World Carnival Bangkok

taxidriver

I went to the world carnival right next to the impact arena tonight. It's quite good and there are some pretty good rides and games there, for example G-force was my favourite, at 200 bt a go. A little bit pricey,but worth it. Go on, go and win the Mrs or kid a jumbo size teddy bear or put them on a fast ride. Beats Dreamworld, but it's only here for 3 months, 4pm - midnight.

How do you get there from say the World Trade Centre?

By taxi is probably the easiest.

G-force 200 bht , bungi 400bht, i don't know about you, i wouldn't pay that much to ride those, what a rip-off,

500bht at Oishi is more better

My wife was naging me to go and I wasn't aware of the prices until we got there. It doesn't hurt to splash out now & again.

Beats Dreamworld, but it's only here for 3 months, 4pm - midnight.

Will it still be there in the beginning of January? I know you said 3 months but when did those 3 months start?

My missus has never been to something like that and would love to go, I may just take her!

Not sure, but Impact Arena is near the motor show right(don't know that part of Bkk well)? Plan to make a day of drooling over cars and head there in the evening. I have read there is no Holden stall, but yet they have Skoday, <deleted> ? Oh well, have to check out the Chevy stall instead as i have been told they have the Lumina(Commodore) on disply.

70 ft in the air, upside down, and spinning around, praying that the metal cage holds me on this ride and I wouldn't be in the Thaivisa news clippings section tomorrow, and the gf next to me, telling me that I gotta tell the guy to stop the ride. ridiculous F**king woman.

Ok, recerse bunjee good, fair price, 350 baht, same as the UK now, but it's Uk equipment, all shipped over here with English operators and when your shooting up 265 feet in the air, that's a comfort factor worth paying for!

Haven't tried G force yet, but will get round to it, looks like the maddest ride there.

Games are a cheat, not only hard to play as expected but expensive so save the cash for the rides.

Word of warning.

I'm never one to say the Thais are cheaters, they are as honest or not as the rest of us I've always found but on both me and another farang friend were cheated at the token exchange bit when we tried to change a reasonable sum of money. Pretty obvious they were on the take too from the way they tried to make the cheat and how quickly they sorted it out without question or apology when caught out both times. I never have much hassle like that in Thailand so bit of a shitty thing about it.

Worth going, but expect to spend a bit, and have wobbly legs after.

This is the Ratchada one I went to by the way.

You can see it from our balcony...

The smell of Hotdogs is great at night... :-)

There is a picture I took here.

http://www.extremesportscafe.com/news.html

They have just brought another big wheel that was on Wireless road up here and appear to be clearing yet more space and concreting on what used to be part of the grassy area surrounding the lake in Muang Thong.

Personally it looks great and is beautiful to look at at night.

It's a shame about all the grassy area that people used to fly kites, planes and the like on are now a concrete car park, but then I guess that was going to happen for the new hotel that is being built.. Traffic is going to get progressively worse in Muang Thong in the next year or so... Perhaps we should start lookig to rent our condo out and get another one elsewhere! Bah Progress!!!

With regard to the Fair...

I have no intention of paying those prices, and I think it is a shame they could not work a price out that would take into account all Thai people, not just the rich ones. Shame.

TRAVEL ADVICE: Get a taxi to the top of the road joining Chang Wattana to Tiwanon, which has the "Muang Thong Thani Housing Project" on it. It is called 'Bond Street', or 'Thinking Street' but no taxi driver seems to know that name. If you say Muang Thong Thani, then say Pakkred / Tiwanon they generally have an idea. You can always elaborate by saying you want to go to the street with the big condos in it and not the Impact condos. Most taxi drivers then know where you mean. Then catch a Song Thaw down to IMPACT.

The traffic is absolutely awful once you get into Muang Thong, or any where around Impact and you'll spend half your dosh sitting in queues in the Taxi and wasting your evening.

If you can wait til Jan / Feb when everyone is bored of it that is the best idea!!!

They might even have some different pricing policies by then.. but I doubt it!!

scratt :o