When Will She Be Horney Again?

mrt273nva

Could be a little of the Fear Factor in play here, fear of making another baby so soon, six month old can be a hand full for a young mother. just a thought. How old is she? Is this the first child for her?? Sound fairly normal to me, my guess is if you relax, help out with the task of take care of the newborn she will come around in due time. :D:o

i've paid for the birth control implant that lasts 3 years. costs me 7000 thb. i threw that money down the drain. i would have been better off using it towards cheap hookers (but i'm married and supposedly in love with this woman so why should i have to). we have agreed that a second child won't come until later, but the way things are going it looks like that might never happen. this is why i started this thread, to see if people have had similar experiences. females have wild hormones that make them completely mental. as far as i'm concerned i'm fairly level headed about this, however my sexual impulses are getting the better of me (and already have). i love my son more than life itself and WILL NOT abandon him. now i'm wondering where he would be better off. in thailand as a farmer with his mother? or in the US as a scholar (up to him what he wants to do later in life) with his father. i have wonderful parents that are supportive of my decision (leaning towards bringing him to the US without mom)

how does someone decide this? i've never been in a tighter spot than i am in now.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love my son more than life itself and WILL NOT abandon him.

how does someone decide this? i've never been in a tighter spot than i am in now.

You have made your decision and all the posts about re-kindling your relationship are a wate of breath - as you well know. The evidence suggests that you do not love your wife, have not done for sometime and you only stay because you dote on your son.

I would now concentrate on dealing with the difficulties of getting your boy out of Thailand without his mother. Not sure how easy this 'tug of love' will be - I suspect that your wife is equally happier with her maternal relationship than with you. If she does not fight tooth and nail (and probably try and have you 'removed') I will be surprised and you will be one lucky fella.

My own view is that a child should be with it's mother although I am sure the few exceptions to this will respond shortly. I hope your next wife is jai dee enough to accept your ha sip/ha sip offspring.

Chaimai said it quite clearly, the problem doesn't sound to be the lack of sex, IMO. If that were the case, leaving your wife wouldn't solve it... sure, a relationship that is deemed lost doesn't need to be dragged; but that means you have decided the relationship is over, and it can't be only for the sex issue... I would have left my wife at least three times then... and I would have regretted.

i love my son more than life itself and WILL NOT abandon him. now i'm wondering where he would be better off. in thailand as a farmer with his mother? or in the US as a scholar (up to him what he wants to do later in life) with his father. i have wonderful parents that are supportive of my decision (leaning towards bringing him to the US without mom)

Will your wife agree to this? Is she a bad mother then? Nothing you have written suggests sit so I wonder why you think this is the best option & only your descision to make? (serious question there & not a dig) With the proper financial guidance from you there is no reason he can't benefit from a good education in los & later in the US? Also you wouldn't be abandoning him if you made the effort to visit & have a relationship with him. But I agree with the others here, your op now reads like you were never interested in resolving the lack of sex issue, it was about how to remove a child from it's mother.!! :o

Voice of experience ? I left my first English wife with a 3 year old and a 6 month old. The oldest boy has nothing to do with me because he remembers we bonded and then I left, youngest son has no such memories and regularly keeps in touch. GO NOW - it will not get any easier later. [/color][/size][/color][/size]

I won't be leaving my son. If anything, he'd be coming with me. My father never left me and I couldn't fathom leaving my offspring to grow up in Thailand with very little English skills and no chance at a real future except farming sugarcane and rice.

How old is she now and did she had a normal delivery or by CS?...did you consider seeing a doc? Please try to convince her about your problem.I am a mother of 4(a lot huh) and sometimes women are not same...Good luck to you..

...i love my son more than life itself and WILL NOT abandon him.

You have convinced me of your love and commitment to your little boy. Even though many believe a baby is often best off with his mother, this is not always the case and you needn't feel pressured to make such a sacrifice. It appears you would likely be a very fine father.

If a form of joint custody is not a possible solution, I suggest you negotiate financially with your wife for you to raise your son in the States. It may not actually involve that great an expense, who knows what she may accept. Your offer of a steady monthy income over time could very possibly be irresistable to her.

Given your comments, I believe if you lose your son your heart will have a huge hole in it which will never heal and an ongoing heaviness - a lifelong source of sorrow. Fight for your son. IMHO

Edited by Lopburi99

An older and wiser man involved with an asian woman once said to me that after giving birth, many asian women see themselves as "mother, not lover". In these societies, those with sufficient income have a secondary arrangement, whether permanent or transient. Those without such income tend to have more transparent liaisons.

I sympathise with the OP. I see a lot of myself in his shoes, especially the separation. I am also worried about his assertation that only she was expecting to get pregnant. This tells me one thing only. She knew he was on the verge of leaving and by getting pregnant she trapped him, permanently she thought. For her, his wallet was more important than the future of the then unborn baby. Had I or perhaps the OP realised this, then I think the babies would not have been born.

