Penang Visa

I'm planning a trip to Penang to get a tourist visa. Can anyone tell me how long I need to stay there. If I get my passport to an agent by Monday afternoon, when you do think I can pick it up? Also does anyone know if Penang will issue a triple entry tourist visa?

Thanks!

I'd say you'd have to stay at least one night (so you should be able to leave Tuesday if you apply Monday). I've heard some of the agents can do it same day, but the transportation schedule is such you end up having to stay overnight regardless.

Yes, they are issuing triple tourist Visas at the moment!

Embassy closes at noon so if you hand it to an agent on Monday afternoon it wont get to the embassy till Tuesday a.m you should get it back about 2pm the following day (Wednesday). Good agent ...Parvez Travel (also known as NK? Books ) located on Lebuh Chulia in front of the Swiss Hotel..........Good Hotel.....Hotel Continental on Jalan Penang (Georgetown) 1000 baht/night (can book online).

Yes, they are issuing triple tourist Visas at the moment!

What exactly is a triple tourist visa, and how long will it last?

Is it a triple entry tourist visa allowing 60 days each time and you can extend each stay for 30 days, therefore giving you 90 days total before you have to leave Thailand. You can them re-enter on your second (2/3) triple entry tourist visa giving you another 60 days stay extendable by 30 days again and so on etc.

This would give you a total of 90 days x 3 = 270 days before the visa expires.

If the above is true could you leave and re-enter Thailand on the same day by doing a visa run. Would this be enough time to "activate" the second of the triple entry permits.

Thanks in advance for any replys.

8ball.

Everyone I've sent there recently (in the last few weeks) has managed to only have to stay overnight....maybe they're using the agents 'quick' process? I don't know!

8Ball,

Yes, if you play your cards right you can get nigh on 9 months of cover (60 extend by 30, 60 extend by 30, 60 extend by 30)! Yes, a border run would be enough to activate your second entry.

Everyone I've sent there recently (in the last few weeks) has managed to only have to stay overnight....maybe they're using the agents 'quick' process? I don't know!

8Ball,

Yes, if you play your cards right you can get nigh on 9 months of cover (60 extend by 30, 60 extend by 30, 60 extend by 30)! Yes, a border run would be enough to activate your second entry.

Ken have they arrived in the morning by any chance? i.e they have got their passport into the Consulate by lunchtime.

8Ball,

Ken have they arrived in the morning by any chance? i.e they have got their passport into the Consulate by lunchtime.

Yes, I tell them to! Gotcha!

8Ball,

Yes, I tell them to! Gotcha!

Just that the original poster said.....if he got his passport to an agent by Monday afternoon how long would it take. :o

I'll slap my own wrist! Sorry!

But I thought the agency people could do it same day? So if they got it Monday afternoon and had to put it in Tuesday morning wouldn't he get it back Tuesday afternoon if he used the same day service thingy?

Ive never tried for same day service, i dare say anything is possible at a price.