Visitor Visa To Uk For Thai Boyfriend

Hi can someone please help me. Will be applying for UK Visitor Visa for my Thai boyfriend to come for 3 weeks holiday. He doesn't own any property but we got his Mum to change the House Registration documents into his name. Is this proof enough that he owns his own home. I will be fully sponsoring his trip and his stay in the UK. Is there anything else I should be aware of.

Thanks for your help. :o

Has he got proof of a weekly/monthly income youngsue and can he get letters from his employer and any other proof he will be going back to thailand.Maybe the paperwork re. property will have the exchange date and not admissable.

good luck anyway,it sounds weird for a farang lady doing this when many farang guys get hammered on here for taking their loved one back for holiday.The normal one is if farang pay then thai no good and work bar etc etc,

all the best

I took my Thai boyfriend back to England on holiday last April. He doesn't own property but we got a letter from his employer confirming his wage and what day he would return to work. I also got letters from my parents and sister in England to confirm we were visiting and would be staying with them. We didn't have any proof of the length of relationship so I added some photos taken at different times throughout the previous year. As I was paying for his trip I put in my bank statements too.

We got the visa really easily and the only hassle was at Heathrow immigration as he doesn't speak English and couldn't understand the questions. The immigration guy asked me some really inappropriate questions implying he was a prostitute - not what I expected as we already had the visa. I'd suggest keeping all the supporting documents on you just in case you have the same problem.

Has he got proof of a weekly/monthly income youngsue and can he get letters from his employer and any other proof he will be going back to thailand.Maybe the paperwork re. property will have the exchange date and not admissable.

good luck anyway,it sounds weird for a farang lady doing this when many farang guys get hammered on here for taking their loved one back for holiday.The normal one is if farang pay then thai no good and work bar etc etc,

all the best

No he doesn't have proof of income. He gets paid little cash for working in a bar in Krabi. His boss gives him free food and accommodation and he gets to keep his tips. His boss said he would do a letter for him that he will keep his job until he returns. My boyfriend didn't ask to come to UK I invited him, but at the time 9 months ago I didn't realise how hard it would be. I have been out there 3 times in the past 6 months and we took a holiday together to Malaysia. I'm moving to Thailand in December to do a TEFL course and stay there for up to 2 years, that's why I invited him to come now. I have my own home and lots of savings plus I'm in a good job/ I would have thought being a good sponsor would help him get the visa. We also have proof of our relationship over the past 9 months.

As long as your boyfriend has a decent enough job, a letter from his employer giving him permission for a holiday and guaranteeing that he will have still have his job, should be a good enough reason to return (it was for my girlfriends visas)

He works in a bar so not classified as a good job, but his employer will do him a letter. How long have you known your girlfriend before applying for visa? Was it a tourist visa?

I took my Thai boyfriend back to England on holiday last April. He doesn't own property but we got a letter from his employer confirming his wage and what day he would return to work. I also got letters from my parents and sister in England to confirm we were visiting and would be staying with them. We didn't have any proof of the length of relationship so I added some photos taken at different times throughout the previous year. As I was paying for his trip I put in my bank statements too.

We got the visa really easily and the only hassle was at Heathrow immigration as he doesn't speak English and couldn't understand the questions. The immigration guy asked me some really inappropriate questions implying he was a prostitute - not what I expected as we already had the visa. I'd suggest keeping all the supporting documents on you just in case you have the same problem.

Hi, thanks for that, makes me feel a whole lot better as most people (on other websites) have said I haven't a hope in hel_l.

Did your boyfriend supply pay slips and tax receipts as proof of his employment or was that all in the Employers letter? What job does he do? Mine works in a bar so might not be good for him. I've got proof of our relationship so will be showing them phone bills etc. Yes I have all the documentation as I will fully sponsor him. Just haven't got a letter from my parents inviting him. But will do.

Immigration may assume that working in the bar constitutes the same as a bar girl.I am glad i live in thailand and dont have to walk the gauntlet like some of the posters do,as the onlt good way is to pay a company but for 3 weeks its not worth it.

anyway hope you are lucky.

