Bistro Eurogourmet

JohnBKKK

Made a new Batch of baked Cheesecake yesterday for the Bistro and chefsxp - based on Philadelfia + German Quark + whipping cream + Raisons with a Pineapple glazed top coating - very satisfying + full flavor

This one has a base - slices are quite large and will certainly fill you up anyone who loves cheese cake will love this one - made it in a square format for easier packging (and un-packing) and so it will not suffer during transportation by chefsxp

post-30681-1224034941_thumb.png

Edited by JohnBKKK

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi John,

I heard a roumor that your Bistro is running so well that you are going to open branches in Shopping Malls

any idea where and when

thanks

Seppl :D

:D did you have too ??

we are looking at 2 locations right now since we have been invited to do something there .... am not going to say more until shortly before opening .. and we have also been invited to sell our produce fresh at a large mall in a street i simply can not pronaunce the name off .. Ngamwongwan road - been there to look at the location and it seems good, a very busy mall so I decided to start there as of Nov. 01. 2008 - if I can ever find the place again :o

John

As of tomorrow, Friday the 17th October, we are introducing a further Desert item to our menu at the Bistro and ChefsXP

YES, Mince Pies ..... may be a bit early for Xmas, but I always found that this great Pie should be available all year round :o I make our own mince meat with raisons dates cherries apple yellow raisons and lots of whiskey in which the lot soaks for weeks or month's with demerera sugar and spices ..the ones with the cherry on top have an additional sugar/lemon layer on top and are a bit sweeter than the once without

now we have 3 items in our desert menu - apple pie - cheese cake - mince pies

post-30681-1224170409_thumb.jpg post-30681-1224170594_thumb.png post-30681-1224169703_thumb.png

For the once who don't know mince pies - there is no mince (meat) in them - the name originates from a long time ago in England when they actually did contain minced meat and fruits later this changed to only fruit, but the name remained - they are traditionally eaten around Xmas time but I find there is no reason why one should not eat them any time since they are delicious. We serve them with a Whiskey Cream sauce.

Edited by JohnBKKK

Hi,

this is my favorite Breakfast and so I have decided to add it to the Bistro's all day Breakfast menu - 2 large American Pancakes made with sour Cream - each about 1cm+ thick - with real, imported Gauda Cheese and 4 crispy rashers of our dry cured smoked Bacon "sandwiched inbetween" - on the side we serve 2 slices of toasted Baguette -

Important - on Chefsxp we will serve it with 2 eggs scrambled since I'm afraid the sunny side may arrive without the sun intact - at the Bistro it will be served with 2 Eggs sunny side up or scrambled - as ordered

The picture is off my breakfast this morning and with the substantial Pancake "sandwich " I have enough with one egg :o

It's gonna be aptly called "The Chef's favorite Breakfast"

post-30681-1224385013_thumb.png

p.s. its equally great as a lunch or dinner - the picture was taken on a large, standard dinner plate

Edited by JohnBKKK

Better change the name to "mincemeat" pies. Cuz the poms & the aussies think a mince pie is made from ground meat. Sheep or beef usually.

Hi Dotcom

always found that the description "mincemeat" pie is even more confusng for any none English person who would read the "meat" part and conclude the obvious - the mouseover description explains the product on chefsxp and hopefully will be sufficient.

John

just to point it out again, the ones with the cherry on top are not better, just sweeter - I made the others not too sweet and they are absolutely great hot with the whiskey/custard sauce

I have now added a Szegediner Hunters Pork Goulash to our Bistro menu as an alternative to the Beef Goulash - its made with succulent Pork red Bell Peppers a modest amonunt of mild chilli peppers, mushrooms and after a long slow cooking process its an absolut flavor bomb - before serving we add some Sauerkraut as it is traditon we serve it like the Beef Goulash with Potato Gnochies

Edited by JohnBKKK

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay, been a bit busy, just wanted to say how much the wife and I enjoyed our lamb in pitta the other Saturday.

Can't wait to try the mince pies and the cheesecake with a base. And the new breakfast looks good too, so maybe that will be my lunch on Saturday with two desserts. And some weissbier.

