Do Thai's Go Camping?

divndave

Just having a chuckle. Yes, I have been camping in Kao Yai National Park and there were many Thais, mostly young people camping and having lots of fun.

I doubt the poster's girl went alone though, no way. She probably went with a group of friends.

Visit some of the gay bars and you will see Thai's camping all over the place.

:o

They flock down to Trang/Pak Meng most weekends as the camp grounds there are great. They also have a national park camp site on Koh Yao Noi, that has to be one of the best in the world - the views are superb!

so yes lots of them go camping :D

The answer is yes they do, usually in large groups this weekend we are going on the Honda safety Run to a ###### in the Khan Kean area and camp out for the night last year there were about 7,000 Motorcyclse have no idea about this year. Not much sleep and great fun. We meta lot of well educated Thia groups camping last dry season. it's a surprise since there are no fees involved, like in the states just camp and enjoy it.

Whew, I'm glad to hear the majorty says thai's do camp.thought after chatting for over a year this Gal was up to No good with the camping story!Never asked me for money in all that time either so yea I am a little stupid and trusted her. Thanks to Thaivisa and members here looks lke I'll have to learn to do some camping when I arrive n LOS in December :o

Whew, I'm glad to hear the majorty says thai's do camp.thought after chatting for over a year this Gal was up to No good with the camping story!Never asked me for money in all that time either so yea I am a little stupid and trusted her. Thanks to Thaivisa and members here looks lke I'll have to learn to do some  camping when I arrive n LOS in December :o

well if there is still a shred of doubt then when you get to LOS in December you should ask her to take you where she went.....and wait for the reaction.

Whew, I'm glad to hear the majorty says thai's do camp.thought after chatting for over a year this Gal was up to No good with the camping story!Never asked me for money in all that time either so yea I am a little stupid and trusted her. Thanks to Thaivisa and members here looks lke I'll have to learn to do some  camping when I arrive n LOS in December :o

You should stay positive...however, I think it is unusual for people to go camping for two weeks. As several of the previous posts said, Thais do love going off for weekends, or public holidays.

But two weeks? Who would she go with? How can they afford the time off work? If they are not working, who pays?

Yes, you should definitely plan to go camping for a couple of weeks with her, and maybe some of her friends. If it actually happens, you will quickly learn whether you can trust her or not.

Gf says she loves to go camping in the mountains some times she is gone for 2 weeks,I'm here in the USA.No calls or anything during that time. didn't know thai's went camping.............or do they

Thais do NOT go camping.

They go to these "adventure resorts" where they live in little wooden cabins or tents (quite often with electricity), and then bundle themselves up in 15 layers of sweatshirts and life-preservers to float down a mildly challenging set of rapids in some river. They may also climb some ropes or take lots of pictures standing next to (or in) waterfalls. Sometimes, the exceptionally daring will slaver on enough mosquito repellent and sunscreen to kill a yak, and then trek off into the jungle for a short guided tour (on a well-trod trail) of the wilderness.

But strapping on some heavy backpacks filled with a week's rations and supplies? Heck no.

WALKING around in the mountains or jungles with only a compass and a map? Heck no.

Cooking over a sterno can? Pitching a tent? Portaging a canoe? Popping blisters, pulling off leeches and burning off ticks? No way in hades!

Heheh.

So, yes, they do go to camp grounds and muck about like a bunch of geese, but I'd hardly call that camping.

:o:D

Just having a chuckle. Yes, I have been camping in Kao Yai National Park and there were many Thais, mostly young people camping and having lots of fun.

I doubt the poster's girl went alone though, no way. She probably went with a group of friends.

Was the tent still there when you got back? :o:D

Gf says she loves to go camping in the mountains some times she is gone for 2 weeks,I'm here in the USA.No calls or anything during that time. didn't know thai's went camping.............or do they

Thais do NOT go camping.

They go to these "adventure resorts" where they live in little wooden cabins or tents (quite often with electricity), and then bundle themselves up in 15 layers of sweatshirts and life-preservers to float down a mildly challenging set of rapids in some river. They may also climb some ropes or take lots of pictures standing next to (or in) waterfalls. Sometimes, the exceptionally daring will slaver on enough mosquito repellent and sunscreen to kill a yak, and then trek off into the jungle for a short guided tour (on a well-trod trail) of the wilderness.

But strapping on some heavy backpacks filled with a week's rations and supplies? Heck no.

WALKING around in the mountains or jungles with only a compass and a map? Heck no.

Cooking over a sterno can? Pitching a tent? Portaging a canoe? Popping blisters, pulling off leeches and burning off ticks? No way in hades!

Heheh.

So, yes, they do go to camp grounds and muck about like a bunch of geese, but I'd hardly call that camping.

:o:D

I used to "go camping" every weekend in the US. And it was to a camp ground where we pitched a tent. And we still called it "camping".

Yes Thai's go camping (at a camp ground if you must). Like some other posters here, I have to wonder about the two week thing and mobile phone coverage is quite vast in Thailand. For sure, when you get here, ask her to take you camping to the same place. Perhaps then you can be SURE.