What Car Do You Drive In Thailand ?

Bangyai

Thought it might be a good idea to have this thread so that if we have a problem with our cars we can find owners with similar models who might be able to give advice on locating parts or getting repairs done for the right price. :o

As for me ....... Nissan Sunny B14

2008 Nissan Navara 2.5 Le 4/wd Auto

What a dream machine after my 10 year old Toyota Tiger.

I am on the point of buying a Navara, same type, 4wd, double cabin. It had a great feeling at the test ride. Itwas rainig heavily and I did several successful emergency stops.

Really a pity they have only these dull colors and not then vivid ones like in Europe. I think I will go for black (great look) or white (cooler). I attach a pic of a red one.

Do you have any idea how many kilometers it gives per liter?

I am still in doubt re the cover on the back. Do you leave it on permanently? Is it a Nissan product, or did you buy in a carshop?

Thanks a lot.

post-53391-1221491005_thumb.jpg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitsubishi Strada 200L 4x4 pickup (2000) used is for a long time as family/work car, now only at work. it has done its travelling 289.000 km.

Toyota Fortuner 3.0 G (2009) brand new and I like it, projector head lights, new upgrades in style, this one will take over the far far away travelling.

Thought it might be a good idea to have this thread so that if we have a problem with our cars we can find owners with similar models who might be able to give advice on locating parts or getting repairs done for the right price. :o

As for me ....... Nissan Sunny B14

2008 Nissan Navara 2.5 Le 4/wd Auto

What a dream machine after my 10 year old Toyota Tiger.

I am on the point of buying a Navara, same type, 4wd, double cabin. It had a great feeling at the test ride. Itwas rainig heavily and I did several successful emergency stops.

Really a pity they have only these dull colors and not then vivid ones like in Europe. I think I will go for black (great look) or white (cooler). I attach a pic of a red one.

Do you have any idea how many kilometers it gives per liter?

I am still in doubt re the cover on the back. Do you leave it on permanently? Is it a Nissan product, or did you buy in a carshop?

Thanks a lot.

collected my new Navara from the Nissan on Sukumvit Pattaya

The dealer threw in the usual freebies, back liner, plastic wheel arch protection (front & rear), side steps, window visors, window tint film (choice of colour), underseal, car cover, mats, road tax, number plates, free comprehensive insurance. Plus 5 % discount on the list price

Any accessories to be fitted the girl from Nissan took me to the local accessory shop that main dealers use for window Tint, Fancy mirrors in car DVD etc etc

The top I leave on all the time as it’s electronic and if the top was left off the motors would be in full view.

kilometers it gives per liter? I just fill up.

For any info on Navara go to this website, you can even download the original service manual.

http://www.nissan-navara.net

1997 Mazda MX-5

2005 BMW 318i

No problems with the BMW so far, though we just traded in a diesel Fortuner for it, any probs, will visit the dealer. The MX-5, any probs, I use a mechanic that owns 2 himself.

I drove a MX5 in the Netherlands with lots of pleasure!

Here in Thailand I bought a Fortuner (2.7 benzine) in 2005/dec.

Although the Fortuner is a nice family-car (can't fit both my wife and daughter in a MX5 :o ), the MX5 was much more fun to drive! Really loved that car. I will buy one later again for sure! Unfortunatly the new MX5's are just crazy priced here in Thailand!

Although the Fortuner is a nice family-car (can't fit both my wife and daughter in a MX5 :o ), the MX5 was much more fun to drive! Really loved that car. I will buy one later again for sure! Unfortunatly the new MX5's are just crazy priced here in Thailand!

I have had the MX5 for 5 years now, it's the first car I ever bought for myself. When my daughter arrived we got a second car, since then the second car is always the one that changes, Mazda 323 2.0 Protege, BMW E39 523i, Toyota Fortuner 3.0 Diesel and now the BMW E46 318i.

