Tourist Visa Refusal – Girlfriend Refused At Aus

Its a well known fact. Not only Thais get rejected, but many from other countries get rejected. Even the USA Embassy is tough on foreigners trying to enter USA>

Listen, FIRST OF ALL ON YOUR LIST

How many red flags are you tossing to the embassy official who is going to review your application?????????

Put yourself in his shoes, and turn the situation completely around. Many come to you with the same applications, and they have the stats to prove how many have misled the Embassy on keeping their word etc, and many not abide by the rules etc. Then you can understand their reasoning to basically reflect of what is going on.

Also red flags can be such as follows:

She is single,

She does not have a sufficient bank account

She does not have a full time job of minimum of 3 years

She has nothing in Thailand worth wanting to return or needing to return

She has no assets of value of which to back up her status.

She is a student in some school

She never was married and has no family

She is young for her age

She is not completely established in Thailand

and many more. These are REAL RED FLAGS THE EMBASSY SEES!!!!!!

With so many, yes she will be denied entry.

Sorry to say this but I encountered a heck of a lot of problems with the USA embassy myself, just getting my wife from the Philippines into USA 14 years ago.

Daveyo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a well known fact.  Not only Thais get rejected, but many from other countries get rejected.  Even the USA Embassy is tough on foreigners trying to enter USA> 

How many red flags are you tossing to the embassy official who is going to review your application?????????

Put yourself in his shoes, and turn the situation completely around.  Many come to you with the same applications, and they have the stats to prove how many have misled the Embassy on keeping their word etc, and many not abide by the rules etc.  Then you can understand their reasoning to basically reflect of what is going on.

She is single,

She is young for her age

and many more.  These are REAL RED FLAGS THE EMBASSY SEES!!!!!!

Sorry to say this but I encountered a heck of a lot of problems with the USA embassy myself, just getting my wife from the Philippines into USA 14 years ago.

Daveyo

Just a little note, if I may: the application is first reviewed by the local staff. Thais, employed with the Embassy.

IMO, they have an axe to grind against their countrymen and the questions in the above post just look bigger.

Also, sometimes, they might be doing a favour to a girl by not giving her the visa.

Once the locals have made their decission/recommendation, it is not easy for the more senior staff to turn it around.

Dave get with the program and dont post waffle, some of your red flag statements are absolutely ridiculous.

my favourite, "She is young for her age", think about it.

another beautie, "She is not completely established in Thailand", huh :o

defies description, "She never was married and has no family" dooh :D

"She is a student in some school", I don't think so.

"She does not have a full time job of minimum of 3 years", where did you get the 3 years from ?

I suggest you read your posts more thoroughly.

think_too_mut, I agree with your post, but wonder how hard it is for the senior staff to overturn a decision, is it a loss of face for the CW or just laziness on their part ?.

one thing i have always wanted to know..is if any of these case oficers or their families have ever applied for an aussie visa..

would like to know firstly how long the visa took and secondly were these people treated like crap..the same as most people who go and apply for an aussie visa

Its a well known fact.  Not only Thais get rejected, but many from other countries get rejected.  Even the USA Embassy is tough on foreigners trying to enter USA> 

Put yourself in his shoes, and turn the situation completely around.  Many come to you with the same applications, and they have the stats to prove how many have misled the Embassy on keeping their word etc, and many not abide by the rules etc.  Then you can understand their reasoning to basically reflect of what is going on.

She is single,

She is young for her age

and many more.  These are REAL RED FLAGS THE EMBASSY SEES!!!!!!

Daveyo

Pearls of wisdom from our Dave :D . Now you all know the way to do it :o

Just a little note, if I may: the application is first reviewed by the local staff. Thais, employed with the Embassy.

IMO, they have an axe to grind against their countrymen and the questions in the above post just look bigger.

Also, sometimes, they might be doing a favour to a girl by not giving her the visa.

Once the locals have made their decission/recommendation, it is not easy for the more senior staff to turn it around.

I believe the review is for complete and correct application - the visa decisions will be made by the consular officer. There is no face to lose as long as the local hire did not allow obviously bad paperwork through. There would be no need for an interview if the local hire made the decision.

I believe the review is for complete and correct application - the visa decisions will be made by the consular officer. There is no face to lose as long as the local hire did not allow obviously bad paperwork through. There would be no need for an interview if the local hire made the decision.

The interviews are made by local employees and decisions are made on the spot by them in most cases, the word processed letter comes back with a scrawled signature per Gemma jackson in most cases.

The interviews are made by local employees and decisions are made on the spot by them in most cases, the word processed letter comes back with a scrawled signature per Gemma jackson in most cases.

