Thai Mother In Law

Can anyone point me to info or even tell me about the rules and regs now for a Thai mother in law who came here (Australia), was married and now wants a divorce 6 months later - obviously still on temp visa, that my wife went Assurance of Support for it all to happen.

Would she have to go back to Thailand straight away, or would the AoS kick in and she could stay with us? No idea what section on the DIMIA site this is gone into

TIA

Edited by minbari73

Can anyone point me to info or even tell me about the rules and regs now for a Thai mother in law who came here (Australia), was married and now wants a divorce 6 months later - obviously still on temp visa, that my wife went Assurance of Support for it all to happen.

Would she have to go back to Thailand straight away, or would the AoS kick in and she could stay with us? No idea what section on the DIMIA site this is gone into

TIA

I would recommend contacting the nearest consulate and/or consulting with an immigration and divorce lawyer in this situation.

Regards,

Martian

TIA

Situational....depends on the reasons for the relationship breakdown. I take it the wife is not withdrawing support.