Student Visa Thai Language Course

Hi,

Thank for this wonderful forum , it was very helpful for me to understand about Thai Visa and complexity . I want to take a Thai cources in BKK and any idea which scholl to enroll and what would be the cost . How many hours of study should I do every week in order to get ED visa from Thai embassy . Do I have to leave Thailand every 3 months to extend my visa and if there any limitation of number of times I extend my stay with ED visa .

Thank all for your help .

I am Canadian and residing in Canada

I think it's a minimum of 15 hours a week of Thai study (although they have to be certified to teach it for you to 'really' get a Non-imm ED, although from Consulate to Consulate they might not be aware of this), at least that's what I heard from AUA!

Toronto is the best place in Candad to apply at IME!

I'm under the impression (and it might well be wrong) that you can only extend it for two years (or maybe two lots of two years) but to be honest I don't really know (my mate has one if I get the chance I'll ask him, so please take the above with a large pinch of salt!).

I just get a answer from AUA from BKK and their program is total of 2000 hours and each level is 200 hours . if I take 15 hours a week it makes 3 years to complete the courses . I was just wondering if I can go 3 years with ED visa and complate the course .

Thanks

By extending it each year with AUA assistance you can.