PAD Lay Siege On Government House, NBT TV Station

george

Here is my song for Samak and his henchmen...not original, but it will have to do

NANANANA NANANANA HEYYEYEY GOOOODBYE

Power to the People

No Justice no Peace...Samak out of Thailand please

Thank you to all my Union Brothers for helping in this struggle against a totally corrupt government

The only thing worse than PAD is labor unions. :o

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15,000 THAI unionists told to strike

The chairwoman of the labour union of Thai Airways International Friday told 15,000 members of the union to strike in retaliation of police's brutality.

Chaemsri Sukchoterat said 15,000 members of the union would stop working immediately to respond to the police's use of force against peaceful protesters.

She said if the government did not stop using force against protesters, all 25,000 Thai workers would be told to stop working.

The Nation

The only Unions with any strength represent workers for government and former government enterprises. They have huge pension funds that own a large share of companies, land, and etcetera. That’s where their power lies and as I said before PAD is against privatization also.

How ironic that the unions (who are supposed to represent the workers) are supporting the agenda of the elite ruling class. I wonder who controls the unions?

Here is my song for Samak and his henchmen...not original, but it will have to do

NANANANA NANANANA HEYYEYEY GOOOODBYE

Power to the People

No Justice no Peace...Samak out of Thailand please

Thank you to all my Union Brothers for helping in this struggle against a totally corrupt government

The only thing worse than PAD is labor unions. :o

labor unions are worst than anything else.....

Thai protests force Phuket airport to close

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Anti-government protests spreading across Thailand forced the airport in Phuket, a major tourist destination in the south, to close on Friday, Thai Airways said.

"Flights have been suspended because the airport authorities have announced that the airport is closed," a Thai Airways spokeswoman told Reuters.

Yeah, bit of a problem that. I have some hope (not much) that the courts are now going to start putting corrupt politicians behind bars, thanks to a few polite reminders about Judicial Duties from HM. If enough politicians start doing time for breaking the law then maybe the system will slowly will start to improve.

There was no previous time a well connected person in this country, politician or not, had ever to be afraid of any wrongdoings!

This period of influential figures with a self issued "Carte Blanche" at will and at random, seems to have found an end or is going to find an end!

Nothing will be achieved in a couple of hour, days or weeks, but the watchdog out there on the streets keeps things ON THE TABLE and not as usual disappeared somewhere under the carpet to be whitewashed....

And hey, do "they" do allow this to happen... it's like financial suicide the giving up of the magic wand that allowed and made everything possible!

If Thailand want to go ahead this issue has to be solved...slow but sure!

EGAT=SCUM=PAD

This just about sums up your level of mental sophistication and understanding of the situation from Day 1. Impressive sunshine. :o

Cannot expect too much mental sophistication from people who actually believe that Samak's government is good. That's why you see mainly educated people opposing his corrupt government.

Anyways guys, just have a few more beers at the country club and I'm sure intelligence will follow (or maybe not ;-)

Either way, if you like it or not, this corrupt government is about to fall...thank God for that!

The chairwoman of the labour union of Thai Airways International Friday told 15,000 members of the union to strike in retaliation of police's brutality.

Chaemsri Sukchoterat said 15,000 members of the union would stop working immediately to respond to the police's use of force against peaceful protesters.

She said if the government did not stop using force against protesters, all 25,000 Thai workers would be told to stop working.

The Nation

The only Unions with any strength represent workers for government and former government enterprises. They have huge pension funds that own a large share of companies, land, and etcetera. That’s where their power lies and as I said before PAD is against privatization also.

How ironic that the unions (who are supposed to represent the workers) are supporting the agenda of the elite ruling class. I wonder who controls the unions?

Some here are so niave they border on the edge of stupidity in some of their thinking and comments. The first rule in causing hardship to a government - whether a union or an interest group is to remove your services, ie, water - power - trains - airlines etc,. This is irrespective of whether you are in agreement or not. This style of persuasion is used world wide and is not just confined to Thailand.

The PR value of the picture of the policeman pointing a rifle at a protestor at point blank range is very high

Indeed it is...

Imageaspx333-1.jpg

The rifle is behind the persons head as you can see. The person is looking at the barrel from the side as it is pointed at something behind him. Nice try. :o

Looks like the stakes are being raised considerably. Time to declare a state of emergency and call the army in to handle the situation. Of course that could be a huge gamble for Samak as no one knows which way they would jump. They could disperse the protesters and restore the country to order, or they could join with the protesters and turn against the elected government. Ultimately, the future of democracy in Thailand is in the hands of those who control the army.

The PR value of the picture of the policeman pointing a rifle at a protestor at point blank range is very high

Indeed it is...

Imageaspx333-1.jpg

The rifle is behind the persons head as you can see. The person is looking at the barrel from the side as it is pointed at something behind him. Nice try. :o

Irrespective of what is going on - WHY is the fire-arm shouldered?

Looks like the stakes are being raised considerably. Time to declare a state of emergency and call the army in to handle the situation. Of course that could be a huge gamble for Samak as no one knows which way they would jump. They could disperse the protesters and restore the country to order, or they could join with the protesters and turn against the elected government. Ultimately, the future of democracy in Thailand is in the hands of those who control the army.