My boyfriend is a restaurant manager so similar to yours. He didn't have any pay slips so we just gave them the letter from his employer confirming his pay, job and return date. I actually think it might be easier if it's a Thai guy with an English woman as it's not as common.

My boyfriend is a restaurant manager so similar to yours. He didn't have any pay slips so we just gave them the letter from his employer confirming his pay, job and return date. I actually think it might be easier if it's a Thai guy with an English woman as it's not as common.

I'm a Canadian, but my Thai husband who was my Thai bf the 2x we went to Canada received 2 tourist visas. He did not own any property, he had a letter from his boss but he only made 180 baht a day and the boss stated that. We also had a million other things, but honestly(pm me for more details if ya like), I think the problem you will encounter is that you do not live in Thailand. Im not sure about Devona but I live here and could prove through my work visa, letter from my school etc that I had to return. What you need to show is evidence that he will 100% return to Thailand. Maybe if you could show that you have to be back in Thailand in December then this would help you.

Good luck! :o

It seems that the uk is getting more difficult to get holiday and settlement visas,which is a good thing realy.We all complain about how easy it is to go to the uk if you arent white then some of us take thais home lol.Looks like it will get harder and harder to leave thailand with a thai now.

As a previous poster mentioned, that the land document has only recently been put in your boyfriend's name might strike the visa officer as being a means to an end; i.e. the transfer has only been made for the purposes of bolstering his visa application. Furthermore, if he gets a letter from his employer, this should stipulate how long he has worked there, what job he does, how much he is paid, and the date upon which he is expected to resume work. Such a letter can be a double-edged sword as if it strikes the visa officer that the job is of a casual nature, he may draw a negative inference from that.

What you really need is evidence of your relationship which covers its entire duration and, if possible, any documentation which shows that you do intend to travel out to Thailand next year in order to take a TEFL course.

Scouse.

As a previous poster mentioned, that the land document has only recently been put in your boyfriend's name might strike the visa officer as being a means to an end; i.e. the transfer has only been made for the purposes of bolstering his visa application. Furthermore, if he gets a letter from his employer, this should stipulate how long he has worked there, what job he does, how much he is paid, and the date upon which he is expected to resume work. Such a letter can be a double-edged sword as if it strikes the visa officer that the job is of a casual nature, he may draw a negative inference from that.

What you really need is evidence of your relationship which covers its entire duration and, if possible, any documentation which shows that you do intend to travel out to Thailand next year in order to take a TEFL course.

Scouse.

So I guess it's best not to show the House Registration documents and just go with the letter from employer. Yes I have evidence of our relationship from the past 9 months. Thanks for your help and advice.

We all complain about how easy it is to go to the uk if you arent white then some of us take thais home lol.Looks like it will get harder and harder to leave thailand with a thai now.

What's with the "we"? Speak for yourself why don't you.

Hi, my boyfriend came to england with me last year and we are going back again in two weeks. I havnt had any problems with getting the visas - i think this is due to over-preparation! Here is a list of everything i put in with the application:

Letter from my mother (inviting to stay and sponsoring him)

Copy of my mothers passport

letter from her job stating how long she has been there

6 months bank statements (mothers)

Any other savings or income of hers

Birth certificate copy

Photo of her house in which we will stay

Letter from my boyfriend (written by me!) stating why he wants to come to england and background of our relationship

Copy ID card

Letter from his job stating how long he has been there, what he earns and how long he has been allowed off for the holiday (he works in a restaurant in a beach resort)

Copy Birth certificate

Passport copy

Bank statements (not needed but just to show he has money going in sometimes)

Tabinbaan (house documents)

Letter from me stating background of our relationship and why i want him to come over (and how i support myself in thailand)

Copy of my passport and all thailand visa stamps (have been living here on tourist visas for 3 years)

Proof of our relationship - Phone bills from home, mobile bills, photos, letters sent to eachother etc

I reserve flights through the flight centre in england and they give you a printed itinery without having to pay for the tickets before knowing if youve got the visa or not! So i put the itinery in to show what dates we are intending to fly

Completed VAF1 and fee

So all of that goes in to a folder in separate plastic pockets so it is easy for whoever looks at it to understand and go through it. Quite a big project all in all, takes me a month or so to get all the paperwork together but like i said, i have been granted the visa both times 3 days after handing in the application, with no interview required! Hope that can help you, even if our situations are a bit different :o

x

except rixalex?????

