Hold-up At Big A Supermarket, Koh Phangan

Falang or local??

Farang.

Apparently he stole 30,000 Baht from Big A's on Sat, and was picked up by police on Sunday 10pm.

On the subject of crime, does anyone have any details about a KPG Thai woman that was allegedly robbed of 80,000 Baht and some gold jewelry, then raped and murdered in Samui today?

Daily News September 23.

Police were called to 'Bigger supermarket' on Phangan island just after midnight on September 21 where they found Mr Aphichart Linsuwan, aged 36, the owner of the store, and Ms Saisunee Sukhopan, aged 22, the cashier, in a state of shock.

The cashier said a European, aged between 40 to 45 had come up to the counter, and brandishing a gun ordered her to give him the cash, about 20,000 baht, in the till.

He then fled on a motorbike.

Later police arrested Mr David Cooper, an Englishman aged 48, at the ferry pier. He was found to be in possession of a number of fake bullets.

He was charged with armed robbery but denied the offence.

Daily News September 23.

Police were called to 'Bigger supermarket' on Phangan island just after midnight on September 21 where they found Mr Aphichart Linsuwan, aged 36, the owner of the store, and Ms Saisunee Sukhopan, aged 22, the cashier, in a state of shock.

The cashier said a European, aged between 40 to 45 had come up to the counter, and brandishing a gun ordered her to give him the cash, about 20,000 baht, in the till.

He then fled on a motorbike.

Later police arrested Mr David Cooper, an Englishman aged 48, at the ferry pier. He was found to be in possession of a number of fake bullets.

He was charged with armed robbery but denied the offence.

Yesterday I went to samui by Seatran Ferry at 6:30 am and i saw him inside the boat with two policeman. :o

You should let them know Boater. I imagine this would make interesting fodder for the papers in the UK to sensationalize.

Hmmm could be an interesting one for The Sun....

Sun, Sea, Sex and Shotguns......

has anyone even got the Thai Link for this story???? .........

Bannork got it off the printed Daily News,. So far none of the other papers have picked it up, which is quite surprising.

I take it the Daily News is the Thai newspaper, have they not go a link on there website???

Maybe i will contact me old chum in the Brit Embassey tomorrow to find out the score....

As i believe he may have paid his way out already if not mentioned in the press.... or has a bloody good lawyer

Bannork got it off the printed Daily News,. So far none of the other papers have picked it up, which is quite surprising.

I take it the Daily News is the Thai newspaper, have they not go a link on there website???

Maybe i will contact me old chum in the Brit Embassey tomorrow to find out the score....

As i believe he may have paid his way out already if not mentioned in the press.... or has a bloody good lawyer

maybe the man was mentally ill. not many people would hold up a super market here for the same money as 500 pounds. unless there were retarded or desperate for drugs

theres a scottish guy doing 3 years in samui jail ,for stealing a bottle of scotch from a hotel ,whats this guy gonna get for armed robbery..

I feel bad for this guy.

Its easy to read the above post and assume the guy sneaked into a hotel at night, forced open the steel shutters to the hotel bar and grabbed a bottle of Hennesy XO before legging it.

Actauly the poor sod was just a p1ssed up guy who was actualy STAYING at the hotel. After a couple hours full on fun with his bar fine that night, he staggered to the hotel bar by the pool, which was closed. A security guard was sitting there. He asked if he could buy some whisky, the guard said no. So the guy took a bottle and said "Let them know i have taken it, im in room XX ill pay tommorow for the whole bottle"

There was no abbuse, no aggresive confrontation, no shouting. It was a drunk young tourist having a laugh.

The security guard calls the police and the guy gets lifted. The court case was swift and all the judge considered was 'ferang breaks into hotel bar steels booze" When he should have considered "Ferang staying at hotel gets alarmingly drunk, helps himself to booze behind bar with no shutters or locks and informs security he has taken it and will pay when bar opens"

3 years man. A regular drunk tourist having a wild holiday makes a bad judgment call and gets 3 farking years.

Dont get me wrong. It was a daft thing to do but at best, he should have had the hotel managment knocking his door in the morning asking for payment and making it clear if he did anything like that again, he would be evicted from the hotel.

3 years! The last time I was in Samui i was toying with the idea of finding out the guys name etc so i could go visit him - thats how bad i feel for the poor guy.

Enter the Thai Visa Right Wing brigade posting 'Let the ferang kee nok rot in prison bah humbug......'