A Guy In Difficulty On Sukhumvit Soi 25

tefoff

There's an Irish guy in some financial difficulty, and he's currently near the entrance to Sukhumvit Soi 25 most days. He sits close to a convenience store there, something similar to a family mart. You'll notice him because he has a cardboard sign looking for financial contributions and explaining his situation. It's a familar story; he lost his passport and money in a taxi. If you could help him out, with some money or even just say hello to him, then I think he'll appreciate it. He's been stuck here a few weeks now, but he's holding up well, as well as you possibly can in these types of situations.

There's an Irish guy in some financial difficulty, and he's currently near the entrance to Sukhumvit Soi 25 most days. He sits close to a convenience store there, something similar to a family mart. You'll notice him because he has a cardboard sign looking for financial contributions and explaining his situation. It's a familar story; he lost his passport and money in a taxi. If you could help him out, with some money or even just say hello to him, then I think he'll appreciate it. He's been stuck here a few weeks now, but he's holding up well, as well as you possibly can in these types of situations.

What would be the point in regarding this information to the public on TV?? Do you want me us to email him and [email protected]?? Haha he have paypal? Ill give him few baht. Now its 10 man I aint going there to pat him on the back. Hope he pics him self up.

You're not his agent are you? :D

He was mentioned on another site...Paul is it...? Farang disgrace :o

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

I was approached by a very aggressive drunken Scotsman here in Pattaya, asking me do you speak English. I broke down and admitted it saying, why do you want to know?, knowing this guy was very bad news, which he was. When he saw I wasn't an easy mark he said Have I arrived in hel_l? (answered: pretty much) and started off with got too drunk, lost this, lost that song and dance. I give him credit for that line, but I had to start walking fast because he was threatening. People talk about Pattaya being high crime, but the scariest encounters I have had here all with European descent people.

Edited by Jingthing

...thesedays its a lot easier to get funds sent over by friends or relations....moneygram, bank transfers,.western union,...but you would have to have the person who's gonna send you the loan contact details and enough money to make contact, with them in the first place,....if you have got a mobile phone call his bluff and call where he is gonna get the funds from and help him out,....if he has no one to help him Then direct him to his embassy and give him a bottle of water....PS.yes it has happened to me

Edited by dee123

There's an Irish guy in some financial difficulty, and he's currently near the entrance to Sukhumvit Soi 25 most days
drink does a funny thing to your brain ,and hes been at it to long

the moment he starts yelling.. 'drink' 'arse' '<deleted>'

its probably time call the Vatican

why doesn't the lazy <deleted> walk to his embassy.these losers are a dime a dozen.not willing to help themselves in the slightest.

why doesn't the lazy <deleted> walk to his embassy.these losers are a dime a dozen.not willing to help themselves in the slightest.

I'm pretty sure his Embassy will do nothing for him - not for free anyway.

There's an Irish guy in some financial difficulty, and he's currently near the entrance to Sukhumvit Soi 25 most days
drink does a funny thing to your brain ,and hes been at it to long

the moment he starts yelling.. 'drink' 'arse' '<deleted>'

its probably time call the Vatican

I wonder if anyone else got the 'Father Ted' reference. I am now displaying my worldliness by advertising that I, indeed, got the joke.

As for the dude, I'll give him ten baht if I see him.

BFD!

I'm pretty sure his Embassy will do nothing for him - not for free anyway.

Well I'm sure they would at least let him make a phone call or post a letter for him. He could also get his bum to an internet cafe for B20 an hour to contact wayward relatives and friends for funds!

..thesedays its a lot easier to get funds sent over by friends or relations

some people (like me) don't have friends or relations back home to help them if they need it, and the embassy won't help much either. i can see how people could end up in this position, and it's sad, but when it is related to alcoholism i find it harder to give sympathy.

some people (like me) don't have friends or relations back home to help them if they need it, and the embassy won't help much either.

Do you know this for sure or just guessing? If a citizen is in distress in a foreign country - isn't the embassy obliged to help him, if only to prevent having a death, imprisonment and subsequent court cases on their hands? I think a lot of the down and out farangs are on drugs and booze and staying here helps them get them cheaply. One young German junky asked me for money for food once and when i offered to buy him food he refused. I would offer them food and help but not cash. If they refuse then they are not worth helping any further.

some people (like me) don't have friends or relations back home to help them if they need it, and the embassy won't help much either.

