Driving Instructor Who Speaks English?

shepsel

Hi

I have been driving all my life in North America and I am just moving to Chiang Mai, and I feel uneasy with driving on the left hand side of the road. I would like to take some confidence building driving lessons for the Thai roads, and would like to know if anyone can recommend a driving instructor who can speak English.

Thank you, in advance for your suggestions.

Driving instructor...??

In Thailand???

I could only imagine what they would teach...

Red light..."go, go!!"

Person crossing in a crosswalk... "go, go!!"

Pass on either the left or right..."go..go!!"

Talk on the phone, do make up, squeeze zit, write notes, look every which way except where you're going..."go, go!!"

It's not too difficult to learn by doing here..just remember that unlike the States, it's not a personel thing here, you won't get shot for cutting someone off, unless it is a farang.

It took me only around 2 days to get the feel of driving on the other side..and it wasn't the driving on the other side..it was having all the equipment on the "other side".

It's kinda fun after a few shots of Jager. :o

Other side? Everyone drives on the other side here - it doesn't matter what side is the right (correct) side, there'll always be someone on the other side doing what you don't expect.

I was on the outer ring road last week doing a u-turn under the bridge in the way you're supposed to when I came face to face with a truck taking what I guess was a short cut. Not only was he driving in the wrong direction on the highway but he wasn't on the left either :o

Edited by Greenside

Hi

I have been driving all my life in North America and I am just moving to Chiang Mai, and I feel uneasy with driving on the left hand side of the road. I would like to take some confidence building driving lessons for the Thai roads, and would like to know if anyone can recommend a driving instructor who can speak English.

What I did when I have to drive in another side is I look for a quiet place (it was on the mountain)and drive around until I begin to make habit with different side of driving then try again and again on normal road.

But if you want driving instructor, I found one you can try to call or search website below;

Address : khumpaya garden home

257/117 Moo 3, Hangdong, Chaing Mai 50230

Tel. 081-6814267

http://trainingcar.blogspot.com/

Hi

Don't waste your time (or money) on a driving instructor here in the realm. They do not know the rules (or the correct way of driving) themselves. I can speak with a little knowledge as I had my GF "taught" (how to drive) just a few short months ago.

And if you have been driving "all your life" (unless you are only now 16 years of age) you are eligible for a Nobel Prize in driving compared with any Thai driving instructor.

Get out on the road and get a few kilometres under your belt. Just watch out for the others on the road.

Edited by john b good

Hi

God.

Never underestimate the power of prayer! And good bumpers! And don't run into anyone riding on something that has but two wheels.

Edited by Mapguy