Where To Buy Warm Clothes In Bkk Or Hua Hin?

Marvo

The girlfriend venturing out of Thailand for the first time in her life and is going to accompany me back to Blighty for a traditional British Winter (whatever that may bring). We need to get some warm clothes for her i.e. down-filled jacket, hat, scarves, gloves, booties etc.

Can anybody recommend the best area to go to, to get a choice of the above at a good price?

Cheers.

I can vouch for Platinum and Pratuman as I bought all my wifes warm clothes for her first visit to Blighty for the summer of 2007. She was freezing for the whole summer!!! Good luck

Thanks for the pointers.

Maybe we should just buy a couple of electric blankets which the tailors round the corner can use to run up a "suit" we can plug in where ever we go :o .

Depending on your luggage allowances and duration of trip, I might have thought that food, DVDs and reading material might be better to ship from Thailand to Europe than clothes.

Women are very affected by fashion trends and I suggest what is 'in' during the Summer season in Thailand will not be considered 'in' during Winter 08/09 in Europe - it's so old hat darling!

The thing to do is encourage her to shop for many tops - mix and match ideas - long sleeves etc. Not jumpers, in Thailand.

Keeping warm even indoors depends on thin layers - tights and jeans with wooly sox, maybe two pairs will be good.

Visiting a discount mall or factory outlet center when you get there will allow her to shop for something that fits in with what other people around your area are wearing and get her spending some money - women like that I've noticed :o !

Also the idea of carrying home all those different shopping bags - it's like having a workshop with lots of spanners to a guy. Better that being taken shopping and buying the expensive summer '09 wardrobe.

When I was leaving Thailand some years ago I was given a scarf to 'keep me warm' - it was soft pastel pink with orange detail and glass beads, what's worst is was serious - not a joke gift.

Suggest she apply some layers while on final approach or have them ready to wear from the hold luggage, they will nicely chilled from the flight. Wooly hat - might be sniffed at on first sight - but later welcomed.

Sox, gloves and more sox - extremities get cold quick.

Thanks for the detailed info Cuban. A few good points there that I'll take on board. I guess I'll have to get a few bits to get her from the tarmac at the airport to the central heating at home!

Last year I had the same dilemma, for myself. just happened to stop at fly Now the outlet en route from HH to BKK and found quite a lot of things that i needed.

nonthaburial, I'm guessing you're not talking about the "Premium Outlet" retail park, Cha Am???

Anybody know if they have "winter" stuff there?

Edited by Marvo