Though when we got the Fortuner I had to change the MX5 to automatic, my wife can't drive manual and found the Fortuner way too big :D . Though it looks like I will be changing the gears back to manual in the near future.. You mention that the new MX5 is a crazy price, even the original NA pop-up light model I have is expensive here, they hold their price well though, it's practically worth the same price now as when I bought it!

Old Tanks! Have a old Toyota Crown (1974), 6 cylinder with big massiv steel bumpers, spraycanned flatblack. That's all i need. Cheap in maintenance, strong like a Tank. No worries about motorbikes, schratches, dents and never have troubles with brocken plastic parts, because there is no plastic.

I have had the MX5 for 5 years now, it's the first car I ever bought for myself. When my daughter arrived we got a second car, since then the second car is always the one that changes, Mazda 323 2.0 Protege, BMW E39 523i, Toyota Fortuner 3.0 Diesel and now the BMW E46 318i.

Though when we got the Fortuner I had to change the MX5 to automatic, my wife can't drive manual and found the Fortuner way too big :D . Though it looks like I will be changing the gears back to manual in the near future.. You mention that the new MX5 is a crazy price, even the original NA pop-up light model I have is expensive here, they hold their price well though, it's practically worth the same price now as when I bought it!

In the Netherlands I had also the NA model, a 92 model, which I sold for about 3k euro's when I moved to Thailand (taking it with me to Thailand is almost impossible). The same aged model (92) goes in Thailand for more than 10 to 12k euro's, which is absurd, but I will probably buy one anyway, since I miss that car too much :D

I really like to latest model, it's still the same lines/concept, but more modern. They did a good job on that one! But @ 50k euro in Thailand it's too expensive for me at this moment (at least for use as just a second car).

Peugeut 405, an oldie I know, but I like it... where can I get a Mi16 engine (the good, 1905cc version, pre 1990)

also, as backup hacks... there's a couple of (very good condition) w126s and a pickup of some kind... can't remember what and couldn't be bothered going downstairs to look... it's just for Songkran anyway...

2001 Honda Accord

I didn't realize that the car had no heater when i bought it. When it rains here in Bangkok, the windows fog up. Just wondering if anyone else has had the

same issue with other Accords. Also if anyone knows about how much it would cost to have heat installed? Thanks :o

2007 1.8 Ford Focus

What a great Choice - I have a 2007 Focus S.

My advice for any Focus owner it to get a Rear Wheel alignment - well particularly for the hatch-back. My rear tyres got scrubbed on the outside, and I got them replaced. The Goodyear Shop explained to me that a rear wheel alignment should be done etc etc. After I decided to replace all 4 tyres he did the 4 wheel alignment for free. Now there is no evidence of scrub.

Now after knowing about this, I have looked at a few other Focus and seen the same problem.

Other than that, I love the car and I would not want to drive another.

The only down side is my wife tends to crash the poor car a bit too much, and in fact she had a small "Issue" driving back from the smash repairer.

• 2 weeks later...

post-67284-1223371090_thumb.jpg

Took the plunge a few weeks back and got the NX Coupe. Total cost after respray , rear spoiler , new wheels and a service 148,500 baht. A nice new looking car for a reasonable outlay. Does 15 k to the litre on long runs so economical too. Top speed supposed to be around 124 mph but I'm content to cruise at 110 kph. :o

1995 red turbocharged Subaru Impreza. Before that a blue Mazda 323 Astina.

Very happy with both cars and the white Mini-Cooper that preceded them.

Are there any good subaru garages in BKK that are reasonably priced and reliable? I'm talking about service and modifications to wrx/sti cars.

2004 Accord 2.4

1999 Civic

Had both since new. The Civic has been regularly visiting Honda workshop this year. Replaced shock adsorbers, repaired oil leak, brake pads, changed timing belt etc etc etc.

Not impressed with Honda Ekamai & have switched to Honda Si Ayutthaya which I feel is better.