Regarding My Stay In Thailand

Hi Guys,

First off i'll tell you where i'm from and what i have done so you all know how to help me, I'm Australian, 21yrs old

I have a Thai GF which goes back to Thailand on 17th Nov, I myself don't go till 2nd Dec. I have all my ticket, passport, tourist visa and vaccines all sorted out.

I just have one query, I'll be staying with my gf's parents in Singburi.

What i'm trying to work out is that i need a way of staying in thailand, Should i extend my visa then look for job and change to working visa?

What is the best way of staying, Me having to leave my GF will break my heart.

It's my first time out of Australia so you people will help alot if you can provide me with some tips.

I've worked in Computers for 6yrs, a few certificates. Sales/Customer service for 4-5yrs. So i think i have a good chance in finding work.

Please let me know how i would go about my visa's. Can i apply for a long visa without employment? to start with.

Thankyou

Josh

Please reply when you guys wake up :o

I don't want to rain on your parade, but the chances of you getting a job in Thailand are very remote. Your only hope is if the girls family have influence enough to persuade someone to employ you, but even that is going to be difficult because you have limited experience, and no Thai language. You'd have to get a work permit and you won't qualify for one.

You have a tourist visa. That will enable a 60 day stay, and it is extendable by another 30 days in Thailand. Go back to the Thai Embassy or Consulate and get another tourist visa. At least then you can stay up to 6 months but you'll need to cross a border once.

Hi Guys,

First off i'll tell you where i'm from and what i have done so you all know how to help me, I'm Australian, 21yrs old

I have a Thai GF which goes back to Thailand on 17th Nov, I myself don't go till 2nd Dec. I have all my ticket, passport, tourist visa and vaccines all sorted out.

What i'm trying to work out is that i need a way of staying in thailand, Should i extend my visa then look for job and change to working visa?

It's my first time out of Australia so you people will help alot if you can provide me with some tips.

I've worked in Computers for 6yrs, a few certificates. Sales/Customer service for 4-5yrs. So i think i have a good chance in finding work.

Please let me know how i would go about my visa's. Can i apply for a long visa without employment? to start with.

Thankyou

Josh

I know Singburi quite well, I live just up from there.

You will be very lucky to find any sort of employment there, most falangs who live in the area (and there are very few) are either retired or have their own buisiness usually a bit of both.

I'd try the ajarn board, as there are often teaching jobs around the area that they have difficulty filling as it's out of the main tourist areas. Dont expext good money though, most i've seen are around 25-30,000 a month but saying that if you are staying with the family that would probably be plenty up here.

I have contacts through my Thai GF, Thankyou for your reply's

I'll extend my tourist visa another 3 months when i reach Bangkok, Gives me enough time to settle myself down in a international company in Bangkok.

Thanks

The MAXIMUM extension to a tourist visa is 30 days. You need to visit a Consulate or Embassy outside Thailand. In asking for help, it usually indicates a willingness to listen. Particularly when you are totally ignorant of Thailand.

I wouldn't say i fall into this catorogry:

"Particularly when you are totally ignorant of Thailand."

The only reason i'm confused now is because 2 different people telling me two different stories. 1 Person telling me i can keep extending visa upto only 1 year and you guys telling me only can extend 30 days?

And be nice, i'm new to all this...so take it easy on me, i'm always willing to listen.

A sixty day tourist can be extended, with a valid reason, for 30 days. After that you have to exit the country. You can not work on a tourist visa.

To obtain employment you must get a business type visa but you will need the employment offer first. You also must obtain a work permit and that is not something most potential employers have an excess of openings for. You say your GF has contacts, and that may be, but you had best be sure before you leap.

This is not something to do on a whim.

A sixty day tourist can be extended, with a valid reason, for 30 days.  After that you have to exit the country.  You can not work on a tourist visa.

To obtain employment you must get a business type visa but you will need the employment offer first.  You also must obtain a work permit and that is not something most potential employers have an excess of openings for.  You say your GF has contacts, and that may be, but you had best be sure before you leap.

This is not something to do on a whim.

We knew everything at 21 years too Lop :o

atleeit.

Listen to the Doc & Lop. Between them you can't go wrong.

I speak from experience :D

Where is your nearest Thai Consulate?

