What Car Do You Drive In Thailand ?

Bangyai

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who can supply and fit the supercharger in Thailand??Never heard of one being used in a civic here.

I know some guy in Bangkok who can supply and fit turbocharger for Civic, but I found some in Singapore and will drive there in the next future if I have time. Or will order from there and guy in Bangkok will fit it for me.

The price of supercharger kit is SGD3,900, ECU AEM - SGD600

What engine mods have you done so far and what effect did it have?

Just spark (HKS), air filter(K&N), ground wire & volt stabilizer (BuddyClub), muffler(HKS)

It's about + 10 hp

+ suspension (TEIN) and brakes (ATS)

The problem is that 2.0 engine (K20Z2) is for Asian market only and very difficult to modify that kind of engine because most of aftermarket parts was designed for K20Z3 for US market.

I have a honda civic 2.0 (2004). I just changed the springs to H&R. Rides well but the front is a bit low for my liking. I also changed the airfilter to a k&N and did the hondata airbox modification. Plus also mugen replica twinloop muffler.

I can see why you want forced induction, as this car really lacks torque right when you need it. Who does turbos in bkk? The supercharger would be good, but does the price justify it? I thought you could get a type r-engine fitted for the same, but don't know if you can get good ones in bkk.

We own 2 cars:

- Honda CRV 2.4 4WD for everyday use. The missus loves the car. I think it's ugly, but we fitted a big touch-screen Pioneer radio/DVD player which can

even play my IPod. So I am OK

- Volvo XC90 (6 Cyl. double turbo) the family car with 7 seats. Big, heavy, less thirsty than I thought (about same as the Honda CRV). Sat Nav is a useless joke.

Entertainment system with 2 screens in the front headrests, drives me crazy. Same for built in phone.

A lot of space, even in 7 seas configuration.

We are in the process of exchanging the Honda for the new AUDI A4, due to arrive in BKK next month.

just the old mini !!!

Lover it! used to own a leylang mini with a modified motor in Australia. My first and only car there. Bloody thing cost me a packed in repairs - especially electrical problems. It also decided it would cough and splutter at the first sight of rain. Stupid distributor right near the front grill was to blame. Ended up having to put a rubber glove over it to keep out the water. Still it was a lot of fun, and maxed out at 160km/h. How does yours go in the rain? The classic mini costs a bomb here.

Who does turbos in bkk?

rcw.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=128945

The supercharger would be good, but does the price justify it?

About 100k baht for 50 hp - it's OK

I thought you could get a type r-engine fitted for the same, but don't know if you can get good ones in bkk.

There is VTECstore garage in Bangkok and the owner importing Type R and Mugen RR then replace all parts to local Civic.

He said that he can swap my engine, gearbox etc to K20A (Type R) 225 hp and it will cost me about 300k baht.

But he can't found that engine for me - maybe it take long time.

Edited by Grant

Who does turbos in bkk?

rcw.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=128945

The supercharger would be good, but does the price justify it?

About 100k baht for 50 hp - it's OK

I thought you could get a type r-engine fitted for the same, but don't know if you can get good ones in bkk.

There is VTECstore garage in Bangkok and the owner importing Type R and Mugen RR then replace all parts to local Civic.

He said that he can swap my engine, gearbox etc to K20A (Type R) 225 hp and it will cost me about 300k baht.

But he can't found that engine for me - maybe it take long time.

Grant, that link doesn't work can you check the address? How much will the transport on the supercharger be if you have it shipped?

Grant, that link doesn't work can you check the address?

http://rcw.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=128945

How much will the transport on the supercharger be if you have it shipped?

I don't know but is not to heavy - just about 10 kg

But the problem can be on Thai customs - they can charge about 30%

That why I decide to drive to Singapore.

Edited by Grant

Grant, that link doesn't work can you check the address?

http://rcw.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=128945

How much will the transport on the supercharger be if you have it shipped?

I don't know but is not to heavy - just about 10 kg

But the problem can be on Thai customs - they can charge about 30%

That why I decide to drive to Singapore.

Why not try the turbo? It might have lag but be cheaper overall. Thanks your link was ok. I dodn;t see any k20A motor mentioned in the thread though, so don't know if they can do it. Plenty are done in the US though.

Why not try the turbo? It might have lag but be cheaper overall.

Yes, it cheaper but is not so good for this kind of engine and I want to have more torque on that I can get with supercharger only.

I dodn;t see any k20A motor mentioned in the thread though, so don't know if they can do it.

There is another guy who do swap to TypeR or MugenRR - VTECstore on Viphavadi Rd.: vtecstore @ hotmail.com

Just bought a Nissan NX100 sports coupe for 130,000 . So far so good. Will dress it up a bit if it proves reliable. I was thinking of re upholstering the two front seats though as the originals are a bit faded. Anyone know how much this might cost ? :o

Thought it might be a good idea to have this thread so that if we have a problem with our cars we can find owners with similar models who might be able to give advice on locating parts or getting repairs done for the right price. :o

As for me ....... Nissan Sunny B14

2008 Nissan Navara 2.5 Le 4/wd Auto

What a dream machine after my 10 year old Toyota Tiger.

post-9958-1221472550_thumb.jpg

2006 Mercedes Benz 280 ML

Bought it from Phuket Benz in September 2006, Baht 5.85 million.

post-68174-1221475867_thumb.jpg post-68174-1221475821_thumb.jpg

Phew...nice if you've got the beans ! My gf paid 750,000 for her terraced house in Khon Kaen a couple of years back. So with 5.8 mil she could have bought the row of 8.!! Its odd how cars cost more than houses here ?

2006 Mercedes Benz 280 ML

Bought it from Phuket Benz in September 2006, Baht 5.85 million.

post-68174-1221475867_thumb.jpg post-68174-1221475821_thumb.jpg

Phew...nice if you've got the beans ! My gf paid 750,000 for her terraced house in Khon Kaen a couple of years back. So with 5.8 mil she could have bought the row of 8.!! Its odd how cars cost more than houses here ?

Yeah, it's ridiculous...at that time that was $162,000. For that money in Europe you can buy Italian exotic car. I often wonder what Thai govt does with money earned from car duties? We should have best highways on planet but sadly this isn't the case.

Yeah, it's ridiculous...at that time that was $162,000. For that money in Europe you can buy Italian exotic car. I often wonder what Thai govt does with money earned from car duties? We should have best highways on planet but sadly this isn't the case.

Hi :o

They substitute that for income tax - you know, that sort of car cost less than half that in Germany, but therefor there the government keeps half of your income as tax..... think about it :D

Best regards.....

Thanh