Landlord Fires Gunshot And Kills Thief Dead

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: August 20th 2008

LANDLORD FIRES GUNSHOT AND KILLS THIEF

Two burglars were encouraged to steal the second motorbike on the same night. House landlord was hiding in the dark with a gun, waiting to catch the thieves. In the catching attempt, the suspects grabbed near by weapons to attack the landlord. The landlord had shot one suspect dead and another one escaped with a severe injury.

After being notified that there was a death at a shooting incident in Soi Nongmagork 1, Chaiyapruke 2 road, Moo 4, Huey Yai, Banglamung, Chonburi, Pol.Maj. Winai Ho-rien, Banglamung investigator, with the police team, including doctor from Banglamung hospital and Sawang Boriboon rescue, rushed to scene.

On the road in the middle of the Soi, Police found a deceased body of Mr.Suthawee Wongchingchai (18), from Chonburi, was lying dead, face down, wearing a black helmet, a brown T-shirt, blue jeans, canvas shoes and also a chopping knife in his right hand grip.

Mr. Suthawee was shot by .9mm gun on his left chest and a bullet scrape on his right ring finger. Police had collected the evidences, consisting of 3 bullet cases and a bullet head. A blue Honda Wave 125 motorbike, license 281, Chonburi, belonged to the death person, was fallen down on the ground. Police also found a metal hammer, a screwdriver, a slippers and a license plate No. 104, (Sra-gaew).

Mr. Sanae Boonsong (42), from Huey Yai, Chonburi (the landlord), who shot the suspect dead, was investigated. He eaplained to police that he had 16 houses for rent in the Soi where the incident occurred. At around 01.00am, Mr.Supak Koonsombat (28), from Ubonrachathani, his tenant, inform him that Mr.Supak's blue and black Honda Wave 125 motorbike, license No. 267, Srisaket, which was parking in front of the house, had been stolen and he had already reported to Banglamung police.

After learning that, Mr. Sanae, the landlord, had walked around the property with a gun and waiting in the dark. Unexpectedly, 2 suspects riding on a motorbike, coming into the Soi at around 03.00am. They were walking to a motorbike, which was parking in front of the house and tried to remove off its license plate.

Mr.Sanae, the landlord, immediately, walked from the dark and yelled out. The 2 suspects were alarmed and one of them grabbed a chopping knife and another one grabbed a metal hammer, were coming to attack him. Mr. Sanae had fired a gunshot in the sky (.99 mm.), but it could not stop the thieves from moving towards him. Mr.Sanae said, he then decided to fire 5 gunshots at the two men. Mr. Suthawee was shot dead. Another suspect was also injured and had struggled running away.

Subsequently, police was notified by Mr.Narongsak Sarika (25), that he had taken a man who had sustained a gunshot to Wat Yarnasangworaram hospital. Police had investigated and found Mr. Namchoke Yamdaeng or nickname "Nam, Huey Yai" (21), from Chonburi, who had sustained a gunshot on his right knee and another shot on his right rib and he was not being able to testify. Police had detained Mr. Namchoke for further investigation.

Initially, police revealed that, the landlord, Mr. Sanae Boonsong, would be charged for intentionally killing someone. Police also confiscated his gun and found it had a license. However, this case would be up to prosecuting attorney to consider whether Mr. Sanae would be prosecuted or it was self-protection. Police would investigate the witnesses to get more details.

Photograph courtesy of Pattaya Daily News

One Dead Thief: Three Cheers For Landlord Sanae: Gimme Five!

post-26634-1219242602_thumb.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My condolences to the family of the victim. It's a tragic end, even if they were common thieves and I am sure the victims family will be deeply affected.

common thieves? they got ready to hack the landlord to pieces.... they both deserved to be shot at.

I would say that the landlord had reasonable grounds to do what he did if it was true that the intended robbers did actually go to attack him with said weapons and should be treated as Innocent of murder/manslaughter unless proved otherwise.

I hope this is properly investigated and no stone left unturned in establishing what actually happened, (I do hope the finding be self-defence).

