Leena Jung Falls In Saensaep Canal

sabaijai

And let's not forget the side-effects this scheme had.

(Not that I complain, I go to a private hospital.)

So do i. But i am lucky enough to be able to afford that.

Side-effects of the 30 Baht scheme:

-people actually can now get treatment for diseases for which previously they could not afford to get treatment.

-Doctors throwing a tantrum that they actually have to treat now the unwashed masses.

And before we start again, yes, i know, many aspects of it were badly implemented, it was underfunded in many parts, and deserved, and still deserves a major reform.

It was though a step into the right direction. Even the most outspoken critics of Thaksin admit that.

Universal health care is a great idea and should be everyones right.

But you have to HAVE the funding to do it in the RIGHT places to make it work.

It was a playing piece in the political game,

not a true piece of well constructed legislation for the good of all.

The hospitals have NOW lost most of the competent staff,

because there is no budgets to pay decent ones anymore.

When you can't feed your family and pay off the school loans,

you get a job where you can. The patients it's just rackem and stackem

till someone can come for a look. Triage by attrition...

I saw an xray of my sister in law and pulled her out of the govnt hospital in 10 minutes.

I paid a BIG bill at a private hospital and saw no choice in the matter.

The fool on the machine couldn't get JAW BONE properly exposed....

I could do it in 2 shots and I don't do this for a living in life and death situations.

The 30 baht scheme gave check ups and minor stuff like broken arms and cuts,

anything serious, just go home and die.

Perm-Dis

this was about Leena's actions, and the Bangkok election,

and the FDA was about her dodgy pils and creams,

so your making it a PAD issue is a flame.

Give it a rest, or go back to a PAD flaming thread.

Edited by animatic

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perm-Dis

Well ALMOST nothing.

Close it. she's faded into the background.

Perm-Dis

okay, look at the chronologic

Just checked out her site.

If she were in the USA she would be sharing a cell with Samak for trying to sell this dodgey stuff.

Amazing Thailand, she running for office instead!

yep, that only in that third world country is this possible + samak to jail. rant against samak, off topic or not? a flame?

you also assume that the FDA which protects people from charlatans selling snake oil

like this Leena's site shows, also DOESN'T work and hasn't been totally gutted in

Bush's mad deregulation schemes. Sorry the Food And Drug Admnistration does

keep this crap off the shelves.

Bush's dad left a machine in place just like Thaksin has.

And it seems we are ALSO getting the also rans and idiot sons running the show here too.

Just to get it back on topic.

upps, now it's got strange, Bush, Thaksin, FDA and Leena. rant against bush & thaksin of topic or not? a flame?

FDA? Charges?

This is the country where Public Health Minister championed herbal pills that completely cure HIV in three weeks.

This government will always stand by the people. If they believe in that V1 Inhibitor, the government will support their right to buy it.

ahh, finally someone jumps one the smear campaign, good pass. rant against "This is the country" & "Public Health Minister", "the government" of topic or not? a flame?

FDA? Charges?

This is the country where Public Health Minister championed herbal pills that completely cure HIV in three weeks.

thats sounds more like Rosana Tositrakul, the so called secretary general of the so called Thai Holistic Health Foundation.

the food and drug administration under the TRT government, demand some scientific control for her "magic" pills, that was modern TRT politics, remind the nearly weekly articles in the newspaper how certain limit value of ingredients is to high in certain products. FDA did a good job, (down side the down size of red bull/kreating daeng, that have been real power liquid before). but rosana went bananas. how can they dare, those capitalistic liberals, the old knowledge of grandmas grandpa is the best medicine for thai people. she was also opposed the 30 baht health care project. because people would go to see a real doc and take modern medicine instead of "buddhist medicine".

since that time she is an avid thaksin hater, against anything modern, antiglobal, only irrational backwards. typical PAD.

you see i just reply to your FDA smear campaign and pointed out that in the PAD we have similar lunatics. Rosana is also "running for office" a very bizarre person, i didn't even talked more about her more just mentioned the FDA connection.

following post was a gross lie from plus, easy to show with real facts.

and than:

It seems with certain wingnuts EVERYTHING wrong with Thailand

can be directly blamed on PAD and no one else.

i didn't start it but you asked for it. and if the concerns about the quality of medicine and the scientific proof are honest and not just used for a smear campaign you should also look carefully at persons like Rosana Tositrakul. thats it. leena don't hav a vision to distribute her placebo cream with new politics, no worry just don't buy that shit. but rosana really have a vision of nationwide medical service with her magic herbal pills and don't like scienific proves

Sudarat's initial reaction was to organise mass distribution of the pill, she reversed when the rest of the ministry loudly objected.

you try to tell a lie and you have been proven wrong. face it.

anyway, i didn't start to talk about the FDA & herbal pills.

so tell your "Couldn't represess your urge to rant about something you haven't got a clue?" to someone else.

the FDA did a good job under thaksin, period. your rants come out of nothing and just to put a smear on a "third world" country.

please refrain from telling anymore lies. thank you.

Your links cover the reaction only AFTER the distribution, I don't need to search this story on BBC, I remember it quite well.

FDA was on V1 for a couple of months, then they secured Sudarat's cooperation. I'm not sure if she showed up at the Thai Youth stadium herself, but her blessings were reported in the papers.

Then the hel_l broke lose and FDA and Aids activists raised a stink. Still, due to Sudarat's attention, the fraudsters were able to set up a meeting with all the big shots - Health Minister, Deputy PM, Deputy Health Minister, senior bureaucrats from the ministry. Sudarat personally greeted them and assured them that their pill will be on 30 baht scheme list if it was cleared.

They agreed to set up a high profile panel, which was mentioned in your links. Sudarat realised that she backed the wrong horse and reversed her position.

Again, more screaming non-sequeters

completely off the points being discussed.

If someone sees a generalized comment and think I mean them,

well maybe the shoe fits, it's up to ~YOU to decide.

Oh yes "FDA smear campaign" I was referring to the USA FDA,

not Thailands. So twist my meaning some of you like.

Edited by animatic

This thread seems to have gone really off-topic. I've tried to follow it, but I seem to have gotten lost when Bush and deregulation entered the picture. For a moment I thought I was on a different site about the bail-out.

Honesty and politics seldom mix well together. Honesty and business for that matter are pretty rare.