Hi Just wondering has anyone ever sent a small amount of money in a book or card sent in a parcle or express bag from aus to thai im talking a couple of hundred dollars aus. im sick of paying a bank 3or4 hundred bht for a few hundred dollars .

do they scan for money or just open the odd package at random ?

cheers.

Known personally one guy who did it, the envelope and card arrived, the cash didn't. Mind you that was mail not courier.

Not worth the risk IMO.

If it's only a few hundred why not carry it in your luggage. I've taken a few thousand GBP in my check in (well hidden just in case) and carry on.

<edit : sorry just realised you mean send as in you stay in Aus. I've used Western Union from Malaysia to the Philippines and it was very economical but it seems it gets expensive depending where you are from. I still wouldn't risk anything less than DHL or Fedex but they are costly (DHL 50 USD Viet Nam to UK for a letter)>

Edited by PhilHarries

hi well im in australia and i wanted to send something for a birthday a few books a few ausie caps for the kids and i thought i would chuck in a few dollars as well.

The fastest & no fee way is to send $$$'s via paypal.

I'm ok sending money to BKK but I don't know anyone in the jungle with a PP account. :o

Sending cash in the mail to Thailand, is a no no.

I've sent unactivated atm cards by mail several times that were wedged inbetween a post card. These were never stolen but then again there's nothing they could do with them because they have to be activated first. If you send cash by fedex or some sort of ovenight courier I think it's safer. Just be sure to disguise it appropriately.