Taking Pretty New Boxed Computer Parts To America

Dancali

I just got a new laptop so I have no use for my desktop anymore. I plan on putting back the parts in their boxes and taking them back to America with me where I can hopefully sell them. I just got this stuff new less than a year ago so there's some pretty good stuff, all with their original boxes:

10,000 rpm sata raptor hd (74gb)

2.8c P4

ASUS P4P800-SE Motherboard

256 ddr ram x 2

Would Thailand or American customs have any problem with all these boxed goods in my luggage?

Thanks.

Would Thailand or American customs have any problem with all these boxed goods in my luggage?

Thanks.

Thai customs certainly won't care. As for US Customs, as long as the total value of the parts fits within your import exemption, they won't care either. If you could scare up some 'receipts,' to help establish the value of the parts, particularly in that you say they look new, that would no doubt be useful in speeding your clearance.

Just get ready for the new security these days.

No shoes, belt, coat etc.

Man...life was great before 9/11... :o

Yeah, American airport security is not fun. I always get paranoid that maybe I did something wrong I don't know about and I'll get in trouble. Last time I went back, I was stupid enough to declare the $90 or whatever worth of stuff I was bringing through. This gave the bored security guy an excuse to go through my bags and ask me questions. He asked me what university I went to, then asked me the mascot as a way to try to catch me lying in the act. Pretty ridiculous really.

Any idea how much one is allowed to bring through in dollar terms? These parts cost me more than $500 when I bought them 8 months ago.