Doctor Olivier

vickersvc10

Actually, he didn't pass a language test in Thai to become a doctor in Thailand....He did all the courses and exams in Thai...a much harder task. I believe he worked in the Aranyaprathet area for a while before coming to Pattaya. Personally, I have used him a couple of times. His qualities are his approach and the way you can converse with him and discuss/question the medical treatment or ailment. This is not in Thai culture, where the doctors are never questioned and they believe their word is the word of GOD.

where the doctors are never questioned and they believe their word is the word of GOD

I broke a leg and asked the surgeon for a prognosis for my future tri-athlete training.

"Be OK"..he said

As it occurred at the same time of Schumachers broken leg at Silverstone, I wrote to his surgeon with sketches of the break etc, and received a great reply, in that bearing in mind the limited information, and my age, the expectaions were good.

Never satisfied, I took the X-rays to a bangkok hospital and paid for a Q&A with the orthopaedic top guy there.

Maybe a year later. I popped something in an elbow, doing too much, and a large swelling resulted.

Went to hospital, and lo and behold, I am ushered in to the original surgeon. Anyway he gave me the full works on the structure of the arm, problems.causes. treatments. The whole works.

When relating this "story" others have ventured that he was probably chided by his colleague/s.