Sadly, the wife can't make it as she has to go to a an all day and half the night tam boon session, involving listening to three hundred monks praying. She did say I could go if I wanted, but I selflessly turned down the opportunity to detarnish my immortal soul in order to come and support your business! I'll probably come back as an ant and it's all your fault.

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay, been a bit busy, just wanted to say how much the wife and I enjoyed our lamb in pitta the other Saturday.

Can't wait to try the mince pies and the cheesecake with a base. And the new breakfast looks good too, so maybe that will be my lunch on Saturday with two desserts. And some weissbier.

Sadly, the wife can't make it as she has to go to a an all day and half the night tam boon session, involving listening to three hundred monks praying. She did say I could go if I wanted, but I selflessly turned down the opportunity to detarnish my immortal soul in order to come and support your business! I'll probably come back as an ant and it's all your fault.

Hi there,

looking forward to seeing you on Saturday .... really delighted that you pass on the joyfull occasion of listening to 300 Monks chanting to come to the Bistro :o but your pallet will thank you for it :D even if you may return as an ant in your next life mea culpa I take it upon my soul to be the cause of this missfortune :D however, sorry the missus won't be there .. love seeing her enjoy farang food :D

John

order Eurogourmet Products via Chefsxp on line for only 60.00 Baht delivery with no surcharge chefsxp

Edited by JohnBKKK

Some folks ordered a vegetarian version of Pasta Amatriciana so I made it for the Bistro for tomorrow, Saturday the 25th/10/ since I had Pecorino cheese anyway - even though its veggy, its gonne be a culinary experience - I'm serving it with a topping of "Caviar of Aubergine" and freshly grated Pecorino (there is plenty in the sauce already - as a starter they have asked for deep fried Camembert

Prepared 9 portions of each - 4 are already booked - 1 is my dinner tonight and 4 are available, tomorrow at the Bistro ! (not on chefsxp since this is a special!)

John

Pasta Amatriciana - thick Spaghetti - the sauce is based on extra virgin olive oil with onions and plenty of garlic sauted - fresh skinned de-seeded tomato's and de-seeded finely chopped red chilly peppers (its not hot) - Pecorino cheese added and left to cool - Spagetti gonna be cooked at the Bistro tomorrow when ordered - the Caviar of Aubergine lends it an extra flavor level to replace the italian bacon -

The Camembert is breaded and than deep fried until crispy and the inside is beautifully soft - served with garlic bread

Amatriciana - a real culinary delight

post-30681-1224860716_thumb.png

Edited by JohnBKKK

don't want to bother you, but do you know in the meantime where you will open another Bistro in Bkk ?

think this might interest a lot of folks here

:o

Hi Sepple

not yet, past experience has shown that it is better to wait until it has happened before anouncing such deals

Just finished a batch of Cornish pasty's - will be available at the Bistro as of tomrrow and hopefully on chefsxp as well - beef potato onion - kept it fully traditional

sorry about the picture quality something amiss wit the camera

post-30681-1225186752_thumb.png

made the crust rather thin so noone can complain about a thick crust but it tastes great as well - shortcrust pastry with plenty of butter and the filling is moist and ...... well judge for yourselfs

Our Burgers are so popular that we are also launching a new additional Beef Burger this week -

The huge Charcoal BBQ'd Burger - its a Giant among Burgers - 500G of BBQ'd pure Beef with imported Emmental Cheese B 395.00 (at chefsxp +VAT)

If you love Burgers and are really hungry that's the one for you! Its made with 2 250G Beef Burgers and a good helping of Emmental - its huge - its the best deal in BKK

John's favorite Breakfast

Decided to "suffer" :o for my art this morning and make another of my favorite Breakfasts since I had a number of calls and PM's about the inside of the pancake-sandwich .. well here we go ... boy was that delicious :D

post-30681-1225243592_thumb.pngpost-30681-1225243624_thumb.png

Two large American Pancakes the butter made with Quark - sandwiched in-between are 4 rashers of our dry cured smoked Bacon - imported Gauda Cheese -

on top you will find 2 scrambled free range eggs or if you happen to be at the Bistro you ca also ask for sunny side up -

Cheese Platter - Ploughmans Lunch

currently only avaiable at the Bistro - Camembert + Emmental Cheese served with a mix of baguette and home baked Rye - pickles ... butter etc

available in small (1/2 French Camembert + 2 slices of Emmental) or large (whole Camembert + 4 slices of Emmental)

