Yamaha Rx135/z Workshop Manual

SilverShadow

Hi :o

Are you talking about an RXZ here? I don' have such manual but would be nice to know other RXZ riders :D Oh, and i got an original spare parts catalogue.... if that's any help?

Best regards....

Thanh

yea bro that's the RXZ i'm talking about. i'm actually planning to pick one up. they are available a dime a dozen and some of them real cheap here in bangalore. then i plan to go on a modding spree and extract alot of juice out of it. hence i thought the manual would come in handy. could you upload the spares catalogue in rapidshare. it *may* be useful although production of the bike has stopped here in india. :D

Hi :o

Unfortunately the Indian RXZ is VASTLY different from the Japanese/Thai/Malay one.... i have a picture of an Indian one, they are using an entirely different engine, frame, pipe, cockpit etc - but still i will forward the two catalogues i have to you, preferably by e-mail (they are pdf files) as i have problems using rapidshare from Thailand.

I ride an RXZ but a Thai one, made to Japanese specs.

I will send the files as soon as i am at home (still at work now).

Kind regards.....

Thanh

Hello again :o

Hmm i need your e-mail so i can send you those - one file is 850 KB, the other 1.3 MB. Please send it to me by PM.

Attached a couple of pictures - first one is a regular Thai RXZ (identical to Japanese and Malay model, except in Malaysia they have newer versions too, yet unchanged engine/frame) and second picture is the Indian model. Different:

Japan/Thai/Malay model: 20 HP, old 5-Speed, newer 6-Speed.

Indian model: 14 HP, old 4-Speed, newer 5-Speed.

An unrelated question, maybe you can help me - do you know what is the going rate for an Enfield "Fury", any condition/year but running engine? I used to have the one it was built after, the German Zundapp KS 175 :D Also i sold (in Germany) de-tuned Enfield "Sprinter" (Zundapp CS 25).

With kind regards......

Thanh

post-13387-1221575771_thumb.jpg

post-13387-1221575792_thumb.jpg

you have PM :o

the enfield fury is one dam_n rare bike here. i've seen 2 in bangalore. one of them belonged to a guy i was working with a long time ago but insisted he didn't want to sell, so i guess he wouldn't give you his engine! lol

it'll be pretty hard to get a fury engine here. if i get to know i'll inform you. how does one ship it there but?

• 1 year later...
Thanks for sending me the pdf files.

Almost everything looks similar like indian version of RXZ and Rx135.

In your RXZ version is it possible to fit 6 speed transmission to old 5speed or use new RXZ bore to old RXZ?

Hi.

But the Indian RXZ is vastly different, it uses a similar frame to the RX and also the engine is more like that of the RX (or RXK, here in Thailand known as "Concord"). Also the Indian RXZ exhaust pipe is more or less identical to that of the RX/RXK.

I do not know if in those engines the five-speed can be converted to six-speed as easily as with our RXZ's here (which are precisely the "Japan type" and are in this form still produced in Malaysia and Japan). The engines are entirely different.

As to the bore, as the Indian RXZ engines look like RXK engines i assume that the cylinder ("block") of the Japan type RXZ can not be used - RXK has a shorter stroke and larger bore. You can however bore up a Japan-type block so it accepts an RXK piston - the result is 150cc displacement :) The compression height and overall length of the pistons is identical. This bored-up block will then again only fit a Japan-type RXZ, i am running one such block on one of my RXZ's.

Basically you can say that the Indian RXZ is a development of the RX/RXK while the Japanese/Malay/Thai RXZ is a development of the RD 125, completely different bikes even though they look somewhat similar thanks to similar tanks, seats and side panels/tail covers.

Kind regards....

your Thanh

Thanks for all the info.

I guess i should buy this 6 speed bore, gearbox and do experiment with my RX135 5 Speed.

How much does 6 Speed, 5 Speed new old bike cost in Thai?

And what is the cost of New or Old bore or any old engine from junk yard?

Is there any place were i can import this spare parts?

Regards,

Shodan

Edited by nxvir

Hi :)

Thank you :D There is a lot of work and love in those two bikes which, apart from myself, probably nobody would appreciate.... the black one, for instance, was a poor heap of scrap metal when i got it :D The bike thanks me for rescuing it by being reliable like no other, in just over three years i did 52,000 Kilometers on it - Bangkok traffic only! That one is my daily driver, currently i add 50 kilometers every single day and it has never broken down even once. Granted i sunk some 30k Baht in it for initial repairs and modifications, but apart from that it is only normal maintenance - tyres, chains, sprockets, brake pads and the occasional bearing (specially rear wheel bearings). Since pretty exactly 21,000 kilometers i run a bored-up block on it which generates about twice the stock horsepower (it is also ported) and that makes the bike a "sleeper" - looks slow and gentle but goes like a screaming fury if i want to.

Sadly "special parts" like the rear box rack, the meter set on the red one, the sticker sets etc i have to import from Singapore as no such accessories are available in Thailand at all. Here the RXZ is just "an old bike" while in Singapore and Malaysia, where they are still available brand new (Yamaha still makes them!) they have a huge fan base.

Best regards.....

Thanh

• 1 month later...
Hi.

I repeat.. it is NOT a manual but a PARTS CATALOGUE that i have. And to mail it to you i need your e-mail address, please send me a PM with it.

Kind regards.....

Thanh

dude..can u email me the rxz part catalogue please..im rebuilding my bike..i would really need that..thanx in advance..

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

@Thanh Which version engine is this RXK or RD 125 type? This 6 speed engine has been set to indian RXZ

post-96760-1274493639_thumb.jpg

post-96760-1274493614_thumb.jpg

Hi, i'm from Indonesia, i'm rebuliding rxz motor so i need the catalog of RXZ.

Could u help me sending the catalog in pdf if u have one?thank you for your help,

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...