Online Masters Course

sensei

Greetings!

I would like to ask if anyone here knows of an online masters course?

I would appreciate any recommendations. I would like to get a masters degree in education from a legitimate and recognized school. It would be a big bonus if it is not too expensive.

Thanks in advance!

Sensei

Greetings!

I would like to ask if anyone here knows of an online masters course?

I would appreciate any recommendations. I would like to get a masters degree in education from a legitimate and recognized school. It would be a big bonus if it is not too expensive.

Thanks in advance!

Sensei

Some of my friends did the online masters. It was a lot of work, and very convenient for adults that are working/teaching overseas, or even in-country, for that matter.

However.... you need to make sure that online EFL Master's are still being accepted universally. Some schools and institutions are not recognizing them, and insisting on "on-site" master's that involve teaching practice, etc.

This may not be a trend, or it may be a trend.

University of Wollongong in Australia. It used to be ranked as the best university in Australia for the faculty of education. You need to do a total of 8 courses, or units, whatever you want to call them. 4 units will give you a grad cert. An additional 2, so 6 in total will give you a grad diploma. And, a total of 8 will give you a masters. The degree will be called a Masters degree in Education, MEd. You can select from a few majors, but they do offer TESOL. I think it can be done entirely online, I think................... At worst, I read somewhere, but it may be for a programme offered by a different uni, that you will need to attend for 1 week. I can't remember. Anyway, the total cost in AUD is not much. I worked it out to be 6,000 AUD total. A international MEd from a dodgy Thai uni might even cost more than that. If you can't finish, you can also graduate with a grad cert or a grad diploma in education. After I finish my BA, that is what MEd I will be doing.

Edited by aussiestyle1983

Thanks for the information.

I forgot to mention that I already have a bachelor's degree in secondary education. I think that having a masters might give me some kind of leverage somehow when I am jostling for a position in a better school.