Daily Mail - Uk

sassienie

A Briton has been found murdered after predicting that his Thai wife would kill him.

Daily Mail, link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/...lent-death.html

Ian Beeston, a 69-year-old retired design engineer, was beaten and stabbed to death at his home in a village in the north-eastern Thai province of Roi-Et.

His body was found on Saturday. Yesterday, his wife Wacheerawan, 42, and her Thai lover, Somchit Janong, 48, were arrested and charged with murder.

Mr Beeston, who had grown-up children from a previous marriage, had predicted his death in a letter saying: 'It is just a matter of time now. I am in real fear for my own life.' He left the letter with lawyers.

The pensioner, who had worked at Ford's Dagenham plant, had been beaten and stabbed to death. Police said it took him seven hours to die.

Yesterday as the pair were arrested, horrified onlookers, shocked at the callous killing, jeered and shouted 'hia' (lizard) - a strong Thai insult..

Trouble started just four months ago when Beeston, married nine years to his 42-year-old Thai wife Wacheerawan, nicknamed 'Wanna', discovered that she had cashed in all the property he had bought in Thailand at a local bank.

Caught out: Wachareewan Beeston, 42, and her lover Songchit Janon

He had invested all his life savings in over an acre of property and built his marital home, a guesthouse and a restaurant near a village called Suwannaphum, meaning 'Golden Land'.

Thai newspapers this week described him home as "palatial". But under Thai law, as foreigners cannot own property he had put it in his wife's name.

"I thought she loved me but she just wanted my cash," penniless divorcee Beeston, who arrived in Thailand with £350,000 told friends at the time. He then asked his wife to leave the marital home and live in a shack with corrugated iron room nearby.

And he began selling all moveable objects in the house and restaurant piece by piece to survive until he could legally get the funds to return home.

"It was like he has signed his own death warrant," said neighbour Andrew Herrington, 51, a retired HGV driver from Sheldon, Birmingham.

Cold-blooded: Songchit Janon, 48, shows police how he clubbed and then stabbed to death the British design engineer

"His wife lived behind the main house with her Thai boyfriend. Every time we went to visit she would come out and scream and order us away. 'This is my house. This is my land.'

"Ian knew that he was going to be murdered. He had already complained that while he was away she had put something inside a beer in his fridge.

"He had felt ill. So he sent the beer away for analysis to a local hospital. He was awaiting the results.

"But it was an open secret in the area that Ian was going to be murdered, but she had a secret police lover.

"When I recently went home to Birmingham a policeman told me: 'Perhaps your friend will not be alive when you come back'.

"So when I went to his house on Sunday and saw his car was there and the house locked up, I knew then his time had come. His wife came out shouting at me and my wife to go away. We decided to call the police.

Murder scene: The 'tropical palace' where the Briton was knifed to death

"When they came they found his badly beaten body.

"Ian was a nice and charming man, always helping others.

"But secretly he was broke and he had nowhere to go once his home had been taken away from him."

Neighbour Bill Lamb, from Woolagong in Australia, said: "He told us all he was going to be murdered, and quite frankly we believed him, and thought so too.

"Friends had brought him a stun gun, a tazer, to use to protect himself. We wanted him to go home to England but he was spending his last pennies trying to get his property back. He was due in court today."

Under Thai divorce law the couple would have had to share their assets 50-50. Police believe his wife wanted everything and way of getting that was to have him killed.

Plan: Wachareewan Beeston explains why she decided to have her husband bumped off

"For the last three months he had been a prisoner in his own house. We have been bringing him food, but he has been living on mashed potatoes."

Police Captain Patapong Patniboon of Suwannaphum Police said: "Ian Beeston's wife and a Thai friend from Petchabun Province, Somchit Janong, 48, have both been arrested for her murder. We have assured the British Embassy that the investigation will be thorough."

A British Embassy official said that attempts were being made to trace Beeston's grown up children, who had moved abroad, and his ex-wife.