BB

Mr.Sanae, the landlord, immediately, walked from the dark and yelled out. The 2 suspects were alarmed and one of them grabbed a chopping knife and another one grabbed a metal hammer, were coming to attack him. Mr. Sanae had fired a gunshot in the sky (.99 mm.), but it could not stop the thieves from moving towards him.

Bullshit. I'll never believe that two guys (not one, two) continued to advance an attack on a guy with a gun after a warning shot had been fired in the air.

In this life, violence is the worst thing you can do. And murder is the worst kind of violence.

The landlord is a murderer. Anger at intruders and theives is no excuse for murder.

Those of you who think these kids deserved to die and the murderer deserves to get off free, you are warped and twisted.

Murder is worse than theft.

Edited by MisterFingers

So mr Finger if I see someone attacking, robbing or threatening you I must not interfere because I might kill them B.llsh.t Get a life.

They weren't threatening a person. They were unscrewing plates off a motorbike when they thought nobody was around.

Instead, it was an ambush set up by a landlord who wanted blood and probably even placed the motorbike as bait.

You telling me to get a life, boy?

If you think someone who doesn't condone premeditated murder needs to get a life, you've got some real problems with your marbles.

People like you need to see a professional before you do something really stupid.

So mr Finger if I see someone attacking, robbing or threatening you I must not interfere because I might kill them B.llsh.t Get a life.

They weren't threatening a person. They were unscrewing plates off a motorbike when they thought nobody was around.

Instead, it was an ambush set up by a landlord who wanted blood and probably even placed the motorbike as bait.

If you think someone who doesn't condone premeditated murder needs to get a life, you've got some real problems with your marbles.

People like you need to see a professional before you do something really stupid.

I think they both deserved to die, shame he only killed one of them. why do people think they can just take what they want, I work hard for what I have. if some thieving arse came onto my property I would dish out as much pain as I could. and then plant a knive in his hand.

When in self-defence, go for it. Get yourself a Charles Bronson type moustache whist your at it and be a full-on vigilante. If however they were minding their own business, stealing license plates without disturbing you, then I would have perhaps asked them politely to leave the premises, but not before offering them a cup of tea. Pulling a knife out after having been offered a cuppa however is just not cricket.

Know your rules of engagement.

whos knows what happened

certainly they would have to be pretty stupid to advance on someone firing a gun.??????

that and that they mentioned what the guy had in his hand after he had been shot.

whats with the hang em high sentiment above!!!!!

I for one am totally in favor of using "bait" when hunting these thieves. Motorcycles, parked in front of a house (with keys still in the ignition)... heck, may as well hang a gold chain on the mirror as well. Screw drivers and cutters can also be bought cheaper by the dozen to be used as "props."

:o

The landlords story sounds very suspicious.

He just happened to be waiting in the dark with a gun because one of his tenants had a motorbike stolen earlier in the evening?

Since when do landlords care that much about a tenants stolen property?

I reckon there is more to this story than has been reported.

BTW If we killed everyone whoever stole something then the worlds population would be very small.

I see nothing in the OP to indicate that the killed and wounded pair were the same people who stole a bike earlier in the night. In fact, from the report they were allegedly removing a bikes plate when accosted ,not stealing the bike.

Seems a bit amateurish , to hang about changing plates right in front of the owners abode instead of getting the bike out of the vicinity first.

I believe motorcycle theft in Thailand numbers near 1 million per annum , so judging by the posts I see here , the Gung Ho brigade would have no qualms about seeing potentially 1 million people (including the 8,9,10 year olds out for a joy ride) shot to death over a miserable motor cycle.

They need to kill more of the thieving scum bags. If more bleeding heart liberals had major items stolen, they may change their minds about thieves being killed.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me weighing in on the unpopular side of this thread.

I've seen a lot of you ogres walking around with a nice looking Thai girlfriend, knowing that without your money she'd think you're nothing, knowing that she actually loves one of these boys, one of her kind, the same age as her.

I bet some of you guys would like to see all the 18 year old Thai boys lined up and shot.

It's the only way I can even fathom the fact that most of you think murder is not a disproportionate response to petty theft.

And Gary, I have had a major item stolen. The guy got caught and got what he deserved. Probation for a first time offence and a criminal record. Not the death penalty.

