Changing Vietnam Dong To Thai Baht In Bangkok?

Hello,

Is it possible to exchange Vietnamese Dong to Thai Baht in Bangkok?

I have about VND 8,530,000 (around THB 17,240).

Thanks!

If you don't want to lose a whole lot of money; I think this general rule applies. When exchaging between two different third tier currencies, exchange one of the currencies to dollars or euros, and then exchange those dollars or euros for the other niche currency. Thus you will be involved in two transactions where some liquidity exists, rather than in one, where hardly any exists. Should keep spreads down.

It may be a bit of a problem as The Siam Commercial Bank doesn't list it at the "Currency Exchange" page of their website.

If they do accept it, I would guess that the exchange rate will be severely discounted. For example, you can buy Indonesian Rupiah from SCB for 0.0044 baht but they will only give you 0.002 baht if you want to sell it back to them.

You could be better off looking for someone who is going to Vietnam and make a deal with them.

Hello,

Thanks!

Vietnamese Dong is not accepted nor bought and sold anywhere outside of Vietnam, including airports.

Hello,

Thanks!

Vietnamese Dong is not accepted nor bought and sold anywhere outside of Vietnam, including airports.

Correct, VND is only exchangeable in Viet Nam so the only way is to return to VN for a day or two. I'd be happy to met up someplace and help out but my next R&R isn't scheduled untill November, but if you can wait 'till then PM me and we'll try and sort something out (normally I spend time in Pattaya but there or Bangkok is a possibility).