Three years ago Briton Toby Charnaud, a gentleman farmer aged 42, was beaten to death, barbecued and his body fed to the tigers in Kaeng Krajan national park in Thailand after he divorced his Thai wife and removed her from his will. She was later charged and convicted with other relatives

post-11344-1218482261_thumb.jpg

post-11344-1218482285_thumb.jpg

post-11344-1218482297_thumb.jpg

post-11344-1218482309_thumb.jpg

Edited by sassienie

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evil fuc_kers hope they rot in prison for a long time, if she had half the money from the sales of the property then their was no need, theyd won what is important to these types i.e the money.

After working at Ford for many years id have thought he be on a nice pension and wouldnt be in the dire straits that article portrays.

I wonder if he knew what was going to happen why he didnt leave.

....TIP OF AN ICEBERG :o I think it was in The Pattaya Mail once something that has allways stuck in my head an old Thai proverb "Bied Bien" which someone might be able to translate but was explained as: In this life take out of it what you can......even if it does not belong to you......If someone is not careful with their own wealth then grab it.....

Edited by dee123

Evil fuc_kers hope they rot in prison for a long time, if she had half the money from the sales of the property then their was no need, theyd won what is important to these types i.e the money.

After working at Ford for many years id have thought he be on a nice pension and wouldnt be in the dire straits that article portrays.

What amazes me is how the hel_l do they think they can get away with it. Hardly the perfect crime,

TBWG :o

.....I am afraid that the close knit little sit down chats(pow-wows) that sometimes occurs with Thais has a tendency to float away from reality,and truth and reality is forgotton to Thai face saving and rich farang idea.....

This sort of thing is happening far too often, almost like a Farang holocaust.

These ex-pats only crime was to seek a peaceful contented life in their later years and for that they received the death penalty.

I have a cousin who is presently fighting for his assets against his Thai wife and one of my close friends died of stress because of what a Thai family did to him.

For those who fall for the ever loving Thai girl with the cute smile and the I love you so much charm, should heed the experiences of others and tread carefully before investing any resources into these people.

As for Ian Beeston, he suffered so much abuse from these vermin that he no longer had the will power to fight back.

Definately ring tones of nazi type psychological and physical break down of a persons sprit to survive.

Edited by sassienie

sassienie, as I have said on so many occasions,the farang has to know what he is letting himself in for,NO WAY,should you take on 100% with Thai customs and things like sinsod when farang does not receive it when its his time to receive,....do not listen to those farangs who have fallen for this ridiculus inequality of never having a future stake from your marriage commitments,

sassienie, as I have said on so many occasions,the farang has to know what he is letting himself in for,NO WAY,should you take on 100% with Thai customs and things like sinsod when farang does not receive it when its his time to receive,....do not listen to those farangs who have fallen for this ridiculus inequality of never having a future stake from your marriage commitments,

Although I am happily married to a Thai lady, perhaps there is some logic in the old saying:

EAST IS EAST, AND WEST IS WEST, AND NEVER THE TWAIN SHALL MEET.

It's still mind boggling as how far people are willing to do for the money, and

If only the farangs can learn from each other mistakes, then nothing likes this would happen or less likely.

But what is there to learn Teacup, and how?

By not trusting Thai woman, or not buying land or a house in her name ?? Not marrying a Thai woman?

It is not the first time this has happened and all starts out as a normal relationship until the true nature of the beast comes forward.

Should we now look upon Thai woman as all being the same? You want us to learn that? I am sure you donot.

If only the farangs can learn from each other mistakes, then nothing likes this would happen or less likely.

By not trusting Thai woman, or not buying land or a house in her name ?? Not marrying a Thai woman?

It is not the first time this has happened and all starts out as a normal relationship until the true nature of the beast comes forward.

Should we now look upon Thai woman as all being the same? You want us to learn that? I am sure you donot.

You know the answer already, it's in Life 101

Learn how to use your common sense and don't ever put all your eggs in the one basket.

How difficult can it be?

Unless your think that having or using common sense is not so common after all.

And I don't really like for what just happened to him, but the reality is........It also takes two to tango, don't you think so?

