Need Visa As Volunteer For An Ngo

Hi!

I am based in Manila and was given the opportunity to be an intern/ volunteer of a human rights NGO in Bangkok. I have the application, letters and business registation copies of the NGO (in Thai) and letters of invitation. But it did not work.

The Filipino staff of the Thai Embassy seems to require so much documents. They insist that I need a "labor certificate". When I called the MInistry of Labor, they told me that a non-imm B is required prior the work permit.

Now Im on a 30-day stamp and plan to go on a regular visa run. But I still intend to have a non-imm B. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi!

I am based in Manila and was given the opportunity to be an intern/ volunteer of a human rights NGO in Bangkok. I have the application, letters and business registation copies of the NGO (in Thai) and letters of invitation. But it did not work.

The Filipino staff of the Thai Embassy seems to require so much documents. They insist that I need a "labor certificate". When I called the MInistry of Labor, they told me that a non-imm B is required prior the work permit.

Now Im on a 30-day stamp and plan to go on a regular visa run. But I still intend to have a non-imm B. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Surely the NGO can help you solve the problem. You will have to go somewhere like Penang because you cannot vary the purpose on that 30 day permit.

I was a volunteer in Thailand a few years ago and had many friends who worked for NGO's just you are doing. Fortunately I was working with the Thai government so i got a special "foriegn expert" visa.

The best that NGO volunteers ever got was a 90 days at a time. Not sure what class of visa but I know they had to leave the country every 90 days. I also know that they never declared that they were working.

By the way, all these volunteer placements were sponsored by the Australian government but still visa's were impossible to get for NGO volunteers.

I was a volunteer in Thailand a few years ago and had many friends who worked for NGO's just you are doing. Fortunately I was working with the Thai government so i got a special "foriegn expert" visa.

The best that NGO volunteers ever got was a 90 days at a time. Not sure what class of visa but I know they had to leave the country every 90 days. I also know that they never declared that they were working.

By the way, all these volunteer placements were sponsored by the Australian government but still visa's were impossible to get for NGO volunteers.

Volunteers usually get a Non-Immigrant O class visa, but the NGO needs to know the ropes

Volunteers usually get a Non-Immigrant O class visa, but the NGO needs to know the ropes

The FTA between Australia and Thailand is going to ease the visa hassles as soon as the red tape unravels

The FTA between Australia and Thailand is going to ease the visa hassles as soon as the red tape unravels

I do expect such good news to take place as early as 2025 if all goes smoothly.

Perhaps a few committees should be set up to study the impact.

That is being done right now Axel. And educated Aussie's and Thai's will be able to spend a year in one anothers country without work permit hassles.

HI! Thanks for the responses. Actually, my 29 day stay would soon expire. I might go somewhere near the country either for another 29 day stamp upon re-entry or perhaps alply for a "foreign expert" visa/ or class "O".

Wish me luck.

Do you think they are strict with the 29 day stamp runners now???

HI! Thanks for the responses. Actually, my 29 day stay would soon expire. I might go somewhere near the country either for another 29 day stamp upon re-entry or perhaps alply for a "foreign expert" visa/ or class "O".

Wish me luck.

Do you think they are strict with the 29 day stamp runners now???

If all else fails, just do a simple search on Thaivisa. This subject has been done to death.