Boiset (offshore Survival) Training In Thailand

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that the training provider(s) in Thailand have their fees jacked up by the government nearly double the prices of neighboring countries.

The goverment doesnt have a say in the fee's charged, the training providers are private business's. I suspect what may have happened is that the training providers in Thailand are "accredited to" the operators...ie the operators in Thailand only recognise the training provided by certain companies and as such the training providers are trying to gouge people..but certainly the Thai goverment (DMF) has no say over the rates charged

I've just got off the phone with Falck Thailand to see if they had made a mistake in the email they sent me. Bosiet 1 day refresher 30,000 +7% Tax, thats £650 and back in England it costs £195 from the same company. How the <deleted> is this? I ask, I was told their prices are regulated by the government and take into account that you would have to also pay for flights and hotels and stuff if you flew somewhere else to do it. What a Joke TIT!

It appears that the training provider(s) in Thailand have their fees jacked up by the government nearly double the prices of neighboring countries.

The goverment doesnt have a say in the fee's charged, the training providers are private business's. I suspect what may have happened is that the training providers in Thailand are "accredited to" the operators...ie the operators in Thailand only recognise the training provided by certain companies and as such the training providers are trying to gouge people..but certainly the Thai goverment (DMF) has no say over the rates charged

I've just got off the phone with Falck Thailand to see if they had made a mistake in the email they sent me. Bosiet 1 day refresher 30,000 +7% Tax, thats £650 and back in England it costs £195 from the same company. How the <deleted> is this? I ask, I was told their prices are regulated by the government and take into account that you would have to also pay for flights and hotels and stuff if you flew somewhere else to do it. What a Joke TIT!

The prices are not regulated by the goverment, Falck is an independent business, they are BS and gouging you, I suspect what is happening is that they are charging high because this is a price they are charging the operators and getting away with it....What price has MOGIT given you for the 1 day ?...I did my 1 day refresher there just on 3 years ago and no where near THB 30,000

Just had a look at the course prices for the full MOGIT BOSIET-T (OPITO) and the price for the full 3 days is THB 37,000 + VAT,

The price of the 1 day refresher is not stated, but will stand by my statement someone is BS you over the price

http://www.mogit.org/webpage/upload/module_subcourse/title_cms/file_410b5708c910715464a1ed205c8baed3.pdf

• Like 1

The prices are not regulated by the goverment, Falck is an independent business, they are BS and gouging you, I suspect what is happening is that they are charging high because this is a price they are charging the operators and getting away with it....What price has MOGIT given you for the 1 day ?...I did my 1 day refresher there just on 3 years ago and no where near THB 30,000

Just had a look at the course prices for the full MOGIT BOSIET-T (OPITO) and the price for the full 3 days is THB 37,000 + VAT,

The price of the 1 day refresher is not stated, but will stand by my statement someone is BS you over the price

http://www.mogit.org...d205c8baed3.pdf

Did my FOET (OPITO Bosiet refresher) this year at MOGIT. Cost my company 26K Baht.

Dont know were you are getting 195 quid from in the UK for FOET training, ie the 1 day refresher prices are running around 431 quid in Aberdeen to around 445 quid at fleetwood, both ex VAT, therefore would be coming in at THB 26,000 or there abouts (assuming 20% VAT in the UK)

Therefore with current exchange rates and based on 26k indicated by DCM1 (not sure includes or excludes VAT at 7%) from last year at MOGIT...the price in Thailand and price in the UK almost exactly the same, granted Falck seem a bit more expensive than MOGIT, but the numbers you have been quoted are not that far off the going rate, but nowhere I have looked at quotes a price of 195 quid in the UK for a FOET

http://www.petrofact...-training-foet/

So going back to your original statement that the goverment is fixing the prices, this implies the Thai Goverment is in cahoots with the British goverment then if your statement is true, one suspects what you have been told is that the governing body...ie OPITO is setting the price, which is most likely to be true, but not the Thai goverment

So why is this TIT then ?.....have a go at OPITO if you have problems with the prices and they are in the UK, not Thailand

Edited by Soutpeel

• 2 weeks later...

That link is for the Tropical Bosiet, its a different course. The price for the one day T FOET is stated, its 28,500 + vat http://www.mogit.org/webpage/upload/module_subcourse/title_cms/file_2c70730842d62c149d65ba76e6504c53.pdf

The price for the FOET is also there and is 29,000 + Vat, roughly the same price as Falck Thailand, I was wrong about the Falck uk price though, £195 was what I was quoted on the phone but after checking the website it is £470 inc vat. Still about £160 more expensive to do it in Thailand, and as I was at falck in Samut Prakarn on Thursday doing my FOET and asked about the pricing I can tell you that unless they were telling me bare face lies, the prices are regulated by a governing body which is not opito.

This looks like a great training facility, I work offshore at the moment in Australia. Are these tickets recognized by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority and NOPSEMA?