PAD Lay Siege On Government House, NBT TV Station

george

_44965151_protesters_b226_afp.jpg

Thailand still have someway to go in this event ...

_40087392_gurn203.jpggurning.jpg

What is the purpose of this post in the context of what should be a pretty serious discussion? I am no fan of the PAD- but this kind of stuff has no place here- by posting this you lower yourself to the level of those who suggest that anybody who disagrees with them is a paid stooge of the government.

Or maybe I had no political point to make and just posted it because I found it amusing?

Call me a paid stooge of the government all you like, but I'm no fan of Samak, PPP, Thaksin, or TRT. I'm no fan of PAD either, I really don't understand why people on here are taking sides, they're both as bad as each other. It's just a powerplay between elites, neither care about Thailand, only themselves.

You got it there

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just announced, Newin Chidchob and wife are flying out of the country. :D The cowards are gathering in London.

I guess we'll see a whole bunch of criminals fleeing the country only to find safety and comfort at the sides of Coward The Great hiding in London, also claiming they are fearing for their lives. :D

They'll probably dare call themselves a government in exile once. :o

Sections of Port Authority are shutting down.

I would expect water, electricity and other public services everywhere to follow if police storm the Parliament.

It's the end for Samak, probably thinking of hiding yety again in the washroom at an airport as we speak.

Edited by Tony Clifton

On NBT, Pallop confirms that if Chamlong is arrested, he will take Chamlong's place.

Ah, the true nature of the beast is beginning to show! Heaven help dear Thailand if that man ever becomes PAD's appointed Prime Minister!

first time i can agree with your choice of foe. i detest the likes of pallop. but:

1. to my knowledge the pad is not planning to build a new government and pm, just oust the incompetent incumbents.

Glad we can agree on something! As I said before, I think most people here do share a common love for this Country, and each in their own way is seeking what they feel is best for Thailand.

Sadly, the New Politics of Sondhi clearly sets out his goal of a new 70/30 appointed/elected parliament, and people like Pallop, if he's riding the triumphant wave of leading the overthrow of the Government just don't have a habit of walking away into retirement. No, you can bet your bottom dollar he'll demand the top job, and from his past record he'll not be afraid of disposing of anyone, friend or foe, who stands in his way.

I hope for the sake of all that my prophesy is wrong, I NEVER want to have to post "I told you so" in this forum.

I don't know why you come again and again with that appointed parliament which is in that way you tell it simply not true.

Really??

Bloomberg

BKK POst

Never brought up so far here is Sondhi's most interesting idea from the BK Post.

In part, the answer for the PAD lies in who controls the military. An important feature of Mr Sondhi's speech that went unreported in the press was the proposal to take the Ministry of Defence out of government control and place it under the Crown. At a time when Thailand is urgently facing the need to institutionalise its politics around public rules, the PAD is proposing to formally enhance the power of the monarchy.

It has some startling significances now, and longer term.

Postulating ideas is not the same as actually putting them into action.

Academics say many things, thoughts can make us see many possibilities.

If one pushes against a bull one must often move as if intending to move farther

than we actully intend to go. When pushing against someone who will inevitable

try and push back, sometimes it's best to push farther than we intend,

so that when it gets pushed back on it rests ABOUT where we hoped for.

PAD got rid of Thaksin and Sondhi didn't run for office,

He didn't do more than move to the sidelines,

until it became apparent what Thaksin's minions were up to for the 2nd round.

So he started pushing against seeing that the original move was being erased.

So the rhetoric of new government has escalated, as it logically would.

But where they want to end up, and how to get there as things are

'On The Ground', are two different animals. both in a state of flux

jockying for advantage with many unknowns in

a 80 years post feudal society that we can barely grasp.

PAD is pushing back hard because Thaksin's machine pushed back.

BOTH sides are playing hardball now.

Still not bothering to read your posts if you cannot grasp simple easy to read layout.

I think it is silly to start a discussion on how posts must be formated so you bother to read them....

Please stay on the topic.

Seconded.

I would expect water, electricity and other public services everywhere to follow if police storm the Parliament.

Amazing Thailand, can't they see how ridiculous they look on the international news? Every episode like this and every coup pushes them farther and farther back in terms of international credibility.

Amazing Thailand, can't they see how ridiculous they look on the international news? Every episode like this and every coup pushes them farther and farther back in terms of international credibility.

