PAD Lay Siege On Government House, NBT TV Station

george

Supreme Command chief advisor, Senators meet Metropolitan Police chief

The chief advisor of the Supreme Command and some 30 senators met Metropolitan Police chief Pol Lt Gen Asawin Kwanmuang at 3:15 pm Friday to ask police not to use violence against protesters.

The senators included Rosana Tositrakul.

Gen Pathompong Kesornsuk, the chief advisor to the Supreme Command, and the senators asked the Metropolitan police chief to pull out police forces from the Government House as well.

About 200 protesters rallied outside the Metropolitan Police head office while the group met Asawin.

The Nation

The question is where are the government? A statement from the PM or Interior minister is now well overdue

anyway kudos to these people for trying to help resolve a bad situation

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the usual non sense...recall when they claimed that the super rich sondhi is paying everyone......

it is so obvious that these people here have a job to post day and night about the evil PAD and the good things their hero is doing....

Says the guy who continues to make claims that people posting negative about the PAD are getting paid by Thaksin or the PPP out of some office in Hong Kong.

That surely is just as much nonsense as you are accusing this poster off. But of course you have claimed it at least 20 times on this thread alone. Change the record I would say...

So, that picture is not of a child standing in the crowd today.

Thank you. :o

Any pics of funny faces to mock her as well?

No, we don't know. The dates in "properties" are today's.

I did not post the photo of the old chap to mock him -- indeed, I admire his spirit.

Jai yen yen !

PS, I 've saved the pic and it's file name which you forgot to rename. :o

The photo was on a blog from BKK. I will try to remember which.

Why would I rename the photo ?

I checked the date because I was unsure if the photo was current. The dates suggested it was, but possibly it is not. I was not intending to deceive. It remains an interesting image with its won integrity.

I am not really taking sides on this issue; mainly view it as a human drama that reveals much about Thailand. I do feel the PAD are beginning to look silly -- what point in taking over the airports and draining police resources ?

Not taking sides? Why mock an elderly person's looks with absurd pictures and then mislead people into thinking this girl is there at this very moment, photo originally posted without comment.

qwert.jpg

Tony, calm down and look back through the posts. I just posted the photo of the old man, together with an image of the police.

It was later posters who chose to mock him.

I didn't know how to get the details of when the photos were taken, only the info that appears if you first look at properties. So -- old image, same political party. Apologies to anyone who found it misleading; that was not my intent.

Edited by sylviex

I just watched the police beat up a read cross worker and some women without provocation on TV

What is a "read cross worker"?

This government is toast, no matter if you right wing captitalists like it or not LOL

What is a "captitalists" ?

It's too bad the PPP followers can't get together and stage a counter protest. With them actually having a life and having to work for a living it seems they don't have the free time to protest like the fat priviledged PAD.

What does "priviledged" mean ?

oooohhhhh i love it i love it i love it hows that taste joel?

Do you mean "Joe"? OK you got me. But I got you twice. :o

Half of my wife's immediate family are now en route to Bangkok courtsy of PAD. They have no interest in politics, but the offer of a free bus ride and free food for a week was too good to turn down. I'm sure they will show their face at the rally/occupation site(s), but will basically have a weeks holiday enjoying the city of angels. Thaksin buys votes to get into government. PAD buys supporters for a "popular" uprising. Which is more corrupt? If you want free and fair elections, buy a plane ticket to a country not situated in Asia.

I wouldn't lower myself to be seen with the low life PAD mob for a free trip to Hawaii. I can not understand how people that like PAD can agree with an unlawful protest and breaking the law. If they had not broken in the government buildings and taken over NBT and been carrying weapons it would have been a good protest and they would have got their message across. How can the PAD supporters advocate breaking the law?? I am not against the PAD but I could never advocate what they are doing.

Go back and read some post from 2 years ago. This is all about Sonthi and is hatred of all things Thaksin. It has taken this long for the real hatred to shine so viciously that common Thai's can see his true colour. What is interesting is the Thai mob mentality will turn this further into movie scene , Sonthi, Chamlong, and crew will continue their movie star appeal. We know there's a third of the country who voted for the Democrats, there going to be with him all the way, but, where is true Democracy in anything they are doing now.

Not surprising at the Samui pier.

I have NEVER heard ONE good word about Samak from anyone here.

At best he gets a chuckle from some and a shake of the head.

This from up country migrant construction workers, glued to the TV this week too.

to hard working Hotel staff here from across the nation,

to the must wear a suit to work class.

Sheep move away from scary things, these Thais are moving TOWARDS the trouble.

A free ride to Bangkok ain't THAT much of a draw.

Edited by animatic

If some politicain has a political solution to the ever expanding divide in the country now would be a very good time for them to step forward. Pretty soon it wuill be too late. Now is not a time for being stubborn or putting self interest first

sadly....... it'll probably never happen

5,000 police pull out of Government House

Some 5,000 policemen left the Government House compound at 3:30 pm Friday.

They left the compound through Gate 5.

Following their pullout, protesters moved in to occupy the area and searched through it.

The metropolitan police chief, Pol Lt Gen Asawin Kwanmuang, also ordered police outside Government House to return to their bases.