Ouch! Are you saying interview is done by Thai local employee? If that is the case it is very different than US Embassy where they are done by a consular officer and can see serious problems with any such system.

I think we are the only embassy that give the locals full reign, the poms have a one local and one expat interview team, the americans as you have suggested Lop are different again.

Another thread containing details of all the embassies in Bkk might be usefull.

Any thoughts please members :o

As an Aussie, if your application was genuine, I can only say sorry.

But had you were an Aussie yourself it might have been a different matter - but 2 "foreigners " applying might haver been a bit much for them.

Please put yourself in their shoes and think it through - what incentive is there for your girl friend or even you for that matter, to return to Thailand.

Todate I have had 3 applications for visas to Aust. for my wife granted (same day) - the first one we weren't married at the time - 1 visa to the Uk and have just had a spouse visa issued for Aust.

Assuming you can afford to visit etc etc etc - I really think it comes down to "WILL YOU COME BACK" or o/stay the visa.

I did not see any Aussies at the counter. The second layer was also a Thai woman, the manager.

I did not see any Aussies at the counter. The second layer was also a Thai woman, the manager.

Use your lawful ( I hope ) taxpayers right to see a member of the Public Service at the Embassy.

C'mon Pat you are are trying to incite a reasonable debate here.

Lets stick to the facts as an Oz taxpayer you have no rights in this embassy, and I was told this by a CW khun W&^%dee which later proved to be her undoing.

There are only about 2 people who consistently post positive about the embassy results, and why is that.??

But any way lets clear the way for future applicants, my thoughts are CW, review the application on it's merits , dont make your mind up before the facts have been assimilated and a fair judgment can be made, and if you are wrong then give the right decision.

Hello from Vienna!

I can't comment exactly visa for Australia but in general I would say avoid telephoning to any Consulate before the application is handed over. Most foreign ministries has a homepage and is possible to contact in a written form.If writing use only letters with registre number!!!!!(Keep the number for future letters)

Try to clear most questions before applying but again these questions should be answered in writing.(Letter or Email)"The medicine is",even Embassy staff can't escape from written information especially not if signed by an attache or simmilar.

In most countries there are rules of the needed assets for getting a visa but don't forget to buy her an insurance covering health,and possible returntickets if the Australian Immigration decides from an unknown reason to send her back. The process might cost XXXXX GP.

In Austria if inviting somebody who needs visa the Consulate require health certificate,police clearance certificate,travelinsurance that covers all expensies for return inclusive lawyers etc.The invited person will need to prove that he or she has no reason not to go back to his homeland. Often the inviting person forgets that he or she has to cover financially for the situation that the girl escapes after a disagrement.In most countries sending a foreign citizen back will cost a lot of money for tickets,lawyer,hotels,food and you name it. Few individuals can cover such expensies without a special insurance.

By the way it is well known that both GB and Australia belongs to a group of countries where it is difficult to get visa.Germany is a third. In most countries in Europe it is seldom a Thai citizen gets visa for more than 2-3 weeks.

On the second hand at the Austrian Embassy a forreign citizen will never be called in to an interview. But a lot of documents and documents again are required,translated,legalised and overlegalised.

An important experience of mine is also that the relation between Thai staff at the consulate and a person applying for visa often is "infected".If refering to written documents from the consul or similar they will get "helpful" very soon.

Best Regards

Henning

The only reason im replying is cause of our experince with my countrys embasey here as well (spelling sucks today sorry). I am canadian and i am married now for almost 2 years. first time we went to get her visa the lady actualy had the same thoughts saying she didnt feel like granting it based on same said reasons above. thats when i told her she is not my canadian rep and not even canadian and i wanted my canadian rep right now. poof nice man walks in and asks whats the problem. told him this lady was saying no cause she felt my wife was not suited to canada and may not come back. my rep looked at the case file and letters of her employer and her previous traveling in passport. was told then to come back next day for her visa. done. now not all are going to be like that im sure. but does it get your blood pumping when its not your countrys real rep there but a local saying no????

• 6 years later...

Hello Henning,Just a quick one, a very good friend of mine has obtained a visa for Austria, she is a Thai national and she asked me about visiting Germany whilst in Austria, do you know if this is possible or not?

Will she have to visit the German embassy in Vienna? or can she move freely around mainland Europe?

Thank you in advance

Kevin

ps im not being vague about what sort of visa she got, as i have been away this weekend to the lakes in Chiang Mai where their is no phone or internet connections !

I'm not sure why you revived a seven year old topic to ask this!

However, the answer is that both Austria and Germany are part of the Schengen Area and so she can travel between the two; plus any other Schengen state with her Schengen visa.

Thanks for such a quick reply, I will pass this info on to her

Cheers Kevin