Saving My Visa For Later

I have just got my new one year ED visa. I understamd that I will have to pay a re-entry fee each time I use it.? As I have to make several (in fact lots and lots) of short visits in and out of Thailand, sometimes for assignments outside Thailand, so technically coming and going as a simple tourist, it will be expensive to pay the reentry fee every time. My question is.. can I continue to use the 30 day exemption even though i have a valid visa in my passport? (for as long as i have days left under the 90 days rule). Has anyone done this successfully? I haven't read anywhere that this is against the rules...

Well, I have done similar with no problem.

I had an O visa which I didn't want to start using yet. So when I arrived by air, I did not put the visa number on the entry card. I also spoke to the officer and told him I wanted to use the visa I had later. He wrote SAVE in pencil next to the visa and stamped me in for 30 days. I don't know if this would always work but it did for me, and have read reports that others have done similar.

I have just got my new one year ED visa. I understamd that I will have to pay a re-entry fee each time I use it.? As I have to make several (in fact lots and lots) of short visits in and out of Thailand, sometimes for assignments outside Thailand, so technically coming and going as a simple tourist, it will be expensive to pay the reentry fee every time. My question is.. can I continue to use the 30 day exemption even though i have a valid visa in my passport? (for as long as i have days left under the 90 days rule). Has anyone done this successfully? I haven't read anywhere that this is against the rules...

Why would you want to do that if you have paid for a Visa.

A multi Re Entry Permit costs 3,800 Baht and enables you to come and go as many times as you want.

Why would you want to do that if you have paid for a Visa.

A multi Re Entry Permit costs 3,800 Baht and enables you to come and go as many times as you want.

That's what I needed to know - I thought it was 1900 for each reentry. Thanks. So I can just request multi when I am going out through the airport?

I have just got my new one year ED visa. I understamd that I will have to pay a re-entry fee each time I use it.?

Your mention of a “one year ED visa” indicates that you obtained a multiple-entry non-ED visa from a Thai consulate. This visa allows you to travel to Thailand an unlimited number of times for one year from the visa’s issue date and on each entry you will receive permission to stay for 90 days. You do not need any re-entry permits.

--

Maestro

I have just got my new one year ED visa. I understamd that I will have to pay a re-entry fee each time I use it.?

Your mention of a "one year ED visa" indicates that you obtained a multiple-entry non-ED visa from a Thai consulate. This visa allows you to travel to Thailand an unlimited number of times for one year from the visa's issue date and on each entry you will receive permission to stay for 90 days. You do not need any re-entry permits.

--

Maestro

Thanks to Maestro and Lite Beer. That is clear now. It was from the Consulate. So no more counting days for me......