Drunk Farang Hits 17 Cars In Central Pattaya..

LennyW

My wife has been asking me for the last few days if i can see anything on the internet re a drunk falang that caused some carnage around central Pattaya / tops supermarket area, according to what she read in the daily Thairath newspaper.

He apparently hit 17 other vehicles with his vehicle and was eventually caught hiding in a carpark opposite Tiffany show??????????

Anybody have any links to an English version of this story...would have been around Tuesday / Wednesday.

I think this happened about 5am thursday morning.My next door neighbours own globetrotter restaraunt and lasse was in hospital at the time and his wife,dang told us that his truck and motorbike with side car were badly damaged.There were plenty of rental motorbikes wiped out it hink and they did get the drunken farang.This happened further down from tops but still on pattaya klang near beach rd.

I think this happened about 5am thursday morning.My next door neighbours own globetrotter restaraunt and lasse was in hospital at the time and his wife,dang told us that his truck and motorbike with side car were badly damaged.There were plenty of rental motorbikes wiped out it hink and they did get the drunken farang.This happened further down from tops but still on pattaya klang near beach rd.

plenty of rental m/bikes wiped out? quick get him out in his pickup again. read this in the local thai paper,local bar owner did it.

As far as I know is that the driver was a well known bar owner.

Is the bar owner's name something like "Big ...." :o

If it's the same gentleman, I heard that he did something similar a few years back on Beach Road, right outside the Soi 9 police station. :D What a lad!

Edited by Guderian

Just checked all the rags (er, respectable local English language media outlets) and no notice about this.

Kind of strange, when it seems every minor event (necklace snatches, pick-pocketing, bar fights, wooden penis to the mouth) gets first rate :o attention.

Just checked all the rags (er, respectable local English language media outlets) and no notice about this.

Kind of strange, when it seems every minor event (necklace snatches, pick-pocketing, bar fights, wooden penis to the mouth) gets first rate :o attention.

May be he spends a lot on advertising, even the Thais know "You do not bit the hand that feeds".

I also find it strange that it was not reported, assuming the story is true. Other that the reporting side which seems to have raised some mirth with some members the more important issue is that a very drunk driver was on the roads and could have killed or maimed others.

At the very least he will have a hefty repair bill plus a generous donation to the Thai Police benevolent fund. If he is a bar owner expect a price increase on his beers to cover it.

CB

If he is a bar owner expect a price increase on his beers to cover it.

CB

And the price of bar-fines in his establishment (if he has such a thing) ! :D

Hmmm, we could sleuth this out with a bit of effort. Scramble around from establishment to establishment, and see which one(s) have a sudden, dramatic increase in prices.

(Then weed out the Thai owned ones that haven't been doing well lately, and have increased their prices as a way of trying to draw in more customers) :o

If he is a bar owner expect a price increase on his beers to cover it.

CB

And the price of bar-fines in his establishment (if he has such a thing) ! :D

Hmmm, we could sleuth this out with a bit of effort. Scramble around from establishment to establishment, and see which one(s) have a sudden, dramatic increase in prices.

(Then weed out the Thai owned ones that haven't been doing well lately, and have increased their prices as a way of trying to draw in more customers) :o

In the interests of accuracy in reporting I am willing to subject myself to this noble task

:D

CB

Lock the dangerous,drunken b.....d up,he deserves no less !!!

As I wrote in my earlier post - we make fun of it but it is a serious incident that could have been a tragic accident if e had hit people and not cars.

I agree that he deserves to be severely punished for his actions but unlike the West, in Thailand it tends to be regarded as a minor crime.

CB

Oh my, how sad. In lieu of any confirmation in the local English-language 'media', here we have people pleading for more information to satisfy their need for more negative farang related press.

Eh? No, just want clarification on the issue, maybe find out what "falang" is giving the rest of us expats a bad name - tarred with same brush etc.