Abhisit on TV. Startlingly good media management.

Protesters confronting police

At 2.30 pm, hundreds of protesters are trying to push through police at Makawan Rangsan Bridge in order to join rally organised by the People's Alliance for Democracy.

The crowds throw water bottle at police. Police have not retaliated and use shields to protect themselves.

In another development, the PAD dispatched a truck from Government House to the Royal Plaza to pick up protesters trying to overcome the police barriers.

The Nation

Well these muppets who call themselves the PAD have now invaded Phuket and shut down the airport!!!

http://www.phuketgazette.net/dailynews/ind...8&display=1

PAD make my blood boil, as this will effect the tourism here in Phuket !,

TO all the supporters of PAD , Get A Life, you are only damaging your COUNTRY with all these stupid protests

The PAD represents the future of Thailand !

Pierrot, so far I used to like your posts.....But this one is an absolute shame !!!

I'm not sure you will like the next one either .....

Actually I'm so upset with this situation that it's the best I found to express my feelings without risking to be banned on the spot !

Edited by Pierrot

Well these muppets who call themselves the PAD have now invaded Phuket and shut down the airport!!!

TO all the supporters of PAD , Get A Life, you are only damaging your COUNTRY with all these stupid protests

If you live down South you better find out who is popular and who isnt. That aint government territory down there

From a well informed source, people who fled to Myanmar (ex Burma) after the return of democracy are now ready to come back.

From a Pad leader in exile: “We support the PAD, the end of free expression and double pricing for foreigners. “

Then he added that in Burma he made some very useful contacts and since the “war on drug” was over, he was looking to come back to start some very profitable business.

From a well informed source, people who fled to Myanmar (ex Burma) after the return of democracy are now ready to come back.

From a Pad leader in exile: "We support the PAD, the end of free expression and double pricing for foreigners. "

Then he added that in Burma he made some very useful contacts and since the "war on drug" was over, he was looking to come back to start some very profitable business.

A bit better ;-)

PAD just wants this government to resign and own up to their crimes. The PAD is not gonna appoint anybody. They don't wanna control the country. They just want to get rid of crooks who have ailed the country for the last 7 or 8 years or so.

Sometimes it's really laughable how un and il-informed some Anti-PAD crew are.

and replace them with who ?? Pallop ???

Or you really think that power vacum will just wait for free and fair democracy to arrive in Thailand.. Dont be so nieve.

Best we can hope for is the parliamentarians to sort it out themselves in a realignmnment towards center that clams the divides down. A longshot maybe.

It keeps getting lost in rhetoric.

Parlementarians will form a new coalition government,

when the current cabinet and PM are forced to resign.

The elected representatives will still get their say,

but for a completely new steering commitee

This is about cutting off the head of the hydra,

NOT about dismantling the whole government end to end.

Samak and cabinet resign,

the PPP majority then forms a new coalition government,

with different heads of state with in a week or a month.

Very simple and done in many counries

A vote of no confidense from the street to

counter a political machine running things into the ground.

The morons who voted for the PPP should be joining the PAD, demanding that the government do a better job. They should take some responsibility. The current gov is absolutely pathetic . The quicker they go the better.

Looking at the long - medium term, I am optimistic about Thai politics. I think something positive will eventually emerge from this PAD protest / civil disobedience

(BangkokPost.com) - Core leader of People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) Sondhi Limthongkul called on his supporters living throughout the country to come into Bangkok as quickly as they can and join the anti-government rally at the Government House.

Mr Sondhi called Friday the "judgment day" and that the group would not let anyone to dictate them.

"Today is the judgment day," he said. "We will not let anyone to order us what to do. We will win."

From a Pad leader in exile: “We support the PAD, the end of free expression and double pricing for foreigners. “

Then he added that in Burma he made some very useful contacts and since the “war on drug” was over, he was looking to come back to start some very profitable business.

Problem is man that it was actually Thaksin who had the real contacts with Burma well plus a few generals. Anyway lets get back on topic

PAD just wants this government to resign and own up to their crimes. The PAD is not gonna appoint anybody. They don't wanna control the country. They just want to get rid of crooks who have ailed the country for the last 7 or 8 years or so.

Sometimes it's really laughable how un and il-informed some Anti-PAD crew are.

and replace them with who ?? Pallop ???

