Careful What You Hear Them Say

G54

Thai word "เล่น" or play could also means "to have an intercourse"

I think she laughted because what you said " It's so hot you want to go to China and ... a dogs"  :o

Right on guys and gals! This should be a pinned topic! Today after several months of studying at Payap Uni. in Chiang Mai, I said to แม่บ้าน (The maid at the appartment complex) Today is hot! I'm going to goto China and play with snow for sure! And being 'out of tune' with my pronunciation I said "I'm going to china and dogs vagina's will come for sure!"

She laughed so hard, she almost fell off the balcony.

Keep trying!!!

Lithobid

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first started dating my current g/f I would send her text. When can I see you? She answers back " I wont see you"

I am very puzzled by this & it happens repeatedly. Finally I work out she means "I WANT SEE YOU".

Basic English should be known by all the overseas university graduates that ThaiVisa members attract.

DCom, are you saying your GF isn't a HiSO Thai Chinese Rich girl from an influential family with a PHD from Harvard ? :D

OMG, you'll get run out of ThaiVisa for that. :o

Tongue in cheek...There is some English slang for you!

Maigo6>> You seem to be inherently bitter for some reason. Over the years more people here have mentioned their loved ones being from areas outside Bangkok and the 'white-chinese' sub-group you seem to despise, but only for the reason that some posters have highlighted the fact that theirs are not you suddenly have to act like a majority here has. It just isn't so.

<deleted> are you trying to say here? Your grammar and punctuation are horrible.

And btw, my wife's spelling is overall better than mine but I'm better tuned to slang and dialectal differences within the English language. And since she was schooled in Thailand her accent [more so in the beginning] carries[/d] a Thai slant, even though it's far better than many others I have heard. It's just the nature of the game when English classes, even in University, focused on spelling and grammar over conversations and pronunciations. And the complete lack of English-spoken shows on regulare tv-channels [i.e. not cabel or satellite] doesn't help. Or the horrid quality of many English teachers here...

regulare-regular cabel-cable. Maybe you should find a horrid English teacher to help you out.

Sorry for the off topic post. I don't always agree with Maigo, but this time he/she was just being funny.

regulare-regular cabel-cable. Maybe you should find a horrid English teacher to help you out.

Sorry for the off topic post. I don't always agree with Maigo, but this time he/she was just being funny.

Try looking up: British-English vs American-English. Douche.

Try looking up: British-English vs American-English. Douche.

Try looking up cabel and regulare at Websters online dictionary. Oh wait, I did look them up and here is what I found,

The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above. Suggestions for cabel: 1. Cable 2. Keble 3. cabal 4. coble 5. cobble 6. Kabyle 7. Kabul 8. cowbell 9. kibble 10. cue ball 11. camel 12. caber 13. cabala 14. cabals 15. cabbala 16. kabala 17. Cabral 18. Kabila 19. cabbalah 20. kabbala 21. kabbalah The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above.

Suggestions for regulare: 1. regular 2. wriggler 3. regulate 4. regulars 5. regulam 6. reculer 7. regularly 8. regulator 9. regulates 10. rejuggle 11. leaguered 12. regaled 13. rustler 14. roseolar 15. regolith 16. regularize 17. rugola 18. La Guaira 19. reglet 20. raglan

Careful what you hear them say/Careful what you see them write! You did spell douche correctly though, I am sure it is a word that you are quite familiar with.

A Thai friend offered to bring some dinner over to my apartment the other day. They asked me what I wanted and I told them, "fish and chips." Imagine my surprise when they turned up with a nuclear reactor! They thought I had said fission chips!

Now, that is funny!

My wife asked me to help her fund a new bag she saw in New Look here in the UK, it wasn't cheap at £35 but that was probably as it was made with fox fur.

Fox fur I thought? intrigued I went with her and sure enough there was the £35 bag made with faux fur.

I explained the difference.

A stinking hot day in LOS and I am trying to get a king size mattress up a narrow stairwell. The Mrs is up the top leaning over the railing trying to keep the mattress vertical so it doesn't jam. I frantically call out "push" "push" to her as it is falling sideways. She starts laughing her head off. I fume.

Later when the job is done I find out she is not familiar with the word "push", she does however know the word "puss" as she has been to Australia where I had a pet cat. She thought I was joking with her. :o