If they would have ever touched my bike, they would have received a shower out of a magnum....well done, sorry for the guys, but instead of running away they decided to attack the landlord. Their deadly mistake.

They need to kill more of the thieving scum bags. If more bleeding heart liberals had major items stolen, they may change their minds about thieves being killed.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me weighing in on the unpopular side of this thread.

I've seen a lot of you ogres walking around with a nice looking Thai girlfriend, knowing that without your money she'd think you're nothing, knowing that she actually loves one of these boys, one of her kind, the same age as her.

I bet some of you guys would like to see all the 18 year old Thai boys lined up and shot.

It's the only way I can even fathom the fact that most of you think murder is not a disproportionate response to petty theft.

And Gary, I have had a major item stolen. The guy got caught and got what he deserved. Probation for a first time offence and a criminal record. Not the death penalty.

wooha, I am 32 and so is my Thai wife. I dont have any money either...... I still think the thieves got of lightly... :o

Let's not stop at killing people for stealing motorcycles let's bring in the death penalty for all property crimes and for that matter traffic offences, drunken and lewd behaviour etc

Anybody applauding the killing of another human being over a petty property crime should take a good hard look at themselves.

After you have done that hope you are happy with what you see!

it is a gross affront to the decency and morality of all law abiding citizens that a few lily livered left wing panty wearing liberals should come on here and berate the victim of a horrendous crime for doing what any decent upstanding firearm owning member of society would do when faced with the same threat , and that is to fire a couple of warning shots into the upper left thoracic region of his attackers.

it is a gross affront to the decency and morality of all law abiding citizens that a few macho posturing tattood knuckle headed no necked rednecks should come on here and suggest that the only course of action to take when confronted with a couple of young kids letting the tyres down on their harleys is to stand there with a bargirl on their arm and a pistol in their hand shoot them point blank in the chest.

Too many unanswered questions here, and only one side of the story reported so far. Hard to make a judgement without knowing all the facts, and as we are not likely to ever find out anything more, it's hard to say whether this was justified or not.

Even if the 2nd victim recovers and makes a statement, I doubt he will admit to anything more than perhaps trying to steal a licence plate.

If the landlord stands by his story, and the victim doesn't admit to attempting anything else (like attacking the landlord), I'd hazard a guess that the landlord will get a slap on the wrist. If the victim admits to threatening to attack the landlord, then the landlord probably walks with a handshake (and his weapon returned).

Mr.Sanae, the landlord, immediately, walked from the dark and yelled out. The 2 suspects were alarmed and one of them grabbed a chopping knife and another one grabbed a metal hammer, were coming to attack him. Mr. Sanae had fired a gunshot in the sky (.99 mm.), but it could not stop the thieves from moving towards him.

Bullshit. I'll never believe that two guys (not one, two) continued to advance an attack on a guy with a gun after a warning shot had been fired in the air.

In this life, violence is the worst thing you can do. And murder is the worst kind of violence.

The landlord is a murderer. Anger at intruders and theives is no excuse for murder.

Those of you who think these kids deserved to die and the murderer deserves to get off free, you are warped and twisted.

Murder is worse than theft.

I also am not convinced the shooter is not being economical with the truth, once the warnign shot was fired I suspect they would have fled given the opportunity................. killing a kid for trying to steal a poxy motorbike isnt brave or clever.

What trigger happy people here conviniently fail to question is " why was the landlord carrying a gun in a public place anyway? From the O/P it seems the killer was aware tof the earlier theft and decided to arm himself and wnt down there to lie in wait in the hope they would return.

As the landlord apparently own's several properties in the area and property prices are not exactly cheap in Pattaya it would be no suprise to me if it turned out this guy was a serving or former policeman or at least has close connections to the police.

Roy gsd

I think they both deserved to die, shame he only killed one of them. why do people think they can just take what they want, I work hard for what I have. if some thieving arse came onto my property I would dish out as much pain as I could. and then plant a knive in his hand.

Another Walter Mitty warrior............ :D:o

Roy gsd

Still holding the chopper in his right hand even with a mortal wound to the chest and a bullet graze to the right hand.

Bit like the drug related killings,the victims always die clenching their weapons. Uh Huh......

Nicely spotted,

:o

roy gsd