Or you really think that power vacum will just wait for free and fair democracy to arrive in Thailand.. Dont be so nieve.

Best we can hope for is the parliamentarians to sort it out themselves in a realignmnment towards center that clams the divides down. A longshot maybe.

It keeps getting lost in rhetoric.

Parlementarians will form a new coalition government,

when the current cabinet and PM are forced to resign.

The elected representatives will still get their say,

but for a completely new steering commitee

This is about cutting off the head of the hydra,

NOT about dismantling the whole government end to end.

Samak and cabinet resign,

the PPP majority then forms a new coalition government,

with different heads of state with in a week or a month.

Very simple and done in many counries

A vote of no confidense from the street to

counter a political machine running things into the ground.

Different heads of state??? Careful now

The PAD are now starting to form at Koh Samui Airport

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Phuket-Airpo...17#entry2176417

phuket airport blocked by about 500 protesters only letting foreigners walk to the airport and the say they are blocking it after 3pm so if you got a flight to catch better get packing quick !

Last I heard was Hadyai airport, Phuket airport as well :o ?

Any chance they can close swampy so I don't have to go to work next week?

Washroom may be busy though with Samak yet again hiding in there.

Abhisit calls for mediation

Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva on Friday urged for a mediation to resolve the confrontation between the People's Alliance for Democracy and the police forces.

Earlier he called for the convening the House-Senate session to debate the issue.

He and about 10 Democrats visited the medical tent near Government House to check on victims beaten by police.

The Nation

Abhisit calls for mediation

Protesters overcome police barriers

At 2.45 pm, protesters broke police barriers on two fronts - at the Royal Plaza and at the Makawan Rangsan Bridge.

Police did not use force to block the crowds.

The Nation

(BangkokPost.com) - Core leader of People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) Sondhi Limthongkul called on his supporters living throughout the country to come into Bangkok as quickly as they can and join the anti-government rally at the Government House.

Mr Sondhi called Friday the "judgment day" and that the group would not let anyone to dictate them.

"Today is the judgment day," he said. "We will not let anyone to order us what to do. We will win."

Half of my wife's immediate family are now en route to Bangkok courtsy of PAD. They have no interest in politics, but the offer of a free bus ride and free food for a week was too good to turn down. I'm sure they will show their face at the rally/occupation site(s), but will basically have a weeks holiday enjoying the city of angels. Thaksin buys votes to get into government. PAD buys supporters for a "popular" uprising. Which is more corrupt? If you want free and fair elections, buy a plane ticket to a country not situated in Asia.

And the chance of getting a cracked skull , maybe even killed for a week's worth of meals and a bus ride?

You are uninformed or lying about your in-laws political interests or they are f*&56 stupid.

I ll believe this when Thaksin crawls on his knees in front of Sondhi.

Edited by Tony Clifton

It's amazing how fast feelings on TV are now changing from sympathy to hate against the PAD. I think it really reflects the evolution of the feelings of the general population in Thailand.

The way it goes, Samak will have to thank the PAD as he will be hailed a hero when he eventually crunches them.

I thought Wednesday was judgement day?

Or is this actually judgement week?

If it lasts until Monday does that make it judgement month?

When did Sondhi get made a judge anyhow?

Interesting that Kuhn Newin went to talk with the boss...

Thaksin forced the Burma 4 billion baht EXIM lbank on on Thai taxpayer's purse

to be paid BACK to Thaksin's company for telecom concessions.

The bank didn't want to do it, because the Burma guys have a

BAD track record of repaiment, but Thaksin will have his share regardless.

Of course he WAS still hidding his control of Shin Corp shares

with the brother in law, and the maid, and the secratary, and the children,

and the driver and some off shore companies... that we know of SO FAR.

No policy corruption there?

The main wild card is if the wrong faction of army steps in because

Kuhn Samak waited too long to exit. If he goes before utter chaos we

get coalition building again. With the wrong generals in charge, well

we know how that goes.

Come'on Kuhn S. go do a Asian cooking show in Hampton Court,

this is the fastest best way to calm the country down.

I thought Wednesday was judgement day?

Or is this actually judgement week?

If it lasts until Monday does that make it judgement month?

When did Sondhi get made a judge anyhow?

Judge and Jury at the moment it would appear. This is coming to a head tonight. If the stories of Newin leaving are true, there may be a mass exodus very soon. let's wait and see.