New Yank Movie "horton" Is Virulently Racist

bgood

I downloaded and watched 'Horton hears a who' with my 8y/o son tonight. He loved it but, as an Oz citizen, I am concerned about the damage done to him.

The animation is good and the story well written; its not 'Animal Farm' but there are plenty of adult level themes in there to keep parents amused. Unfortunately, the use of the kangaroo, the Oz national symbol, to represent the forces of evil is clearly racist.

Edited by bgood

I downloaded and watched 'Horton hears a who' with my 8y/o son tonight. He loved it but, as an Oz citizen, I am concerned about the damage done to him.

The animation is good and the story well written: its not 'Animal Farm' but there are plenty of adult level themes in there to keep parents amused. Unfortunately, the use of the kangaroo, the Oz national symbol to represent the forces of evil is clearly racist.

roflmao

The animation is good and the story well written; its not 'Animal Farm' but there are plenty of adult level themes in there to keep parents amused. Unfortunately, the use of the kangaroo, the Oz national symbol, to represent the forces of evil is clearly racist.

Na, you aint right, not all Aussies are bastards, just the ones who's parents were not married :D:o

I quite like the Aussies, but then I am not a sheep.............LOL

roy gsd

Edited by roygsd

Lets make it Thailand related then. Why can't Jingjocks be the evil forces? They all hate farangs, you can see it in their beady little eyes. They're probably plotting something right now!

You should watch Ong Bak II then (Tom-Yum-Goong) - Well it has an Elephant in it who is a Thai Elephant who is good, but the Thai people who steal him are evil.

Its a typical scene that you get in the early plot set of a vengence movie.

Learnt directly from hollywood.

Edited by jimjam23

I agree, kangaroos should never be insulted like that. They should use armadillos as the evil forces, they have thick skins and are more emotionally secure.

I agree as the armadillo can hold their liquor much better too (better than an Aussie, that is).... :o

Edited by dingdongrb

I saw the movie. I hate to break this to you, but the film was a thinly veiled commentary on AMERICAN politics.

The roo does NOT represent Oz, but instead represents the right wing forces of ignorance and intolerance in American society.

So you DOWNLOADED it huh? You stole the movie and you are still complaining? OK then.

Edited by Jingthing

So you DOWNLOADED it huh? You stole the movie and you are still complaining? OK then.

There are websites designed to download videos as well as music for a cost, not everyone has an evil mind. But I prefer to buy the bootleg copies from China. (Much better quality than the ones you get here in LOS.) :o

I saw the movie. I hate to break this to you, but the film was a thinly veiled commentary on AMERICAN politics.

The roo does NOT represent Oz, but instead represents the right wing forces of ignorance and intolerance in American society.

Yes, I'm sorry JT. It was just a little dig.

Yes, I'm sorry JT. It was just a little dig.

No worries, mate.

I really do like Aussies. Medium rare with a side of blaming onion. (An obscure joke some Americans may get.)

Edited by Jingthing

Na, you aint right, not all Aussies are bastards, just the ones who's parents were not married :D:o

roy gsd

Roy

You are getting us Aussies confused with Kiwi's, they are the ones partial to the odd sheep (only the good looking ones I am told). We moved on from them 2 generations ago.

Now if you were a silver crested cockatoo...then you should be worried (but only if you are a good looking one).

:D

roy gsd

Roy

You are getting us Aussies confused with Kiwi's, they are the ones partial to the odd sheep (only the good looking ones I am told). We moved on from them 2 generations ago.

Now if you were a silver crested cockatoo...then you should be worried (but only if you are a good looking one).

:D

I stand corrected, in my defence it was a kiwi who told me that story LOL

roy gsd

All my Aussie friends are bastards, yet I am a Brit and a bastard, so are my American friends.

So that confirms it than, we’re all bastards.

well thats this thread sorted, Next!

roy gsd

Edited by roygsd

roflmao

]

All my Aussie friends are bastards, yet I am a Brit and a bastard, so are my American friends.

So that confirms it than, we're all bastards.

well thats this thread sorted, Next!

roy gsd

Used to live in OZ

Neva heard of a "silver crested cockatoo".

Mine is a sulphur crested cockatoo.

Isaw this sign in my OZ travels.

post-46648-1219487880_thumb.png

Click and open for laffs.