Bus Scam On Way To Pattaya.

thaibeachlovers

I think the OP has got a version of the same story I heard about vis-a-vis visa trips to cambodia.

Correct .Buses back to Pattaya from visa runs to Cambodia get stopped a couple of miles back from the border .They search especially for tobacco .People who are found to have too much are taken off the bus and taken away to where they have to pay a large fine .

I think the OP has got a version of the same story I heard about vis-a-vis visa trips to cambodia.

Correct .Buses back to Pattaya from visa runs to Cambodia get stopped a couple of miles back from the border .They search especially for tobacco .People who are found to have too much are taken off the bus and taken away to where they have to pay a large fine .

Ahh....yet another reason why I shouldn't start smoking.

I love posts like this. This is the stuff urban legends are made of.

That makes more sense Arfur.

That makes more sense Arfur.

Just realised my last post was 555

Do i get a free paceket of 555 fags?

I asked the person who told me of his experience, and he said it was a big bus from Ekamai, and that they were searched before leaving Ekamai Bus Station by the Bangkok police.

I never heard of such before, but he seems quite genuine.

Probably tipped off about someone transporting something they should have been to Pattaya, class.

I was talking to a guy in the hotel who told me that his bus had been stopped by the police, on the way to Pattaya, and all single farangs taken off, luggage searched, and then fitted up for bribes.

Anyone else had this experience?

This has never happened to me.

Ling