Do you know this for sure or just guessing?

think that is true for most countries, otherwise why not come on a one way ticket and get the embassy to fly you back when youve had enough? the embassy will probably help with phone calls back home to arrange funds but isnt going to get you a ticket home

Do you know this for sure or just guessing? If a citizen is in distress in a foreign country - isn't the embassy obliged to help him, if only to prevent having a death, imprisonment and subsequent court cases on their hands? I think a lot of the down and out farangs are on drugs and booze and staying here helps them get them cheaply. One young German junky asked me for money for food once and when i offered to buy him food he refused. I would offer them food and help but not cash. If they refuse then they are not worth helping any further.

If anything..............give food/water - never money :o

some people (like me) don't have friends or relations back home to help them if they need it...

Are you seriously saying you don't have any family or friends who are in the position to give or lend you the cost of an economy ticket back to farangland? If that is the case, then such a person has no business traveling or living overseas in the first place.

I mean, when you step away from the comfortable homeland into the big world outside, anything can happen and one would be irresponsible if one didn't have the savings or other back-up plan to enable one to return home in an emergency.

Are you seriously saying you don't have any family or friends who are in the position to give or lend you the cost of an economy ticket back to farangland? If that is the case, then such a person has no business traveling or living overseas in the first place.

yes i am saying that and i would never get myself into that position! i have savings and i take care of myself! but sh!t can hit the fan anytime, anywhere you are in the world. even if i was in the US i wouldn't have backup!

Edited by girlx

yes i am saying that and i would never get myself into that position! i have savings and i take care of myself! but sh!t can hit the fan anytime, anywhere you are in the world. even if i was in the US i wouldn't have backup!

Exactly my point. Anyone who undertakes any foreign trip or work assignment should have a plan (and financially fund it) to be able to return in an emergency. If they are unable to do so, they should certainly not travel for any reason outside their country of residence/citizenship.

Yes, but in the US, you would be "home," and could possibly get free medical care if necessary, and easily and legally work to support yourself (unlike this fella on soi 25 who seems unable to do any of this).

Nice marketing. Beggar Spam. :o

I have heard the US embassy will pay for a ticket out for some distressed people, but they will owe the money back (with interest?) and have their passport changed so that they can't travel anymore until they pay the debt. Not sure if this is true for sure or how selective they are about who they help. I imagine many embassies will help some of their citizens in stress.

Edited by Jingthing

What a bunch of bullshit this is thou.. beggars in make good money when there in a good location..Better then English teachers or cleaners or something anyway… I herd some can make up to 10 K in one day on a busy street.

This is OP is just letting more people know. Its probably him~~~

Edited by RakJungTorlae

Yes, but in the US, you would be "home," and could possibly get free medical care if necessary, and easily and legally work to support yourself (unlike this fella on soi 25 who seems unable to do any of this).

the only advantage i would have in the US if things went bad is that i could work there legally. that is, IF i could find a job which many can't. but if you were from europe or something where there is free health care and etc. and welfare etc. i can see your point. still, you think disadvantaged people should all just stay home rather than explore? people can't usually see bad things coming before they hit. still this guy is probably just a drunk and in my opinion that's his fault.

still..you think disadvantaged people should all just stay home rather than explore?

To far away 3rd World countries with no public assistance or welfare systems to help them if they should fall into medical or financial distress...YES. Maybe to Canada or Europe, where some sort of aid would likely be available to a distressed traveler such precautions could be dispensed with (still not a good idea, however).

But I agree that in this (as with most cases), probably just a rummy down on his luck. As others have said, if one is truly a hard-luck case, most Western embassies will advance at least plane-fare back home and just keep a record and deduct payment through the tax system once one is working or on public benefits again.

He should get off is ass. Walk to Robinson's. Or across from there I think Lotus (3 km from there I think on Rama 4) )and buy a shirt, tie and pants, and walk into a language school and teach part-time. There are over a dozen language school in the area all screaming for farang. And no you don't need to be an native speaker to land a teaching job in los.

You mean that an orphan who has lost all his friends through disease or old age has no right to spend his life the way he wants? Nonsense.

You mean that an orphan who has lost all his friends through disease or old age has no right to spend his life the way he wants? Nonsense.

Older people lose their friends and family to the grim reaper and losing contact. A bank acount would be nice. Immigration does have financial requirements for visas, but they can't protect all people against themselves.

Edited by Jingthing

He should get off is ass. Walk to Robinson's. Or across from there I think Lotus (3 km from there I think on Rama 4) )and buy a shirt, tie and pants, and walk into a language school and teach part-time. There are over a dozen language school in the area all screaming for farang. And no you don't need to be an native speaker to land a teaching job in los.

Or have a work permit? Or any teaching qualifications? Is it that easy to teach in Bangkok?