Free/low Cost Activities For Adults & Children In Chiang Mai

eek

Can we create a list of free and low cost activites for Adults & kids? (if we already have a similar topic, i havent noticed it. Sorry)

Things like free/low cost sports, regular events etc.

I kick off with Free Karate Classes at CMU (already recommended on TV): http://www.japankarate-cnx.net/FRAMES/Frames.html

Japan Karate Institute, Chiang Mai

Class Schedule

Monday and Wednesday - Chiang Mai University, Student Union Building

5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. (1730 - 1930)

Saturday - Ban Wang Tan

4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (1600 - 1900)

email: admin@ japankarate-cnx.net

Took the kids and grandma over to the ornamental horticulture tent next to Doi Kham (Kings Project veggie store) a few weeks ago. The had a lot of fun and I think all the materials might have been about 30 baht each. Nice instructors and they brought home some beautiful floral arrangements.

Huay Tung Tao Lake. (End of the Khan Klong Road)

Cheap to enter. You can rent inner tubes and play in the lake.

Night Safari

Free and fun children's jungle-jim in front.

Entry if you don't want to go on the tram.

50B adult, 30b Child

There is a nice nature walk around the lake.

That's as much time as we had time for as we had to get our daughter to bed.

I think the tram is like 150B or so.

CM Zoo

Prices have increased but not outrageously.

The next three items are about an hour drive away.

Sankampaeng Hot-spring Geysers are fun to see.

ChaingDao Caves

Doi Inthanon Waterfalls

Great suggestions, hope we get more.

Wandering, im a little confused about the Night Safari price. I inquired about 2 weeks ago or so and was quoted much higher. Is this a recent change?, as seems like a big discount. Or is it for a different section/thing? Also, the website shows the prices as: http://www.chiangmainightsafari.com/en/admission_rates.htm

Huay Tung Tao Lake. (End of the Khan Klong Road)

Cheap to enter. You can rent inner tubes and play in the lake.

Love Huay Tung Tao. If you go after 6pm (if i recall correct) the ticket booth is shut and the Lake is free for entry. Its actually a lovely time to go if you just want to have a eve picnic, go for a eve stroll, watch the sun go down, etc.

Great suggestions, hope we get more.

Wandering, im a little confused about the Night Safari price. I inquired about 2 weeks ago or so and was quoted much higher. Is this a recent change?, as seems like a big discount. Or is it for a different section/thing? Also, the website shows the prices as: http://www.chiangmainightsafari.com/en/admission_rates.htm

Love Huay Tung Tao. If you go after 6pm (if i recall correct) the ticket booth is shut and the Lake is free for entry. Its actually a lovely time to go if you just want to have a eve picnic, go for a eve stroll, watch the sun go down, etc.

It's also a great place to go in the afternoon to enjoy the fresh fish dishes , barbequed chicken and to relax in the shade of the lakeside bamboo huts. The 30 baht entrance fee may be off-putting for some though.