Edited by teacup

...you could be right teacup......"king of the castle".....is a nice feeling.....but then reality sets in....my advice is from Day 1 say you don't do sinsod and have your own customs take it or leave it..........problem is you will still be living in that old council house back home... :o....over 25 years I know numerable relationships that have ended because of lack of understanding and high expectations....

Edited by dee123

Learn how to use your common sense and don't ever put all your eggs in the one basket.

How difficult can it be?

True, common sense is the answer. But common sense is the expectation too.

I don't know if you are married, but if, does your husband apply that common sense to you? Would you like that or understand? Please don't answer , i am just trying to see it in the everyday perspective.

I don't think we will learn from this, because these horrible things are not a real part of life as we would like it to be, we don't think about maybe getting killed by the one we love.

It doesn't exist, it only happens to someone else, not me, not us....

Life wouldn't be fun if these things were on our mind.

Regards

What amazes me is how the hel_l do they think they can get away with it. Hardly the perfect crime,

The article says she had a police secret lover, so presumably they thought connections would get them off.

It doesnt make clear if the killer was old bill or she had another lover.

TBWG :o

Does not take Sherlock to solve but these sad cases happen many times.

Poor guy.

....just this year I saw an Expat on Pattaya TV, a so called "expert" who boasted he had lived in LOS 15 years and described himself as a school teacher......(allthough he looked more like a Koh Samuii beachcomber)...spouting rubbish about "Thai customs" and validating sinsod....I thought "what an asshol_e"....

Edited by dee123

OH, East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,

Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God's Great Judgment Seat;

But there is neither East or West, Border, nor Breed or Birth,

When two strong men stand face to face, tho' they come from the ends of the earth!

The Ballad of East and West.

R Kipling.

How difficult can it be?

And I don't really like for what just happened to him, but the reality is........It also takes two to tango, don't you think so?

I can't imagine you would blame the victim of a homicide for his own demise, would you teacup?

You are a better and smarter person than that.

What ever his particular "dance" happened to be, we are only speculating now, would it justify his murder?

Well said Carib. It's something we would rather not contemplate I think.

My heart goes out to the victims family.

~WISteve

Steve

I'm not blaming on the victim, I don't take side......if you only go and read my first post.

Blaming on just one side is not how I write my posts.

Yes, I included your first post very purposefully.

They seemed at odds with each other.

Just as there is no defense for domestic violence in my mind, there is nothing the victim could have done to deserve a protracted beating and murder at the hands of his wife's lover (who has apparently confessed, based on the re-enactment picture?). If there was another side then it should have been adjudicated in a court. Seems there was a hearing scheduled on the following day?

I agree with your first post. It is incredible what people will do in their lust for money.

~WISteve

Steve

I'm not blaming on the victim, I don't take side......if you only go and read my first post.

Blaming on just one side is not how I write my posts.

The facts according to that article -

Fact 1 - She was living with her bf whilst the hubby was next door.

Fact 2 - It was common knowledge that he was going to be killed, he even told his solicitor so.

Fact 3 - He thinks she'd been trying to poison him and sent samples of beer that he thought were contaminated to the local hospital.

Fact 4 - She sold the houses which he bought and he had to take her to court to get his money.

Fact 5 - He was brutally killed by his wifes lover and took many hours to die.

So whilst im sure the wifes point of view isnt being put over very well, im going to jump in with both feet and make the presumption she is in the wrong.

egg

Are you talking to STEVE or me?

Here is my take anyway on what you just said

But of course she’s wrong for going over and swat somebody - husband or not

But my question was….could this tragic event be prevented somehow since the beginning?

The article didn’t really say on how did they meet, backgrounds of each side - except he's a design engineer which is not that matter

All I can see …..

- he’s too trusting and had spent “all” of his life saving in Thailand

On his PALATIAL estate in a bush - according to the villeagers…

On his business - which he’s probably have no knowledge of running

9 years marriage - again this is questionable too…of how well did he really know her?

Etc

Is this just another tragic case of ….someone was trying to buy love and affection using money, but didn’t really know another person well enough before jumping into it? And thought….MINE is DIFFERENT

Edited by teacup