Ubc Gone

ezzra

just been informed by a UBC operator that because of the channel reshuffle last nite all Ala Cart channels

will be indefinitely suspended due to insufficient numbers of transponders on the single dish

configuration in a hi rise and other places where they use the single dish for multi users,

meaning, we are back to the old Gold setup with the usual old channels without all the new

and extra one, platinum members are not spared either,

how long long before it will back to normal ? i asked, well, i don't know he said,

the funny thing is that today i got a notice of yearly renewal for the next 12 months that includes

the Ala Cart and the other channels,

case of right hand not knowing what the left is doing,,

just been informed by a UBC operator that because of the channel reshuffle last nite all Ala Cart channels

will be indefinitely suspended due to insufficient numbers of transponders on the single dish

configuration in a hi rise and other places where they use the single dish for multi users,

meaning, we are back to the old Gold setup with the usual old channels without all the new

and extra one, platinum members are not spared either,

how long long before it will back to normal ? i asked, well, i don't know he said,

the funny thing is that today i got a notice of yearly renewal for the next 12 months that includes

the Ala Cart and the other channels,

case of right hand not knowing what the left is doing,,

I had the same problem with the ala cart channels, just finished talking with them and the operator said it was a problem with my building. I attempted to explain to her that the building has not changed a thing, and that the only thing different is the new channel lineup with the 2 new channels Asian Series and Hay ha, which are provided for free with the standard package.

This is a similar problem that we had last year when they had moved the platinum channels able 100, then a couple of days later the changed them back to resolve the problems.

What ticks me off is that they knew this was a problem before they did it, they did not inform me in advance. I asked why they didn't call and she said that they could not call all customers, i said she didn't need to since only buildings customers with Ala Cart channel are effected. I also inquired why they didn't use email, or the messaging system build into the boxes or the teletype messages to inform me in advance.

The only thing I was told they could do for me was disconnect the service, or install a satellite dish on the building for me directly. She was nice enough to tell me that they already informed the building and that they thought that was the best way to tell its direct customer. Noting that the building provides free cable but I have chosen to get my own platinum subscription since they only had the basics.

Anyone have any idea what a subscriber can do to stop this type of thing happening, seems that they disregard customers with little thought at all.

C'mon lazeeboy - don't be lazy. Organise your channels so that entertainment, films, edutainment stuff are all in blocks together. Takes 5 minutes.

can you please tell us how to do that! thanks

Yes please. I'm waiting too :o

totally pissed off with ubc, Was a subscriber to the HBO Package and Discovery Package and Gold...only to be told its cancelled today..what a <deleted> nonsense this company is....total waste of space. sums up the majority of Thai companies to be honest they dont give a shit for the consumer.

Edited by dekka007

Depends which type of receiver you have.

I have the one with the newish rounded light grey remote control.

If you have that then:

1. Click on the button below the red off button

2. Press the number 4 button

3. Press the number 2 button

4. Click on ---NEW---

5. Click the letters for what you want to call the group (e.g. Movies)

6. Press the red button at the bottom of the remote to move across to the list of the channels

7. Scroll up/down through the channels

8. Press on the movie channel to move it into the middle

Repeat 7 and 8 until all your movies are in the middle

Press the Red button at the bottom until you move to the left column again

Repeat 4 through 8 for the next category (Sport, News, etc.)

With the older flat remote (from memory)

1. Press Menu (large button one up from the bottom)

2. Press 4

3. Press 1

(this is a bit quirkier - you can only move the channels up/down)

4. Scroll through the channels until you see the channel you want to be at #1 and stop on it

5. Press the left arrow button to move it up - keep pressing left until it's at position #1

Repeat 4 and 5 for positions 2, 3, etc.

Hope that all made sense.

Mick

Edited by bkkmick

What the heck are you talking about??? I have UBCTruevisions Digital Satellite and followed the instructions. Left my IRD tuned to channel 11 and things took care of themselves.

I subscribe to the Platinum package and have HBO, Discovery, and Disney a la cart and still have all of my channels, albeit reshuffled.

If you really have lost your channels you must have some old gear or analog service.

I have the Humax IR-H100S IRD and no problems.

EDIT: I have my own dish mounted on my apartment building. It sounds like the OP should consider doing that if they can. 2000Baht for the initial install.

And yes the rain/rain coming fade is ridiculous here. I had DirecTV in the US and never had a signal fadeout from weather, just fadeout during the equinox in the spring and fall.

Edited by gunnyd

C'mon lazeeboy - don't be lazy. Organise your channels so that entertainment, films, edutainment stuff are all in blocks together. Takes 5 minutes.

Yes please. I'm waiting too :o

im waiting for that too :D

2. Press 4

3. Press 1

4. Scroll through the channels until you see the channel you want to be at #1 and stop on it

5. Press the left arrow button to move it up - keep pressing left until it's at position #1

Mick

OR

2. Press 4

3. Press 1

4. Decide where you want the channels to be. Scroll through the channels until you see a channel you want to move, (e.g. BBC is at 55 and you want it at 77), and stop on it.

5. Using the number keys, enter the desired position number, i.e. 77.

The BBC will then be at 77 and whatever was at 77 will now be at 55 - i.e. they get swapped.

I just did that - took about 20 minutes to sort them all out.

(But I reckon bkkmick's method is a dàmn site easier and quicker. :o)

Edited by JetsetBkk

Yes please. I'm waiting too :D

im waiting for that too :D

Wakey! Wakey! Already posted. :o

2. Press 4

3. Press 1

Mick

OR

2. Press 4

3. Press 1

4. Decide where you want the channels to be. Scroll through the channels until you see a channel you want to move, (e.g. BBC is at 55 and you want it at 77), and stop on it.

5. Using the number keys, enter the desired position number, i.e. 77.

The BBC will then be at 77 and whatever was at 77 will now be at 55 - i.e. they get swapped.

I just did that - took about 20 minutes to sort them all out.

(But I reckon bkkmick's method is a dàmn site easier and quicker. :o)

Pray tell what pin code did you use to reorganize the channels? I have the Humax IR-100S and the pin isn't same as the the installation pin (2321)

Pray tell what pin code did you use to reorganize the channels? I have the Humax IR-100S and the pin isn't same as the the installation pin (2321)

No pin needed with my old box - "DStv ABS-8976". Just hit 'menu' then '4' then '1'. Don't know about the Humax. Sorry.

wow sorted now i got all my channels togther ,and all the thai ones ....well who cares .thanks for that

:o