However we live in a time when the kids are here.

If you leave without the baby, you condemn the baby to a life of absolute nothing. I do not know her background but a return to or a move to the sex game is perhaps the only way out of poverty and even then, the baby will not receive any decent education.

If the OP supports the mother and baby from afar, then the situation is no better. The money will be wasted and the baby will grow up near illiterate and fit only for menial work.

If the OP and his partner cannot come to a work around or repair their (her) desire, then, upon separation, the only thing the OP can do is take the baby with him, one way or another. Sod this "leave it with the mother" rubbish. He is the only one who can provide decent care and yes, I do mean that financially.

As for suggestions for help, as per a maid, then I say be careful. Get an older one who can go to the market and cook edible food, edible for you as well. Be careful that she does not become too close with the wife or you will have 2 Thais against you rather than one.

Get the baby to sleep alone ASAP. In a cot in the bedroom is an absolute then in its own room. That frees you and the wife up to have a chance to be intimate. If she refuses then, well you have to virtually accept that it is over and she is with you for money and that is all. Your options are then severely limited unless you can live like a doormat.

I pity you but you have to be strong. Put in place all that you can whether needed or not and be patient. If leaving the baby (which I realise you do not want to do but if you have to) then be prepared to walk away for years and perhaps forever. If they are real poor, then she may sell you the baby.

It appears you would likely be a very fine father.

Based on what evidence ?

there is no evidence because this is my first child. i would hope that i would be a good father. and by trying my best i want to give my son the best opportunities in life. staying in thailand will limit those opportunities. now my wife from what i have observed is a wonderful mother, but a poor wife. this is my dilemma. do i stay in a stale marriage for the sake of my son? her visa to come to the US is almost complete, but i could cancel it at anytime before then and just take off with my son.

after starting this thread i've hinted to her that i would like sex. she won't speak to me anymore. she sleeps in a different room with my son and is completely cold to me. i hate this situation. the decisions i make now are going to effect the rest of my life, and the entirety of my son's life. this is a lot to deal with.

Based on what evidence ?

You are right, Chaimai, there is no evidence of this. I was impressed by his strong desire to assure a good life for his son, but this is no indication of how good a father he might or might not be. Point well taken.

And now I read "after starting this thread i've hinted to her that i would like sex. she won't speak to me anymore. she sleeps in a different room with my son and is completely cold to me" She is mad and won't speak to him because her husband "hinted" wanting sex after having almost none for six months? Appears as though she wanted a child, got one, now wants the OP out. Sounds more dismal now, because maybe money isn't that important to her after all and she will not willingly let the boy go with the OP.

Regarding bringing them both to the USA, under the circumstances of a marriage in danger, doing so would be financially extremely unwise (unless they were coming as tourists only). As their sponsor (by you signing the Affidavit of Support) you would be bound by U.S. law to support them indefinitely, irrespective of divorce. Be damned careful because, yes, the decisions you make now you must live with long term.

Edited by Lopburi99

Based on what evidence ?

You are right, Chaimai, there is no evidence of this. I was impressed by his strong desire to assure a good life for his son, but this is no indication of how good a father he may or may not be. Point well taken.

And now I read "after starting this thread i've hinted to her that i would like sex. she won't speak to me anymore. she sleeps in a different room with my son and is completely cold to me" She is mad and won't speak to him because her husband "hinted" wanting sex after having almost none for six months? Appears as though she wanted a child, got one, now wants the OP out. Sounds more dismal now, because maybe money isn't that important to her after all and she will not willingly let the boy go with the OP.

That is exactly how I see it - plus the fact that the OP would have seperated anyway had his wife not got pregnant (against his 'wishes' - see comment re 7000 Baht wasted..).

I fear for mrt273nva because I do not think he will be able to just "take off" with his son. Whilst I appreciate the "leave a huge hole in your heart" comment I don't think that there can be a satisfactory "family" outcome on this one.

OK, this is hard but:-

Leave now before your son can bond further with you.

He will have forgotten about you before you reach your next destination (sooner if he is brought up 100% Thai way).

You did not want nor plan for this child (I don't question your love for him now he is here).

Mentally, turn the clock back to before he was born and do whatever you would have done at that time.

You have hinted at already finding someone else with whom you have relieved your sexual tensions (in Western terms that will hardly make your son very proud of you in the future).

I am not sure what age you are, but whatever age you are there are (a) never enough years left to waste time on what should/could/might have been and (:o there is always enough time to find another/better life.

MOVE ON and move on quickly. Turning your back on your son (I accept the possibilty of paternal visits but I doubt it will be a reality) will hurt like hel_l and hurt for sometime, it will not hurt forever - trust me !

