Worldwide Offshore Account (hsbc, Citybank,...)

Moving again to be posted in another country, India this time.

Considered opening an offshore current account to avoid the opening and closing of accounts at every move.

Any experiences to share or advise for me ?

please define "offshore current account".

Depending what you want your offshore account for, is it for basic living or saving, or investment.

I bank in Fortis Bank Luxembourg for my salary and my slush fund is in a saving account there.

HSBC in Isle of Man is a normal current account and I do not pay 20 quid a month charges.

I use this account for basic living expences for my Kids Uni and all that bull.

Any extra I put in to different saving schemes outside them banks.

With the HSBC International you will have to read the small print like every bank read before you open, as there is more charges than you think.

I am with the normal HSBC Bank Isle of Man which is still Goverened by the Isle of Man and being a none Resident for 28 years, its the best way for me.

We are all different due to our working circumstances. I am know expert but I am safe this way.

• 2 weeks later...

Considered opening an offshore current account to avoid the opening and closing of accounts at every move.

an offshore account meant for handling daily expenses worldwide, with credit and debit card

Citibank international personal banking in Singapore, been with then for a few years and excellent service always....Was with HSBC and the service is <deleted>*king dire and the fees are excessive for what you get...

CIPB...maintain US$25,000 in the account, no banking fees, can have multiple currency accounts under your principle US$, ATM card, C/C if you want it, interest bearing (ok, not a great rate)

Best move I ever made ditching HSBC and moving to CIPB

an offshore account meant for handling daily expenses worldwide, with credit and debit card

drop "offshore" because you are talking about an ordinary current account. i suggest you try UOB in Singapore.