Purchasing Return Airfair Online For Girlfriend

patongster

to book a third party flight over the internet you have to sighn some stuff saying you are the card holder and it is ok, so it is not a problem or go into a travel shop and they will do it i have done so for my now wife.

this is how it is in the uk any way

bread

Most Asian airlines now require the credit card holder either be present at check-in or in some cases traveling on the same flight. This however tends to only apply if you purchase the ticket through their website.

If you use a third party site you normally don't have to do this. To puchase my fiancee's ticket, I used the ThaiVisa.com travel service. They allowed me to buy my ticket via credit card, offered a competitive ticket price, and she had no problems using the eticket they issued.

• 1 month later...

On Air Asia you can do this for anyone as long as you are Verified by Visa or the Mastercard equivalent. I needed to investigate this because I book Air Asia and the like with a Kasikorn web credit card which has no physical presence and thus cannot be shown at check in.

Being verified is enough for them to know who you are and enable you to buy tickets for anyone.

I've recently tried to book a flight online for my wife to come to the UK. But I was told the card holder needs to be on the same flight. So I even tried Eva air office in London, they told me it would be difficult and more expensive. I also tried thaivisa travel but they didn't get back to me. So in the end I sent the money to her so she could book the flight herself. A real pain in the wallet :o

The easiest thing to do is to use internet banking to transfer money to someone. You may need to use your mobile for a One Time Password (OTP) but you can get around this by opening a second account in your name with a card and giving that card to your other half. There is not money in that account unless you transfer some from your Thai bank account. I find Siam Commercial the best for this. You can even top up her mobile phone without an OTP.

Surely everyone with any connections to Thailand, even regular holidays, has a Thai bank account or two ?

It depends on the airline or website that you're booking through actually. If you use Jetstar, they don't need any verification. Jetstar is on offer on now by the way. Singapore Airline needs identification.

Usually, before proceeding with the payment, the website will have a *notification* ...saying ...if it's a third party paying for the ticket, you gotta fill in a form and present some sort of identification at the airline office. (something along the line). This is a very big problem if for example you're in the Gold Coast and the office is in Brisbane.

If the website doesn't have any notification, it shouldn't be a problem. You should read those fine prints too, just in case!

Btw, you should arrange a Tourist visa for your gf. For Thai, you must make a paper lodgement to the Australian Embassy in BKK, online application is unavailable. If you need for info on Thai applying for Australia's tourist visa, go:

http://www.vfs-au.net/forms/Info_Sheet_5_V...lish_July06.pdf

The fees is 3200 baht if i'm not mistaken.

Good Luck! =)