The Beckhams Embrace Buddhism

Sparkles

Just when you may have thought the daily news couldn't get any worse. Victoria and David Beckham have announced today, through their publicity machine ,that they have become Buddhists. It is thought that Thailand may soon be on the travel itinerary as they spread the word of peace and self awareness

Just when you may have thought the daily news couldn't get any worse. Victoria and David Beckham have announced today, through their publicity machine ,that they have become Buddhists. It is thought that Thailand may soon be on the travel itinerary as they spread the word of peace and self awareness

Someone should tell Becks and Vix that they don't need to come here to spread the word about the virtues of Bhuddism as I believe 95% of the population beat them to it.

Why do celebrities feel the need to "announce" these things to the world.

This is why I wonder. It's a personal decision. Celebs don't need to wear it on their sleeve.

April 1st ?

To describe thenselves as buddhists, they must follow a path. Their path is fame and wealth. Their path is the wrong path.

He would be able to build the biggest temple in Thailand.

I wonder what Victoria will think when Davy boy says he is just running out to pick a few things up a the 7/11 but is found dancing the night away at the Green Mango with 10 birds - 4 of which are of the Rooster variety.

"I saw the light, honey and I followed it to this magical place where everyone is free and so full of love", David exclaimed

"David, get your bu*t home now", shouted Vixen

"But Honey, they are about to play that song I liked in LA, something about Let's Go Outside". David sighed as they scrambled into the back of the Songthew because David lost his keys on the dance floor.

And then the next day the Beckham's left Samui forever, having only a Japanese tattoo and a banged up BMW to show for their spirtual trip to the magical island.

But at least now they can go back to LA and London knowing that they found and lost the true path, the right path, the only path.

Hopefully now he'll be able to do something with a ball that is moving ....

Still cant believe he's the most famous/recognised person the London olympic commitee to come up with to appear at the beijing closing ceremony.

i think they used him because he is the most recognized British figure around the world. Gordon Brown just would have been boring.

Someone should tell Becks and Vix that they don't need to come here to spread the word about the virtues of Bhuddism as I believe 95% of the population beat them to it.

95% of the population are as much Buddhist as are 95% of the population of Christian countries are Christian.

Oh God, why can't they do something more useful and become muslim, jewish or anything but budhhists. It means they will be reincarnated again and again after we thought we had got rid of them.

They've already bought property on Samui about a year ago and are in the process of building a giant house on a private beach with underground access. Seriously!

Wonder whose name they put the house in? :o

If you invest 40,000,000 baht you can put it in your own name and own it and the land freehold, I believe. Small change for Becks.

....definately Victoria's idea......sitting down crossed legs with an empty mind comes naturally to her... :D......which reminds me......about 10 years before Beckham appeared on the front page with the sarong,.....Iwas in koh samuii wearing the very same.....with my hair in those days right down my back.......eventually every guy on the Beach started wearing them too......you could call me a "trend setter" :o ... I suppose

Edited by dee123

Oh God, why can't they do something more useful and become muslim, jewish or anything but budhhists. It means they will be reincarnated again and again after we thought we had got rid of them.

:o:D:D

Who cares?

The only true link that Victoria has with Thailand, is the plastic surgeons, maybe David is going to be the first Katoey to play for England. Sure, it would fit in with their marketing strategy. :o

He has got the voice for it already, but just needs to learn how to kick with both legs.

good for them - it's a pity the repliers to this don't practise some of it's principles and think a bit more positively.

I can see how Buddhism as a belief-system is the obvious choice for a couple whose behaviour is characterised in the main by arrogance, avarice, vanity, ego and spectacularly crass displays of material wealth. Morons.

Its true that the Buddha's lay disciples included kings, queens and the wealthiest people in India. But it also included many middle class and poor. As far as I know there is no rule in Buddhism that a member has to be enlightened or live a simple life, before joining, so I can't see why the Beckhams are unsuitable.