I want to open an account at HSBC in Singapore. I think there is someone on this site that works there. Can I open the account in Bangkok but make Singapore my base with paperwork or do I have to travel to Singapore to do it. When I do have it open as a Singapore account can I deposit in Bangkok but it will show up in Singapore? I don't want the Thai banking rules for money in and out because of all the paperwork required, not trying to do anything illegal but simpler

thanks in advance

I want to open an account at HSBC in Singapore. I think there is someone on this site that works there. Can I open the account in Bangkok but make Singapore my base with paperwork or do I have to travel to Singapore to do it. When I do have it open as a Singapore account can I deposit in Bangkok but it will show up in Singapore? I don't want the Thai banking rules for money in and out because of all the paperwork required, not trying to do anything illegal but simpler

thanks in advance

"I don't want the Thai banking rules for money in and out because of all the paperwork required, not trying to do anything illegal but simpler"

In fact same same for me. As I want to have an Euro-account in Thailand which seems not to be possible and more because I am getting tired of all the (Thai) restrictions, all of a sudden change of rules, the countless different interpretations in between the bank-branches, the almost impossible possession of a credit-card etc. I prefer to have an account somewhere like in Malaysia, Singapore or at the Philippines.

I remember that it was very easy to open a Euro-account on the spot in Manilla as a tourist without that the bank started leafing through my passport for visa and asking for a work-permit.

Again: I should be pleased to place my money in Thailand but they seems not to encourage this very much.

Thanks also

thanks in advance

I did this last year. Contact HSBC Singapore and they will arrange for a FA to meet you in Bangkok/ Pattaya. There will be no requirement for you to go to Singers. It's easy and vg service. If you take funds rom Thailand you might have change to a Sterling/Dollar account first.

Wee Jimmy.

thanks in advance

I did this last year. Contact HSBC Singapore and they will arrange for a FA to meet you in Bangkok/ Pattaya. There will be no requirement for you to go to Singers. It's easy and vg service. If you take funds rom Thailand you might have change to a Sterling/Dollar account first.

Wee Jimmy.

Thanks a lot Jimmy! Very much appriciated!

Jimmy, your planned procedure will make HSBC bankers smile and think "PRAISE THE LORD! another sucker who wants to go the easy way without negotiating terms, restrictions and fees". :o

read my e-mail. my banker promised yesterday to have some results for you by end of next week. arrange drinks (serving ladies are optional), vacuum pond and polish kois for my inspection. :D

Jimmy, your planned procedure will make HSBC bankers smile and think "PRAISE THE LORD! another sucker who wants to go the easy way without negotiating terms, restrictions and fees". :o

read my e-mail. my banker promised yesterday to have some results for you by end of next week. arrange drinks (serving ladies are optional), vacuum pond and polish kois for my inspection. :D

Read what email--is this an in-joke? Is this a secret society or are we all allowed to know?

• 6 months later...

Read what email--is this an in-joke? Is this a secret society or are we all allowed to know?

Haybilly, i apologise for answering your question six months late but only today was my attention was drawn by a personal message to this thread. for your information... Jimmy is a personal friend of mine. we meet once in a while over a glass of Sherry and keep -without asking your permission :D- e-mail contact. the nature of my information included specific indications as far as Jimmy's financial as well as his tax status is concerned and i am sure he wouldn't have been too happy if some of this information has surfaced in a public forum.

i know that curiosity can kill, but please bear with us :D