Extension Of O Visa

Hi All,

I will be applying for my first O visa extension (married to a Thai) next week and i would like to know what documents are required. I can't seem to find this info when i do a search. Any up to date info will be much appreciated. I am a 50 yeat old Brit if this makes any difference.

Cheers, Rick

You must not have searched too hard, there are a multitude of topics covering this very issue.

Look here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Non-immigran...Ma-t211165.html

or here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Extension-St...ml&hl=korat

At any rate, I do not mind being helpful, so here goes...

- Your passport, with a current Non-O visa

- Wife's ID card

- Tambien baan, or rental/lease contract

- Photos of the house, you and the wife in the house, clothes in the closet, etc

- Two passport-size photos of you...white background, no hat, etc.

- Documents showing 40000 THB/month income...yours, your wife's, or combined

- In the case of your wife, documents showing payment of taxes

- If your income is from Thailand, documents showing payment of taxes

- If your income is from abroad, you need a document from your embassy showing "certification of income". You fill out the paper, sign it, the embassy notarizes your signature. There is no other check involved.

- You might want to have copies of your paystubs for the last year if your income is from overseas...but do not offer them unless asked

- Marriage certificate

- "Hand-drawn" map to the residence. I used Visio to create a map.

- Completed TM7 (application for extension of stay). Yes, they have them at Immigration, but if you get the soft copy, you can fill it out on your computer and print it...much better. Plus you are ready when you go in, not filling out a document when they call your number.

- Photocopies of all of the above. I had the originals, plus two copies of each document...except for the photos.

Lite Beer, maestro, and lopburi3 might respond also...LISTEN TO WHAT THEY SAY!!!!

Read the two links above...They describe the process as well as the requirements.

Good luck

You must not have searched too hard, there are a multitude of topics covering this very issue.

Look here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Non-immigran...Ma-t211165.html

or here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Extension-St...ml&hl=korat

At any rate, I do not mind being helpful, so here goes...

- Your passport, with a current Non-O visa

- Wife's ID card

- Tambien baan, or rental/lease contract

- Photos of the house, you and the wife in the house, clothes in the closet, etc

- Two passport-size photos of you...white background, no hat, etc.

- Documents showing 40000 THB/month income...yours, your wife's, or combined

- In the case of your wife, documents showing payment of taxes

- If your income is from Thailand, documents showing payment of taxes

- If your income is from abroad, you need a document from your embassy showing "certification of income". You fill out the paper, sign it, the embassy notarizes your signature. There is no other check involved.

- You might want to have copies of your paystubs for the last year if your income is from overseas...but do not offer them unless asked

- Marriage certificate

- "Hand-drawn" map to the residence. I used Visio to create a map.

- Completed TM7 (application for extension of stay). Yes, they have them at Immigration, but if you get the soft copy, you can fill it out on your computer and print it...much better. Plus you are ready when you go in, not filling out a document when they call your number.

- Photocopies of all of the above. I had the originals, plus two copies of each document...except for the photos.

Lite Beer, maestro, and lopburi3 might respond also...LISTEN TO WHAT THEY SAY!!!!

Read the two links above...They describe the process as well as the requirements.

Good luck

Thanks mgjackson69 i really appreciate your help. I seriously did not find those posts in my search, maybe incorrect criteria?

By the way i always listen to those guys as they are truly helpful and experts in visa matters.

Thanks again.

Cheers, Rick

Hi All,

I will be applying for my first O visa extension (married to a Thai) next week and i would like to know what documents are required. I can't seem to find this info when i do a search. Any up to date info will be much appreciated. I am a 50 yeat old Brit if this makes any difference.

Cheers, Rick

Better to apply for extension based on retirement than marriage.

I am married myself to a Thai and the immigration seems not so intrested to handle all paperwork and checkups that they usually will do.

Its a sin that many forenginers just use a marriage to stay here in Thailand and the immigration knows about that and they seems very suspicious to grant an extension based on marriage today.

To apply for extension based on retirement will show the immigration that you not using a marriage to stay here.

In case you not have a financial status that make it possible to a retirement extension there are many ppl in this messeage board that willing to help you and an immigration lawyer can make a good preparing before visit the immigration for extension.

I whish you good luck whit your future life and your marriage here in Thailand

They prefer to grant based on retirment because it is easier for them and it saves them a lot of work.

Hi Lite Beer,

Maybe i should clarify the situation a bit. I was issued with a non immigrant non O multiple entry (married to a Thai)( i hate thet term) visa last September.

I am due to apply for my first annual extension next week, so i was asking the board as to which documents i reqiure to make the application. I am aware that i am eligable for a retirement visa, but i want to go down the o extension route.

I think that mgjackson69 answered my question in some detail, but i would be grateful if you could offer any further advice.

Cheers, Rick

They prefer to grant based on retirment because it is easier for them and it saves them a lot of work.

Hi Lite Beer,

Maybe i should clarify the situation a bit. I was issued with a non immigrant non O multiple entry (married to a Thai)( i hate thet term) visa last September.

I am due to apply for my first annual extension next week, so i was asking the board as to which documents i reqiure to make the application. I am aware that i am eligable for a retirement visa, but i want to go down the o extension route.

I think that mgjackson69 answered my question in some detail, but i would be grateful if you could offer any further advice.

Cheers, Rick

The 0 Extension route can be Retirement or Marriage.

I think mj69 has it covered.

Do not forget to take you Wife for the interview.

Sometimes they like to see you bank book.

Application form.

Edited by Lite Beer

Hi Lite Beer,

Cheers, Rick

The 0 Extension route can be Retirement or Marriage.

I think mj69 has it covered.

Do not forget to take you Wife for the interview.

Sometimes they like to see you bank book.

Application form.

Thanks for the link to the application form Lite and i will be taking my wife and bankbook with me.

Cheers, Rick

Hahahahhaha - I covered it pretty well, then forgot one of the most important things to take...the wife.

Also, when you go for your 2nd report, take along a filled-out TM8 form, application for Re-entry Permit. You will need it if you leave Thailand while you are staying here on the extension of stay. You can get either single or multiple-entry. You need the form, a passport photo, and the fee, either 1000 THB for the single or 3800 for the multiple.

If you leave Thailand while on the extension of stay, and you do not have the re-entry permit, your extension of stay is cancelled.

Hahahahhaha - I covered it pretty well, then forgot one of the most important things to take...the wife.

Also, when you go for your 2nd report, take along a filled-out TM8 form, application for Re-entry Permit. You will need it if you leave Thailand while you are staying here on the extension of stay. You can get either single or multiple-entry. You need the form, a passport photo, and the fee, either 1000 THB for the single or 3800 for the multiple.

If you leave Thailand while on the extension of stay, and you do not have the re-entry permit, your extension of stay is cancelled.

Great info mate and thanks a lot for the help. I will get the multi entry as i work away quite a bit and its cheap at the price.

Cheers, Rick