Does Thailand Exist In A Bubble ?

roamer

How about some facts and expert opinions?

Economic News (September 15-19, 2008)

Central bank expects no liquidity shortage.

You really don't get it do you ? Its the EXPERTS who got us into this in the first place. I've seen god knows how many "expert" reports telling me the Thai condo boom is sustainable but if Joe Bloggs looks around and see's how many lights are off and does a little bit of math he might reach a different conclusion.

The "experts" have failed to take into account that for the last decade or so that the inmates have been running the asylum. :o

No it aint the experts. Its the ordinary person in the street that is to blame for the current problems, its you and me. As long as we spent before we have earned (loans to buy cars, credit on creditcards etc..), as long as we spent all what we earn (and more) we will continue having these problems. The only non cosmetic solution is to change our spending habbits. Lets blame ourself, not others. We, governments ánd citizens need to start saving instead of spending, thats the only way out.

MBL

P.S. We aint seen nothing yet!

Edited by MayBeLater

Bro, this is exactly what's needed. But too many people want the easy and slippery money cause they've been spoilt like rotten kids.

The USA had a chance to get back to their roots but they've gone to the credit and mortage 'Growth' mentality again alas.

You really don't get it do you ? Its the EXPERTS who got us into this in the first place. I've seen god knows how many "expert" reports telling me the Thai condo boom is sustainable but if Joe Bloggs looks around and see's how many lights are off and does a little bit of math he might reach a different conclusion.

The "experts" have failed to take into account that for the last decade or so that the inmates have been running the asylum. :o

No it aint the experts. Its the ordinary person in the street that is to blame for the current problems, its you and me. As long as we spent before we have earned (loans to buy cars, credit on creditcards etc..), as long as we spent all what we earn (and more) we will continue having these problems. The only non cosmetic solution is to change our spending habbits. Lets blame ourself, not others. We, governments ánd citizens need to start saving instead of spending, thats the only way out.

MBL

Disagree. the ordinary person on the street wants a piece of the pie. What they are then sold is the dream, house prices will keep going up, you just have to sit in it to make money. Can't afford to buy ? Yes you can, you can have a 120% mortgage, furnish the place as well. (or in LOS we'll put a lien on your land) Hard to blame people going for it;

"They sell us the president the same way

They sell us our clothes and our cars

They sell us every thing from youth to religion

The same time they sell us our wars"

Jackson Brown, lives in the balance 1986.

Ain't nothing changed.

On another point, I can understand why others need to believe everything is fine and rosy in the Kingdom, I just don't see it, Thailand is not decoupled from the rest of the world, it doesn't exist in a micro economy. It will survive but every economic and political factor is in place for it to take a hit. Time will tell.

The only non cosmetic solution is to change our spending habbits. Lets blame ourself, not others. We, governments ánd citizens need to start saving instead of spending, thats the only way out.

MBL

IS there an Amish community here? I'm ready to join.

MBL

Disagree. the ordinary person on the street wants a piece of the pie. What they are then sold is the dream, house prices will keep going up, you just have to sit in it to make money. Can't afford to buy ? Yes you can, you can have a 120% mortgage, furnish the place as well. (or in LOS we'll put a lien on your land) Hard to blame people going for it;

Ain't nothing changed.

On another point, I can understand why others need to believe everything is fine and rosy in the Kingdom, I just don't see it, Thailand is not decoupled from the rest of the world, it doesn't exist in a micro economy. It will survive but every economic and political factor is in place for it to take a hit. Time will tell.

I don't like this attitude. Don't you think each and every person is responsible for him or herself. 'They' can sell you nothing if you don't want it. If someone is foolish enough to think taking a 120% mortgage is a sound thing to do, up to them. I don't like the "fuc_k the system" attitude nor the "they did it to me, they caused my problems" mentality. The "hard to blame people for it" makes no sense at all. We did it ourself, its us buying and not the other way round.

But guess your right afterall, most people are too dumb to understand that spending what you earn aint that smart. Five more days till next holiday, first in three years, ah well, will retire 20 years earlier, thanks to relying on myself.

MBL

Desertrat ignorance is bliss :D aint it.

Edited by MayBeLater

More than living in a bubble, I feel like I'm living in a cartoon/comedy.

Somewhere between The Keystone Cops and Bugs Bunny. :D

A lot of screw-ups, but a lot of laughs. :D

Sometimes, laughing to keep from crying. :o

Edited by toptuan

More than living in a bubble, I feel like I'm living in a cartoon/comedy.

Somewhere between The Keystone Cops and Bugs Bunny. :D

A lot of screw-ups, but a lot of laughs. :D

Sometimes, laughing to keep from crying. :o

Felt like that some days ago when I happened to be in the same hotel lobby as Thailands leader for a few moments. I was thinking how difficult it must be to govern from London when both you and the wife are wanted fugitives and your disciples are proving tiresome. Still at least he's managed to hang onto his nice red diplomatic passport.

You just couldn't write a script like this could you ?? :D

MBL

Ain't nothing changed.

I don't like this attitude. Don't you think each and every person is responsible for him or herself. 'They' can sell you nothing if you don't want it. If someone is foolish enough to think taking a 120% mortgage is a sound thing to do, up to them. I don't like the "fuc_k the system" attitude nor the "they did it to me, they caused my problems" mentality. The "hard to blame people for it" makes no sense at all. We did it ourself, its us buying and not the other way round.

But guess your right afterall, most people are too dumb to understand that spending what you earn aint that smart. Five more days till next holiday, first in three years, ah well, will retire 20 years earlier, thanks to relying on myself.

MBL

Desertrat ignorance is bliss :D aint it.

I like this view. Blaming the system is like blaming your parents and in the end what happens to you is up to you..