Best Pizza In Pattaya?

hendrix

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why some pizza are good?

because pizzaloio doesn't clean his hand.

At NY Pizza House I've seen them take a dirty floor mop and clean the pizza oven between pizzas, but I still order from them.

My soon-to-be ThaiVisa Epitaph: "The Guy that Started MopGate with a Pao"

why some pizza are good?

because pizzaloio doesn't clean his hand.

At NY Pizza House I've seen them take a dirty floor mop and clean the pizza oven between pizzas, but I still order from them.

My soon-to-be ThaiVisa Epitaph: "The Guy that Started MopGate with a Pao"

Don't stress. It all comes out in the rinse!

Just to be clear: The oven mop is NOT the same mop we use to clean the floors with, you're right, that would be disgusting. As was posted previously, I do eat there also and we employ the same sanitary procedures there as here in the US. Unfortunately, a real deck mop used to clean the ovens is nearly impossible to find in Thailand. Therefore, we have to fabricate our own mop from materials that are available locally, which may explain the visual confusion (aside from it being a mop, in a bucket, on the floor.) An oven mop is used to clean out the fine burnt material after making a pizza, which will make it look "dirty." In addition to NOT using it to clean the floor, we also sanitize our mop daily with a diluted bleach solution, then any bleach residue is rinsed out with hot water.

This is not the first time the oven mop has been questioned, it even happens here in the US. I have been reported to the health department for using the mop to take pizzas out of the oven. There are always people who jump to conclusions, rather than ask about their concerns, which would clear up any misunderstandings before slanderous rumors get out of hand.

Welcome to WPFflags.gif

Now a food comment on New York Pizza House. I ordered the extra thick crust for the first time hoping it would taste like a Chicago style pizza. Well, it didn't. It basically wasn't so great but certainly overfills the stomach! I have always liked the default medium crust there as I get plenty of thin crusts at Italian style places. Another caveat, on a delivery order the pizza had plenty of one ingredient and almost nothing of the other. Paid for two toppings, really got one. I can't say I got NONE of the second item but the management might want to call people back who have made such orders rather than fill it so poorly and still expect money for the full order (which I paid without even looking at the pizza). Clearly they had run out. Just saying ...

Edited by Jingthing

I ordered a thick crust large pizza with extra cheese from NY, disappointed with amount of cheese given, and very doughy base, Also tried pizza 2000 in view talay one very dissapointing. angry.png

La Bocca head and shoulders above these two imho clap2.gif

I ordered a thick crust large pizza with extra cheese from NY, disappointed with amount of cheese given, and very doughy base, Also tried pizza 2000 in view talay one very dissapointing. angry.png

Yes, by all means do NOT order the extra thick crust from there! The dough was just not cooked properly and/or there just something about their dough that doesn't work with a thick crust. I suppose it's OK if you base quality on VOLUME of dough.

BTW, the New York place doesn't claim to serve New York CITY style pizza. They are from UPSTATE New York. Not the same style. If you haven't, try their PONZONES.

La Bocca is real Italian style. I think a different category from American style pizza.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes, by all means do NOT order the extra thick crust from there! The dough was just not cooked properly and/or there just something about their dough that doesn't work with a thick crust. I suppose it's OK if you base quality on VOLUME of dough.

BTW, the New York place doesn't claim to serve New York CITY style pizza. They are from UPSTATE New York. Not the same style. If you haven't, try their PONZONES.

La Bocca is real Italian style. I think a different category from American style pizza.

What'a a PONZONES?

What'a a PONZONES?

Something original NYPH does. Kind of like a morph of calzone/sub sandwich/Italian burrito.

Try one of Our Homemade PONZONE 1. Meatballs Ponzone .……..…฿199

Meatballs, Fried Sweet Peppers & Onions and Mozzarella Cheese, Rolled Into a Flat Bread Covered With Sauce and Mozzarella , Then Baked.

2. Sausages Ponzone ……….…..฿199

Sausage , Fried Sweet Peppers & Onions and Mozzarella Cheese, Rolled Into a Flat Bread. Covered With Sauce and Mozzarella , Then Baked.

Edited by Jingthing

Thanks JT. I know what I'm ordering tonight.

Its a lot better in the shop than delivered. Suggest the meatball one. Some have mentioned there isn't enough red sauce on top (think wet burrito). I think you can ask for some extra sauce with no charge, but don't quote me. coffee1.gif

Thanks JT. I know what I'm ordering tonight.

Its a lot better in the shop than delivered. Suggest the meatball one. Some have mentioned there isn't enough red sauce on top (think wet burrito). I think you can ask for some extra sauce with no charge, but don't quote me. coffee1.gif

I just had the meatball one delivered. It was both tasty and filling.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There is an Italian restaurant serving pizza on the small Soi beside Foodland (not sure of the restaurant name), has anyone tried this place?

Could this be Valentinos?

If so, I`ve never been but fancy trying it so would also appreciate opinion from anyone that has been.

^yes it is...... I have tried to plug Valentinos a couple of times on here. Lovely Pizzas and great value. Margherita is the cheapest at B180. The rest of the menu is good also. You can eat in or take away.

Edited by DMC1
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

That's one thing my wife and I noticed since we've moved to Thailand. Why is it that the meat is cooked on street carts and restaurants, along with the pizza and everything else we seem to order undercooked. Is it "Thai style" to eat things that are undercooked?

Zook souk

Well done

Crispy

Please

Like last time this discussion came around, I think the best pizza in Pattaya is from Dao's cafe on the Dark Side.

Where is this place? I have never heard of it but will give it a try and report my opinion.

I have had some decent pizzas and a couple of average ones at Le Mars in Jom on the beach about Soi 16 ish.

Edited by PTG

Like last time this discussion came around, I think the best pizza in Pattaya is from Dao's cafe on the Dark Side.

Where is this place? I have never heard of it but will give it a try and report my opinion.

I have had some decent pizzas and a couple of average ones at Le Mars in Jom on the beach about Soi 16 ish.

Dao Cafe has changed owner since that 2008 post and is no longer on my list of preferred pizza places, but it's still there between Soi Neunplabwan and Soi Kao Noi (Soi 4/2 from BPW, Soi 3/1 from SKN).