The Nation

A few hundred people in yellow shirts are gathering here at the ferry pier on Samui, getting more every minute. Free ferry/bus rides to Bangkok are offered. PAD has a lot of support down here.

yellow_sheep.jpg

I don't take sides (at least not openly on this forum), just reporting facts. Go on ridiculing the people of your host country if it makes you happy. BTW, are the PAD-sheep really worse than the texas-cows following the bush clan?

do the thai people want democracy or not? i think that the answer is clear. someday perhaps the middle- and upper-class people in this country will be mature enough to accept the results of an election, but they obviously are not up to that level of sophistication yet.

Getting elected does not mean politicians have carte blanche and are free to break the law. People are protesting because the present government is corrupt.

Well the rail strike put it atop CNN Asia's coverage

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/...ests/index.html

Thai rail strike pressures government

* Story Highlights

* Protesters want Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej to resign

* Railway union calls for nationwide suspension of service to support protests

* Samak prevented from getting inside his official residence

* Samak accused of trying to amend the constitution so Thaksin can avoid charges

do the thai people want democracy or not? i think that the answer is clear. someday perhaps the middle- and upper-class people in this country will be mature enough to accept the results of an election, but they obviously are not up to that level of sophistication yet.

Getting elected does not mean politicians have carte blanche and are free to break the law. People are protesting because the present government is corrupt.

As, I am sure, will be the next one...

From the Nation

PM holds urgent meeting with army chief

Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej holds an urgent meeting with chiefs of armed forces including Army Commander in Chief Gen Anupong Paojinda

The meeting was held after police clashed with anti-government protesters near the Government House.

I just watched the police beat up a read cross worker and some women without provocation on TV

What is a "read cross worker"?

This government is toast, no matter if you right wing captitalists like it or not LOL

What is a "captitalists" ?

It's too bad the PPP followers can't get together and stage a counter protest. With them actually having a life and having to work for a living it seems they don't have the free time to protest like the fat priviledged PAD.

What does "priviledged" mean ?

oooohhhhh i love it i love it i love it hows that taste joel?

What does "hows" mean?

Edited by JoeInSurin

* Story Highlights

* Samak accused of trying to amend the constitution so Thaksin can avoid charges

"The leader of the PAD, Sondhi Limthongkul, has told me that the entire political system needs to be changed and says that perhaps Thailand isn't ready for full democracy because of the endemic corruption." Dan Rivers reporting for Cnn...

A few hundred people in yellow shirts are gathering here at the ferry pier on Samui, getting more every minute. Free ferry/bus rides to Bangkok are offered. PAD has a lot of support down here.

yellow_sheep.jpg

I don't take sides (at least not openly on this forum), just reporting facts. Go on ridiculing the people of your host country if it makes you happy. BTW, are the PAD-sheep really worse than the texas-cows following the bush clan?

Ditto.

I had a specific choice to make:

Thinking I was to move from Europe to Texas,

then Thailand suddenly became an option.

2 weeks here and the idea of meeting a Bush conservative

and getting harangued for eastern US roots and time spent in France...

and it was not a hard choice.

Like being a poor Burmese in Thailand

a Yankee in Bush country has a too tough life. Thailand it was.

Calling your hosts sheep is pretty pejorative, no?

15,000 THAI unionists told to strike

The chairwoman of the labour union of Thai Airways International Friday told 15,000 members of the union to strike in retaliation of police's brutality.

Chaemsri Sukchoterat said 15,000 members of the union would stop working immediately to respond to the police's use of force against peaceful protesters.

She said if the government did not stop using force against protesters, all 25,000 Thai workers would be told to stop working.

The Nation

* Story Highlights

"The leader of the PAD, Sondhi Limthongkul, has told me that the entire political system needs to be changed and says that perhaps Thailand isn't ready for full democracy because of the endemic corruption." Dan Rivers reporting for Cnn...

So, just to confirm, he definitely doens't want democratic rights eroded right?

(BangkokPost.com) - Deputy Prime Minister Surapong Suebwonglee said Friday he believes political tension between the government and People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) would ease in one week.

Mr Surapong also reiterated that the government would solve political problem through peaceful means.

He also said that foreign investors understand the problem well, adding that the government is able to show them that it is able to control the situation carefully.

(BangkokPost.com) - Deputy Prime Minister Surapong Suebwonglee said Friday he believes political tension between the government and People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) would ease in one week.

Mr Surapong also reiterated that the government would solve political problem through peaceful means.

He also said that foreign investors understand the problem well, adding that the government is able to show them that it is able to control the situation carefully.

Maybe "judgement day" just became judgement week.

15,000 THAI unionists told to strike

The chairwoman of the labour union of Thai Airways International Friday told 15,000 members of the union to strike in retaliation of police's brutality.

Chaemsri Sukchoterat said 15,000 members of the union would stop working immediately to respond to the police's use of force against peaceful protesters.

She said if the government did not stop using force against protesters, all 25,000 Thai workers would be told to stop working.

The Nation

This is very bad news. However, I do not see how she can order workers to stop - ask, maybe...