What Car Do You Drive In Thailand ?

Bangyai

Thought it might be a good idea to have this thread so that if we have a problem with our cars we can find owners with similar models who might be able to give advice on locating parts or getting repairs done for the right price. :o

As for me ....... Nissan Sunny B14

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Suzuki Caribbean (1995), my first car in Thailand, Powersteering installed later, bought in Bangkok

2) Opel Astra Caravan 1.6l 16V Manual Gear (1998), still going strong :-), bought in Phuket

3) SsangYong Stavic 2.7l Diesel Auto (2007), 11-seater for the whole family, bought in Phuket

Edited by hkt83100

Grant. Did your mods void your warranty?

I'm not sure but I don't care about warranty because almost all important parts (brakes, suspension, spark, wheels, filters, noses etc) already changed and I gonna install JR supercharger and ECU in the next future.

Edited by Grant

Thinking of buying a Nissan NX sports coupe. A friend had one in England and it was very reliable. Anyone own one here and had a problem with spares ?

As far as I know its based on a sunny chassis as is the NV so there should be plenty of engine parts available. Check out www.one2car.com for reviews ( in Thai ) :o

Grant. Did your mods void your warranty?

I'm not sure but I don't care about warranty because almost all important parts (brakes, suspension, spark, wheels, filters, noses etc) already changed and I gonna install JR supercharger and ECU in the next future.

Who can supply and fit the supercharger in Thailand??Never heard of one being used in a civic here. What engine mods have you done so far and what effect did it have?

Who can supply and fit the supercharger in Thailand??Never heard of one being used in a civic here.

I know some guy in Bangkok who can supply and fit turbocharger for Civic, but I found some in Singapore and will drive there in the next future if I have time. Or will order from there and guy in Bangkok will fit it for me.

The price of supercharger kit is SGD3,900, ECU AEM - SGD600

What engine mods have you done so far and what effect did it have?

Just spark (HKS), air filter(K&N), ground wire & volt stabilizer (BuddyClub), muffler(HKS)

It's about + 10 hp

+ suspension (TEIN) and brakes (ATS)

The problem is that 2.0 engine (K20Z2) is for Asian market only and very difficult to modify that kind of engine because most of aftermarket parts was designed for K20Z3 for US market.

Edited by Grant

Chevy Captiva Diesel AWD 2007 model, my current car very happy with it. Great milage, plenty fast and has great handeling. Had problem with guards at the mall due to automatic follow home lights (you're lights are on), the remote had to be pressed hard on the button to lock/unlock and a small annoying sound in the steering, all problems except the guards were fixed immediately when I complained. Donno what to do with the guards, can only smile and say auto and they look at the car until it turns off the lights, well guess it's safer that way anyway...

How can you use the words turbo & supercharger as if they are the same thing? They are not.

Turbo. easy.

Supercharger (blower) more difficult.

Of course - I just miss the word.

The guy from Bangkok can provide turbocharger only, but the guy from Singapore have supercharger for K20Z2: http://www.mkracing.com.sg/index.php?act=v...mp;productId=22

I have 2 options - drive there or he will send it here.

If I'll have supercharger kit here the guy from Bangkok can fit it for me.

________________________________________________________________________________

_

This is the answer from US:

We will need to 'create' a part number for a supercharger kit with no reflash or other fuel system electronics. The supercharger itself will fit your vehicle and that K20Z engine. There may the need to make a couple of minor modifications to the intake manifold for clearance but ALL the parts will fit no problem.

What I will suggest for now is that you keep an eye on our

www.supercharger.com website. Within the next 2-4 weeks, there will probably be a new part number appearing there which will be the very supercharger we are discussing here and now. I have already spoken with our production team and they are looking into what timeline they need to create this new kit. It should be quite easy since all that's happening is fuel system electronics are being omitted.

Thanks again and please watch the website for now.

Keith S. Taber

Technical Services

Moss Motors, LTD.

440 Rutherford Street

Edited by Grant