lines. Apart from that there were another 2 or 3 occassions when Celtic were lucky to escape. You could be forgiven for thinking Rosenberg were the home team if you knew nothing about the 2 sides.

You would expect Griffiths to play next week. Dembele!s hamstring must make him a doubt. Rogic looked lost tonight in his role though he hardly was helped by the lack of service. 

Another nervy night in store next week. A big step up is needed from the Bhoys or else.

Yes Celtic escaped with 0-0 at home. But I still think you have a good chance in Trondheim next week.  All I can say is that Rosenborg at home not been that great this season , remember they are in the middle of the season , so they looked more fit .

Celtic need to approve , thats for sure.

Btw I think Kristoffer Ajer had a great game for Celtic. 

• Like 1

Anything nil is not a disaster for the home team. Griffiths has a calf injury apparently. If he is out again Celtic are in big trouble. Big Ajer was indeed very solid.

Rosenborg coped easily with Celtic who did not help themselves  with laborious build ups which made life very comfortable for the visitors.Ntcham made a good start but faded. He seemed to be the only one who was capable of unlocking the defense.

Brendan's halo will have slipped a bit after this. We are indeed fortunate that the tie is still in the melting pot.

• Like 1

Lucky to get away with 0-0.

Still all to play for in Norway.

With the exception of Gordon, Jozo and Ajer, all were below par. We so missed a striker, as it took from both Sinclair and Aussie Tom-both were trying to compensate for the main striker and neglecting their own usual game. Our deliveries from corners was poor-is LG the only one who can deliver a decent corner? Surely this is something that can easily be improved with a little coaching, as we are just not economical from corners.

I do hope they stick with Ajer, reckon he has all the attributes to make it.

Made hard work of it but got through eventually, thanks to a wonder strike by the hard working Forrest. LG made a big difference when he came in, Jozo was outstanding at the back, Brown ran the show, KT had a good game. Armstrong is not with it at the moment and Hayes seems frightened. Interesting to see the draw on Friday, will be a step up, Rosenberg were poor, cant remember CG making a save, although they did create chances in Glasgow.

Yes better from Celtic tonight. We restricted Rosenborg much better and had the best of the chances but were beginning to be overrun in the 2nd half until Forrest's moment of inspiration. His first touch was poor and made the angle more acute but a brilliant finish. Griffiths asked questions when he came on and had one good effort and created a decent chance for Sinclair. After the goal we had far more room and missed a couple of good chances to add to the goal.

Armstrong has gone off the boil in a big way. He gave away a mindless free kick in a dangerous area early in the 2nd half. Big Erik lasted just over 20 minutes. Amazing Ajer was not even on the bench.

Worst case scenario now is European Football till Christmas. Still feel we can play much better . We can only hope the extra few weeks will have the team much sharper for playoff round.

Rosenborg did not look like a team that has anything to do in Europe , total lack of ideas and Celtic played more aggressive football on the night , and also very well organized.  

Good luck in the next round.

There wasn't much in it over the 2 legs Balo. What I found very noticeable last night was after the goal Celtic began to find much more room as Rosenborg naturally had to go looking for goals. If the home team had gone ahead it could well have been curtains for Celtic.

As Wellington said after Waterloo "it was a damn close run thing".

• Like 1

My head sank when I saw Bitton on as a center back, was sure he would be his clumsy self and give away free kicks-but in fact he was solid enough. I was sure BR would draft in Lustig and bring on Gamboa but he came up trumps again.

Not a lot for Celtic to fear in the draw.

Edited by hackjam

A comfortable opening day 4-1 win over Hearts at Parkhead. Griffiths in sparkling form and one shudders to think of him picking up any injuries. Great close control to open scoring from Bitton pass. We should have got a penalty when Bitton jersey was pulled after a corner. 1.0 at the break

Sinclair made it 2-0 early in the 2nd half when Berra made a mess of clearing a corner and Scotty got a close range tap in. He then set up McGregor to centre for Griffiths to make it 3-0 with a diving header. Celtic got a break here as McGregor was just offside when he received the ball. Griffiths came off to huge applause and replaced by Hayes. A superb 4th followed. Sinclair turned a defender and showing trademark close control set up McGregor who lashed it into the roof of the net. Hearts got one back in the closing minutes Goncalves from a tight angle. Gordon poor but redeemed himself near the end with a fine save.

Griffiths was class, Forrest worked hard. Oliver got some valuable game time, looked comfortable but too negative for me-always went sideways or back, he looks too similar to Brown. We really need a midfielder who can spot or not be afraid to try that killer pass, like Bittons pass for the first goal. Brown strolled through the game, picking up customary yellow card. Bitton may be a good find in the center half position against this type opposition, not much defending so can step up. He actually did well against that animal, Lurch Lafferty-who will ever forget his "head-butt" on Mulgrew. Gordon should have done better for their goal.

I do wish the whole Armstrong issue would get sorted one way or the other.

Its so important that both Griffiths and Joso stay fit for the 2 European ties.

Again, not impressed with Hayes, guess he is just finding his feet but to come on when we were so in control, its an ideal situation for him-no pressure. I do think he will come good. 

See Celtic youth/reserve team hammered Killy last night-did not know it was on, is that the League cup??

What channel was it on?

Back 4 with an average age of 19.5 is impressive, I have high hopes for Ralston in a position that we could do with some dynamics, hopefully both him and Miller get plenty of opportunities to be the next Tierney. Also great to see Ajer get a start. Hayes starting will do his confidence as he struggles to regain the form of past seasons. Shame about Koussai getting hurt again, feel for the boy.

Yes it was the League cup. Did not get up to watch it. Trying to get a look at the goals especially the KT Exocet . Internet in hotel in Bkk is very slow. Almost losing the will to live.

BT have exclusive rights to the League Cup so presumably they covered it. Good to see some of the stars of tomorrow getting an outing. 

Poor performance but 3 points in the bag,

Lucky to get away with Penalty call in added time, just as well the guy made a meal of it.

Again no number 9 and team suffered. What's the story with Cifti, surely he could a job against that sort of opposition??

Starting to loose patients big time with Hayes, maybe that kid from Ipswich would be worth a run.

KT was back to his best but Sinclair seems a bit gun shy, he will come good.

Fingers crossed Griffiths stays fit for Wednesday night. 

Our fire power has diminished considerably from last season. No Roberts, no Dembele, Griffiths nursing a calf problem. Hopefully available v Astana or we are in big trouble. Armstrong a shadow of last season's player and Sinclair only firing in patches. Thus despite all our possession only one goal last night.

Extremely fortunate not to concede a penalty in added time. What saved us was the forward took a dive. Another example of how slow Bitton is. Between himself and Gordon there should not have been a problem.

I hope I am wrong but I fear the outcome against Astana.