Stay happy in bk mate.

You are the united voice of everyone on the planet bar me?! Well if that's the case i apologise from taking you away from what must be a full time job. Keep up the good work - everyone (bar me) depends on you!

Hi, my boyfriend came to england with me last year and we are going back again in two weeks. I havnt had any problems with getting the visas - i think this is due to over-preparation! Here is a list of everything i put in with the application:

Letter from my mother (inviting to stay and sponsoring him)

Copy of my mothers passport

letter from her job stating how long she has been there

6 months bank statements (mothers)

Any other savings or income of hers

Birth certificate copy

Photo of her house in which we will stay

Letter from my boyfriend (written by me!) stating why he wants to come to england and background of our relationship

Copy ID card

Letter from his job stating how long he has been there, what he earns and how long he has been allowed off for the holiday (he works in a restaurant in a beach resort)

Copy Birth certificate

Passport copy

Bank statements (not needed but just to show he has money going in sometimes)

Tabinbaan (house documents)

Letter from me stating background of our relationship and why i want him to come over (and how i support myself in thailand)

Copy of my passport and all thailand visa stamps (have been living here on tourist visas for 3 years)

Proof of our relationship - Phone bills from home, mobile bills, photos, letters sent to eachother etc

I reserve flights through the flight centre in england and they give you a printed itinery without having to pay for the tickets before knowing if youve got the visa or not! So i put the itinery in to show what dates we are intending to fly

Completed VAF1 and fee

So all of that goes in to a folder in separate plastic pockets so it is easy for whoever looks at it to understand and go through it. Quite a big project all in all, takes me a month or so to get all the paperwork together but like i said, i have been granted the visa both times 3 days after handing in the application, with no interview required! Hope that can help you, even if our situations are a bit different :o

x

Hi there, my boyfriend from Krabi will be joining me in the UK soon too (2nd time). The visa is pretty stressful, but I paid heed on the advice given to me by many friends of mine (with Thai boyfriends) who weren't granted visas. The most important factor is to prove that there is a reason for your boyfriend to come to Thailand and that his trip is being funded. The other thing is that make sure your provide everthing they request - if you don't, the applicaiton will be rejected. There's a lot of red tape and you not cut-through it without fully completing the forms & providing ALL the supporting documents

I got a visa easily for my bf (now hubby!) with a similar list of documents...

Passport copies etc.

6 months of my bank statements (I was his sponsor)

Letter from our landlord and a copy of our rental agreement.

Letter from his work saying they would hold his job open. (He's a poorly paid tour guide with no wageslips.)

Letters from all of the friends and family we would be staying with, confirming their address and that they would support us if necessary.

Letters from friends in Thailand and the UK stating that we had a genuine relationship.

4 pages of photos (wit dates) recording our relationship.

Copies of letters, emails and postcards sent while we were apart.

A copy of the medical insurance policy we would take out to cover any illness while in the UK.

A 3 page letter from me to tie all of the back up documents together stating quite clearly my intention to return to live with him in Thailand after the UK trip.

It did take over a month to collate the documents but it was better to be thorough than have the application rejected on the basis of incomplete documents.

This was about 2 years ago though, and I've heard that it's getting harder. A friend told me that all applicants are being interviewed now. I'm not sure if this is true...

Good luck with your endeavour and don't forget to dot the Is and cross the Ts!

MCL

Edited by Mad Cat Lady

It did take over a month to collate the documents but it was better to be thorough than have the application rejected on the basis of incomplete documents.

Spot on.

A friend told me that all applicants are being interviewed now. I'm not sure if this is true...

It isn't, and with nearly 30,000 visa applications per year to the Bangkok embassy alone it would be impossible!