Maxnet Slowdowns!

Dobb

Hiya,

Using MaxNet 590 Baht per month package here, and I have been able to play on a Singapore server with great ping until a few days ago where bad latency struck. What the heck is going on here? All international links are bad, connecting to foreign websites is slow.

Before this,I can connect with around 64ms Ping, which is great! But now, I get 450ms Ping. :o

Seriously what's going on?

Note: Staying in Chiang Mai btw,not sure if location will help in any way.

Unfortunately that doesn't help me solving the situation. Are you telling me I'm doomed to have this problem forever? That doesn't sound very humanitarian (Lol) .

And I'm not exactly very accustomed to what is going on in Thailand,I'm new here.

But as a gamer, I can't have smooth gameplay for some reason. I lagged alot, I mean,if it was around 100ms, or 150ms,I wouldn't bother but it's way beyond 400, sometimes hitting 900ms.

I will ask some contacts outside Thailand to sniff out all "interesting" network occurrences here.

Also, I have some odd redirects with Google and Youtube right now. It wants to peg me as being in Russia. This tells me that there is heavy filtering and re-tagging of data flowing in and out of Thailand. I'll dig a bit.

I had friends around Malaysia and they don't have a problem with the net. And I don't have any redirects, the usual www.google.com redirect itself to www.google.co.th.

And nobody is helping with this net problem, I want to enjoy my weekends. :o

ping to google.be was 350ms for the past few days but it's back to the usual 160ms we get here in samui.

also it's clear that indy connections comes without any garanteed speed and it's stated when you take the line most of the time.

True in Bangkok's been slow for me for a few days too.

Don't worry man, there's not much you CAN do. This kind of erratic behavior from your net connection is a normal thing here in Thailand :o

Usually the net magically gets better by itself after a couple of weeks.