Visa Runs From Phuket

hendrix

Mini Bus or hire car to Ranong, then boat over to Burmah. For visa exit/entry stamp

Hire car to Hat Yai, then cross Malaysai Border. For entry/exit visa

Mini Bus to Penang. For new visa & entry/exit stamp

Fly to KL, Malaysia. For new visa & entry/exit stamp

Fly to Singapore. For new visa & exit/entry stamp

Those are the 5 easiest from Phuket Island. All other option go north through Bangkok into neighbouring countries.

Edited by LivinginKata

Ranong, andaman club.. about 2 - 3k depending on fuel use, 3 - 4 hours each way.

Air Asia to KL and back.. Can be done same day.

Tiger to Sing, used to be able to use tiger and Jetstar for out and back same day.

Check to see if silk have any flight + hotel packages, often have a 2 night package for under 10k and you can have a city break.. I must be one f the odd people who enjoys a break in Sing from the Thainess sometimes.

someone i know told me to use EVE visa run(google it)

it was less than 3k to goto andaman club.. in a very nice and confy minibus...

he gave a card also for 1hour foot massage at eve massage and u get juice+sandwich and other craps before the trip in the bus...

it sure as hel_l beats my last visa run to laos on a <deleted> train with no food for 12hours then walking down in the freezing morning to get a visa to laos

Flying isn't cheap. Here is the flight schedule/fees without taxes from Phuket to KL and Singapore.

A buddy just went air asia there and back in a day for 4 or 5k.. No idea how far ahead he prebooked.

2 international flights for 150 ish USD.. And that 'aint cheap' ??

I was just looking at going to KL on Air Asia in a coupe of weeks and it was around 4500 with all taxes. Seems reasonable to me.

I agree. It's not expensive but only in comparison with the 1700 baht visa run offers here in Pattaya which includes lunch. There and back in a few hours.

I agree. It's not expensive but only in comparison with the 1700 baht visa run offers here in Pattaya which includes lunch. There and back in a few hours.
If you compare it to the 1,000 Baht visa runs to Ranong the 1700 Baht from Pattaya are expensive. And Ranong is a full day (also including lunch).

If you compare it to the 1,000 Baht visa runs to Ranong the 1700 Baht from Pattaya are expensive. And Ranong is a full day (also including lunch).

And what 1000 baht visa runs would those be ?? Not seen them for years.

With Myanmar now wanting 10 USD (of thier own 500 baht color coded notes) I cant even get over on a return long tail shared with people for less than 600 or 700 baht.. The big boat service is 750.. The andaman pier (by far the best, dont even consider elsewhere) is 850 ??

The Andaman club visa run is what 2300 ??

I have not been on a visarun for years, but does F1 not still charge 1,000 Baht?

But even so, a price comparison of a 1/2 day visarun by bus with a trip of a few days including 2 flights is a strange comparison.

I just booked air asia to KL.. You can go out in morning and back 2 hours later.. No overnight..

Often nice to get a break away sometimes, take the missus to Sing or KL for a couple days, but this is just a functional trip and for this one the land borders are not possible this time.

Edited by LivinLOS

eve was 1900 baht.. last a long 6.5 hours with a nice lunch..

u get around 30mins to waste in the blackjack slot machines... mucho fun

and the driver listens to real american 70's rock..

only problem i had was the 3 fat germans needing help to stand up and walk and breathing heavly talking about their bar girls and wearing those gold king necklace and that's not eve's fault

i rarely say good things about anything related to forced traveling

I have not been on a visarun for years, but does F1 not still charge 1,000 Baht?

But even so, a price comparison of a 1/2 day visarun by bus with a trip of a few days including 2 flights is a strange comparison.

Last I heard this was the fee to go & come back, though you still have to pay 500 Bt for the visa stamp in Burma (which is only US$10 to Burma Imm. if you do the trip yourself)

It is possible to do the trip on public buses there and back and sort out your own long-tail boat ride (which isn't difficult) and I have even heard of the odd person riding their Honda Dream there & back (Remember I did say odd person)

Having done the trip many times I now drive myself and leave North Phuket at about 4:30 am, get to Ranong about 8:00 ish and back home in Phuket about 1:30 all done and dusted for about 1000 Bt gasoline, 200 - 400 Bt for L/T Boat (depending on whether you share the boat or not) and $10 American for Burma Imm. Thus you can stop when you want, smoke when you want, play Twisted Sister at Max decibels or whistle "It's a Long Way to Tipperary" if your heart so desires.

If this and the above info is not enough for you please consult the advertising section of any copy of the Phuket Gazette, where several "Visa Run" companies advertise their wares.

Cheers & Have A Pleasant Journey & Don't forget to write a report on your journey, we shall expect to see a copy (in triplicate) in our offices no later than 9:00 am on the day following your trip.

:o

Last I heard this was the fee to go & come back, though you still have to pay 500 Bt for the visa stamp in Burma (which is only US$10 to Burma Imm. if you do the trip yourself)

You ever tried to just pass off a 10 USD note ?? I did once, first not (normal used not) no cannot its old.. Second note which was in perfectly clean condition just minor center crease.. no cannot.. They seem to have some scene going where the ones they like are both perfectly flat and I think marked with a yellow marker, hence they can ask 500 for them.

Learnt my lesson.. Pay the price and have it easy.

It is possible to do the trip on public buses there and back and sort out your own long-tail boat ride (which isn't difficult) and I have even heard of the odd person riding their Honda Dream there & back (Remember I did say odd person)

Having done the trip many times I now drive myself and leave North Phuket at about 4:30 am, get to Ranong about 8:00 ish and back home in Phuket about 1:30 all done and dusted for about 1000 Bt gasoline, 200 - 400 Bt for L/T Boat (depending on whether you share the boat or not) and $10 American for Burma Imm. Thus you can stop when you want, smoke when you want, play Twisted Sister at Max decibels or whistle "It's a Long Way to Tipperary" if your heart so desires.

I drive myself too but 1000 baht round trip of 600 kms ?? You must be driving a hybrid.

Costs me a min of 2k in fuel for a little hatchback and 850 for the andaman boat.. Not far off flying and takes loads longer.