Have you stayed with your GF's family before?

If not, you may be in for a shock!

Have you ever used a squat toilet?

good luck. :o

Josh, either you are trolling here or you are incredibly naiive.

Thailand is full of people who have "worked in Computers", have "a few certificates" (in hundreds of cases BSc's or higher in fact - and from overseas Universities) and have experience in "Sales / Customer Service" - in all cases these people are Thai and speak, read and write the language.

You have absolutely NO chance of finding a job with an "International Company" with the pathetic "Qualifications" you detail here.

I do not know what sort of "Contacts" your girlfriend and her family claim they have, but Singburi is a fairly small town - with a mainly farm based economy - a few hundred kilometers north of Bangkok. I very much doubt that they have the influence to get you even an interview with a major Company here in Thailand.

Josh, either you are trolling here or you are incredibly naiive.

Thailand is full of people who have "worked in Computers", have "a few certificates" (in hundreds of cases BSc's or higher in fact - and from overseas Universities) and have experience in "Sales / Customer Service" - in all cases these people are Thai and speak, read and write the language.

You have absolutely NO chance of finding a job with an "International Company" with the pathetic "Qualifications" you detail here.

I do not know what sort of "Contacts" your girlfriend and her family claim they have, but Singburi is a fairly small town - with a mainly farm based economy - a few hundred kilometers north of Bangkok. I very much doubt that they have the influence to get you even an interview with a major Company here in Thailand.

A rude awakening awaits him I'm afraid. Ain't love grand ? :o

A rude awakening awaits him I'm afraid. Ain't love grand ?   :D

Oh to be 21 and in love again........everything seems so jaded these days. :D

As one gets older, the only exciting bit, is the final moments :o

A few bottles of Chang tonight will get me out of this melanchony mood (and a young filly of course).......to the original poster, listen to the advise you have been given from Dr P.P and Lop and others youve got your whole life ahead of you take things slowly and enjoy it.

Hi,

You have very little chance of landing a computing job with your qualifications. Why not try and look for an english teaching job?

Good Luck

The only reason i'm confused now is because 2 different people telling me two different stories. 1 Person telling me i can keep extending visa upto only 1 year and you guys telling me only can extend 30 days?

My guess is your friend is talking about border hopping every 30 days..........i.e nip to the border, out of Thailand and straight back in (not the way to go in my opinion). Get yourself a double entry tourist visa as has already been suggested and that/ll give you 6 months here in total.

My  guess  is  your  friend  is  talking  about  border  hopping  every  30  days..........i.e  nip  to  the  border, out  of  Thailand  and  straight  back  in  (not  the  way  to  go    in  my  opinion). Get  yourself  a  double  entry  tourist  visa  as  has  already  been  suggested  and  that/ll  give  you  6  months  here  in  total.

He's not a listener Flyer. Many of these international expat executives simply don't have the time to listen :o

Why not try and look for an english teaching job?

Good Luck

Just do the arithmetic. He left school at 15.

Judging from the first post a good command of the English language is not one

of his strong points either.

Atleeit, come and have a look, and later you can tell us later about the wonderful job that the family has fixed up for you.

I suggest you buy a return ticket, so you can get home when your wallet is empty.

PS. I like the point about the local toilets. It can be quite a balancing act, especially if you have the runs, or as an American girl pointed out, "when wearing tights and high heels!" :o

(Not that I ever do!!)

PS. I like the point about the local toilets. It can be quite a balancing act, especially if you have the runs, or as an American girl pointed out, "when wearing tights and high heels!"

No response from the OP.

I think he's got the s hits already. Luckily he's close to an Aussie dunny. :o

PS. I like the point about the local toilets. It can be quite a balancing act, especially if you have the runs, or as an American girl pointed out, "when wearing tights and high heels!"

No response from the OP.

I think he's got the s hits already. Luckily he's close to an Aussie dunny. :D

Contemplating all the while of a Trump like life :o without a visa.

Hi Guys,

Thankyou

Josh

I still can't quite see this post as being for real. The guy says he's 21, worked in computers for 6 years....Sales/Customer service for 4-5 years. And now he thinks he can find a job with an international company. He's either a troll or extremely naive like another poster said.

But if he is genuine, then sorry about that. He certainly came to one of the best places around for visa information.