Chrome Plating For Engine Parts , In Bangkok ?

pauls2979

Most motorcycle shops have a plater that they use regularly. That would likely be the quickest and easiest way but I'm sure there are custom car shops who also offer the service.

Edited by Gary A

Cool. If you cut a hole in your bonnet and fitted a glass window you'd be able to look at it as you drive along

I have a buddy who bought a shaker hood for his mustang, and instead of installing a shaker, he put in a plexiglass window. The window is right over top his Kennebell roots blower :drool:

Cool. If you cut a hole in your bonnet and fitted a glass window you'd be able to look at it as you drive along

Ok, so sarcasm in written form can be difficult to spot

no i did spot it , needs to be a bit more funny though, :o

even funnier is the fact that people do as you say and have a see thought bonnet,but not for me , i like old school sleeper,

roughly translated that means , looks standard , but gos like a bat out of hel_l ,

my car is a 26 year old merc s class , but with toyota twin turbo engine and gear box 400bhp under the bonnet , :D o mummy

post-65468-1220513082_thumb.jpg

go to bangna trat, chon khong, they have a place that does the chroming for engines, imparticular 2jz

ooh , now this sounds interesting ,

any chance of a phone number, or address :o

Bangna Trad. Kilo 12. Go past it & get the u turn bridge. You go back in there & you will find 100's of shops selling salvaged parts.

ergo no phone number. Better take a Thai with you to ask directions.

My ear hears Chaing Kong. So ask for that.

Do you mind telling how much the engine and gearbox cost you? Was it rebuilt, and how long ago did you drop it in. Any problems with the conversion? You picked the top powerplant for that conversion.

hi keenapoot

i bought the car allready converted ,

but if you google 2jzgte thailand , plenty of garages here will convert almost any car you wont,

here's one www.k-conversions.co.uk they are based in Chang mai

as for problems , none ,

go to bangna trat, chon khong, they have a place that does the chroming for engines, imparticular 2jz

ooh , now this sounds interesting ,

any chance of a phone number, or address :o

Bangna Trad. Kilo 12. Go past it & get the u turn bridge. You go back in there & you will find 100's of shops selling salvaged parts.

ergo no phone number. Better take a Thai with you to ask directions.

My ear hears Chaing Kong. So ask for that.

thank you thank you thank you

hi all have been trying to find chrome plate shop or garage in the Bangkok area , for my engine parts ,does any one have any ideas?

first photo is my engine now , second is how i wont it to look

Might be a closer option for you to go down to the intersection of Worachak Road and Lan Luang near Yawarat (Chinatown). There is a small chrome shop just up the street heading in the direction of Chinatown from the Mitsubishi parts place on one corner. There is a shophouse has green wooden doors and hard to miss. They have done a lot of good work for me over the years. There is another plating outfit across the street and further in the direction of Chinatown, but I haven't used them before.

hi all have been trying to find chrome plate shop or garage in the Bangkok area , for my engine parts ,does any one have any ideas?

first photo is my engine now , second is how i wont it to look

Might be a closer option for you to go down to the intersection of Worachak Road and Lan Luang near Yawarat (Chinatown). There is a small chrome shop just up the street heading in the direction of Chinatown from the Mitsubishi parts place on one corner. There is a shophouse has green wooden doors and hard to miss. They have done a lot of good work for me over the years. There is another plating outfit across the street and further in the direction of Chinatown, but I haven't used them before.

thanks , great infomation, dame i was in china town last week :o

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok, so sarcasm in written form can be difficult to spot

no i did spot it , needs to be a bit more funny though, :o

even funnier is the fact that people do as you say and have a see thought bonnet,but not for me , i like old school sleeper,

roughly translated that means , looks standard , but gos like a bat out of hel_l ,

my car is a 26 year old merc s class , but with toyota twin turbo engine and gear box 400bhp under the bonnet , :D o mummy

Nothing sleepy bout that, besides never knew that chrome plating had such an effect on going so much faster? :whistling: Learn something new every day?

Edited by WarpSpeed