Fried Camembert breaded and deep fried french Camembert

available as 1/1 Camembert for B 240.00 or 1/2 Camembert for B 120.00 served with GArlic Bread

post-30681-1225262752_thumb.jpg

available also through Chefsxp

Edited by JohnBKKK

I had to sacrifice myself again tonight :o .. needed a picture of our 500G Burger ... so I had to eat it after I took the picture... here it is:....errm was .... I think I will skip breakfast tomorrow

post-30681-1225455485_thumb.png

available at the Bistro and through chefsxp

Edited by JohnBKKK

I have judged your cornish pasty like you asked it's a total disgrace why cook something you know nothing about?

I expect your normal i know everything sarcastic reply.

Hi,

I have no problem with your cmment since I had enough british customers eat it today at the Bistro and got their positive comments. If you do have something negative to say, so be it, but I would be interested to know what in your opinion was "the disgrace" ????

I do not know everyting, with millions of different recipes around just in Europe, but I do research if I do not know it and this recipe is the result of such research + I have eaten a few pasty's before in the UK, some were bad, some were OK ..

The pastry is a short crust made with plenty of butter and the filling is based on an original recipe ... if you criticise you should eleaborate - was it the pastry ? was the filling not to your liking? ....

Edited by JohnBKKK

Ok the filling.

If i wanted beef i would order a pie.

Aha, so I assume the pastry was fine adn the taste too but I put too much beef in ..... mea culpa next time I will reduce the beef contend and put more veggies in I ment well by using a lot of beef, about 50% and 50% potatoes + onions

I was informed by my friend in CW that lower quality pasty's have a sort of mashed content but better quality ones actually have chunks of beef and the potatoes are also still chunky and recognisable and to be honest, using mushy filling would make the production a lot easier, especially the crimping since the short crust pastry is while un-baked very sensitive and when crimping one reduces the size - causing the chunks of beef at times to penetrate the pastry - a mushy filling would be easier but I was told by customers at the Bistro today that they all prefere the chunky version...

Edited by JohnBKKK

Your missing the point John cornish pasty's are not made with stewing steak, chuck steak or whatever steak you want to call it. I give up call it a cornish pasty call it a john's pasty call it whatever but tomorrow i will have mcdonalds at least i know what crap i'm eating. Goodnight

Your missing the point John cornish pasty's are not made with stewing steak, chuck steak or whatever steak you want to call it. I give up call it a cornish pasty call it a john's pasty call it whatever but tomorrow i will have mcdonalds at least i know what crap i'm eating. Goodnight

Well, traditionally skirt is used and that's exactly what I did ..... well I wish you bone appetite with your Mc Donalds oh well I'm tempted to answer your insult above in a very different way but you are stating that CORNISH PASTY IS NOT MADE WITH STEAK MEAT which is total bullshit and shows that you have no idea and are not qualified and yes, you are shurely better off at McDonlads

From wikipedia:

While there are no completely standard pasty ingredients, the traditional recipe includes diced steak, finely sliced onion, and potato

Traditionally skirt steak is used, although sometimes other cuts can be found. Pasties made with Ground beef or beef mince are also common and are often sold alongside steak pasties as a cheaper alternative.

Edited by JohnBKKK

Believe me i know i am. Not just your pasty's by the way.

well your unfounded comments above prove otherwise ... here is a simple solution, move your business to McDonalds and may be KFC and you will always get what you expect and what suits your personal taste

At least they are cooked fresh and not re-heated from god knows how long ago they were made.

Again you are talking bullshit .. the pasty's were made fresh on Thursday and vacuum packed straight away .. another totally unfounded comment for whatever reason you may have so please stop this bullshit and go away .. I do not want to waste anymore time with this

If i wanted frozen food i would go to tesco's cold department. I like things cooked fresh not warmed up vacuumed packed or not!

now how many pints did you have tonight?? we do not freeze our pies or the new pasty's we don't even have a freezer at the Bistro ... you are a ..... oh well again, please stop this bullshit go to McDonalds where you think the burger patties are freshly made every day and be happy

Edited by JohnBKKK