Gen. Anupong has said now is not a time for a state of emrgency. It should be solved by the two sides talking. He also said the police were capable of maintaining order

An interesting statement. I would guess Anupong did not agree wit Samak's decision to send in the police which according to the metropolitan police chief sidestepped his authority too.

Maybe Anupong doesnt know if he really controls the troops. Maybe he is just playing his own game. Maybe he is fianally hanging Samak out to dry. My own opinion is that Samak has flipped so many times that now is the time to deliver on the much talked about politcal deal. Anupong is not going to go down with Samak if he is playing the wrong side. Intersting to say the police can maintain oreder when clearly they cant remove the demonstrators. It implies that the army are happy to see the police just stand around as demos go on. This level of confrontation cant go on for much longer though. Something has to give.

Indeed it is...

Imageaspx333-1.jpg

Irrespective of what is going on - WHY is the fire-arm shouldered?

I would think that going face to face with a possible violent situation one would probably be trained to be ready to react and not have their gun down where someone could grab it.

Anyone know where if there is a demonstration in Chiang Mai, or where we can start one? I have my yellow shirt on and I'm ready to go

Why ?

Because I have been living in Thailand for 7 years now, my wife and child is and our family is Thai and I want to be part of the solution as I see it. I want to help stamp out some of the corruption.

http://wwitv.com/portal.htm?http://wwitv.c...nnels/b2973.htm

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that none of us is going to change anyone's mind here, but I have continued to post here and other places, to let people know where the can access 24 hour coverage from the Government house site. (Yes, it is mostly Pro PAD, but the rest of the TV stations seem to Echo mostly Government Propaganda.

I want to go demonstrate, to show my support. Some people live on their knees, I'm not one of them. I have been standing with social justice causes and against war all my life and I am not about to stop now ;-) After all, since I shave every day or two, I do have to look at myself in the mirror and I coudn't do that, if I didn't feel that I was doing what was right every day.

Signing off now and going out looking for a demonstration here

The Nation

Some here are so niave they border on the edge of stupidity in some of their thinking and comments. The first rule in causing hardship to a government - whether a union or an interest group is to remove your services, ie, water - power - trains - airlines etc,. This is irrespective of whether you are in agreement or not. This style of persuasion is used world wide and is not just confined to Thailand.

Yes. Strikes are not confined to Thailand. However, when a union or unions call a strike with the express sole purpose of toppling and elected government and inciting a military coup, it puts a different complexion on the comparison.

Indeed it is...

Imageaspx333-1.jpg

The rifle is there in the picture in the first place and I highly doubt the safety is on. There's no defending it by any stretch of the imagination.

PS, I 've saved the pic and it's file name which you forgot to rename. :o

The photo was on a blog from BKK. I will try to remember which.

Why would I rename the photo ?

I checked the date because I was unsure if the photo was current. The dates suggested it was, but possibly it is not. I was not intending to deceive. It remains an interesting image with its own integrity.

I am not really taking sides on this issue; mainly view it as a human drama that reveals much about Thailand. I do feel the PAD are beginning to look silly -- what point in taking over the airports and draining police resources ?

Puts more presure on Samak :D

The Nation

Normally when unions strike, it is with a very specific goal in mind- not to simply get rid of the government. (Noteable exception was France in 68- where there was a loose coalition of unions and communists and students- (I don't recall though that the state unions joined the protests). That effort cost France big time- but did succeed in forcing De Gaulle to call a referendum- which he lost, prompting his retirement. I'm not sure France benefited, given the costs.

The unions striking here- correct me if I'm wrong- are state unions- hence the workers are employed directly by the civil service. And it's no secret that the civil service is opposed to the PPP government. So for the unions to tow the 'party line' in Thailand- shouldn't be that big a surprise.

Question to Younghusband and some other PAD-critics/sceptics who have written the movement off umpteen times in the last 6 months, describing them as "marginalised" and a spent force. Now the PAD has held Government House for 3 days and basically paralysed this utterly corrup govt, while Thai Airways, SRT and other unions are coming out in favour of PAD , are you prepared to reassess your position?

Yes, it is time to reassess our position in light of recent events. I would say that our previous assessment that PAD members were primarily made up of scum with a smidgeon of naive fools thrown in was, looking back on things, far to generous. They are far worse!

i couldn't have said that any better!

Firm as a rock! The more that I read about PAD and its leaders, the more I loathe them and everything they stand for. Their record of corruption, their criminality, their endless lies get right up my nose. Wow, Thaksin was no angel, in many ways he was a fool, but his dirty deeds were nothing compared to those of PAD's leaders, and that's before we look at the self-proclaimed extra-judicial killer and bloody murderer Pallop! I would ask Plachon if he approves of Pallop as PAD's new leader?

As for SRT and Thai Airways, well both are riddled from top to bottom with cronyism, graft, incompetence, you name it. Both are so badly managed that they loose billions each year. Last thing they want is the threat of privatisation. Stick with PAD and the old-guard crooks, much safer for them!

Not surprising at the Samui pier.

I have NEVER heard ONE good word about Samak from anyone here.

At best he gets a chuckle from some and a shake of the head.

An announcement on the PAD stage to consider trying take control of Samui's police station was answered by the Samui PAD

Rep. who took to the stage to announce it wasn't necessary....

as the police in Samui already backed PAD.