Just Got My Tourist Visa...

21 - USA

Hey all, Just got my tourist visa, single entry in the mail yesterday.

Here are my questions, when I arrive can I get my 30 day extension right away so I have 90 days, or do I need to wait until the 60 days of my visa is near to being done and go and get the extension then?

Next question, when my 90 days is almost up and I need to do a visa run, so far I have heard Vientiane is the best place to go. Any other suggestions?

Also, when I go to get this new visa, will I be able to get another 60 day visa? Or will it only be 30 days?

Also, when I do my visa run, what paperwork should I have ready?

Thank you ahead of time for all your help!!!

21 - USA

Hey all, Just got my tourist visa, single entry in the mail yesterday.

Here are my questions, when I arrive can I get my 30 day extension right away so I have 90 days, or do I need to wait until the 60 days of my visa is near to being done and go and get the extension then?

Next question, when my 90 days is almost up and I need to do a visa run, so far I have heard Vientiane is the best place to go. Any other suggestions?

Also, when I go to get this new visa, will I be able to get another 60 day visa? Or will it only be 30 days?

Also, when I do my visa run, what paperwork should I have ready?

Thank you ahead of time for all your help!!!

About 7 days before your Visa expires You can get the 30 days extension . Cost 1,900 Baht.

If you go to the Thai Embassy Vientiane Laos.

You can get a double entry Tourist Visa.

With the 30 day extensions, this will give you nearly 6 months.

Edited by Lite Beer

You cannot get extension of stay right away.

Must be done at any immigration office in Thailand

I was unaware that there was a multi-entry tourist visa, my mistake.

As I am stuck with what I have I will just have to go ahead with my single entry and do a visa run after 90 days.

How much does that visa cost in Laos? What paperwork should I be bringing and how hard is it to get?

As I am stuck with what I have I will just have to go ahead with my single entry and do a visa run after 90 days.

How much does that visa cost in Laos? What paperwork should I be bringing and how hard is it to get?

Actually they are not multi-entry tourist visas. They have a specific number of allowable entries....usually 2 or 3.

The double entry tourist visas from Laos are not difficult to attain. Do a search as there are many threads covering the subject.

Cost of 2x entry = 2000 baht

Actually they are not multi-entry tourist visas. They have a specific number of allowable entries....usually 2 or 3.

The double entry tourist visas from Laos are not difficult to attain. Do a search as there are many threads covering the subject.

Cost of 2x entry = 2000 baht

Plus the Visa to enter Laos about 1,500 Baht.