Edited by Chaimai

Note that the OP mentioned that the pregnancy was "unexpected to him, not to her" (I am paraphrasing). He also mentions they where having "some problems" before the pregnancy/birth.

So we see that Thai women and Western women are the same in at least one regard...if they think the man is going to leave, they will get pregnant thinking that will keep him there.

They have some problems to work on, that have nothing to do with the recent birth.

I agree. Your best option is to leave now and go live somehwere else in Thailand. Don't let her get pregnant again. That will complicate matters much more. Try finding a new wife. It will make it easier for you to forget the mess you're in now. The baby is better off with the mother too. You will ruin your chances of finding a new wife if you take the kid with you. The child will benefit by living a peaceful upbringing without the tug-o-war that often happens with parents fighting over the child.

Life is hard and you are learning just how hard it can be!

I had to leave my two boys when they were 4 and 1 year old. Their mother had turned into an ugly demanding witch. She chose to depend on me financially. She refused to work even though she was a qualified trades-person in Europe. When I left she was hel_l-bent on getting revenge and she got it by way of the law courts. After 7 years of being the ATM I left the country in an effort to rid myself of her ever increasing financial demands. It hurt me a lot to leave those little boys and I cried myself to sleep for many years afterwards. But now I know it was the best thing to do. I didn't see my boys again for 10 years. It took me over 13 years of fighting the courts to avoid paying an unjust claim she made for alimony of $250,000. My eldest boy came to visit me in OZ when he was 19. The emotion of seeing him again was a mixture of great joy and sadness.

Then I met and married another woman who sounds like your present wife. She had a baby and then didn't want sex anymore.

After a year she wanted a divorce (after the quarter million dollar summons arrived from overseas).

I really hated leaving that little boy who I had bathed and changed nappies for from the day he came home, but I left the house and never went back. I saw him again when he was 13 years old. He is now a spoiled brat. (his mother was an heiress and has always had plenty of money to spend) I never wanted the divorce, but that's life ..

After another 10 years in the wilderness I met my present wife (Thai) who is 32 years my junior. She is the most wonderful, sexy, caring woman I have ever met (she had two boys aged 6 and 13). I would never have met her if I had not sacrificed a huge piece of my life. My two older boys have grown into fine young men despite their mother. They both bear the emotional scars, but I place the blame on their mother for her money-hungry ways. No normal man could have stayed with her and survived her evil attitude.

My Thai stepsons will now have a chance of making a success of their lives.

I've been given a second chance at finding happiness because I made those hard decisions many years ago.

I can't go on like this in a loveless sexless marriage, however I must for the sake of my little boy.

GO !

Life is too short. If you were going to split before the pregnancy I seriously doubt that your new offspring will make it a bed of roses. Your wife has got what she wants and now no longer has any interest in you (it does happen in the west).

I suspect your boy will adequately cared for by his mother and family. You should move on, find another partner and if you are that desperate for kids get her pregnant or adopt. Leave now before the boy gets to know you.

Voice of experience ? I left my first English wife with a 3 year old and a 6 month old. The oldest boy has nothing to do with me because he remembers we bonded and then I left, youngest son has no such memories and regularly keeps in touch. GO NOW - it will not get any easier later.

ROFL my eyes deceiving me here...

is it called Rape if you guys are married? still have not figured that one out..

Well anyways yeah then go!!!

Very sad to read this kind of thing. Having a 7 month old son myself I know exactly how heart wrenching this kind of would be - I could never imagine leaving my son. Thankfully me and my wife have a loving relationship which is totally geniune.

Just to answer the original question of when she would be wanting sex - well the answer is from one month onwards, if she had a caesarian then it might be a couple of months. Happily for me my wife was tearing my clothes off after just 2 months and our normal life resumed albeit with an addition. :D

It sounds very much like the OPs wife only had interest in getting a baby falang and the marriage was just a necessary evil, I know of numerous such stories in Laos.

:o

Tell your wife there are three basic ways a man gets his sexual release: with his wife, masturbating, or with another woman. Tell her you will have sex whether she gives it to you, or by other means.

for a dude who swings with a different bat, this would have to be one of the most enlightening and classic lines I've read on TV. Good one, PB, Cheers

Edited by jayjayjayjay

I raised my son by myself most of the time but that was in my home country where there was help and support if and when I needed it. To raise a child here would be a lot harder, yet I think it can be done if you have the patience and understanding and the love to do it.

As you have said, the marriage was on the rocks before she fell pregnant with the 'unexpected baby'. Was that deliberate on her part? To keep you bound to her? If she knew prior about your feelings regarding children she could easily have worked out it might be the best way to keep you in the relationship. Yet, that baby, or another, is not going to mend an already rocky relationship. That means you either stay for the sake of the boy, leave taking him with you or simply leaving. I would leave now, as others have said.

Where the lack of love-making is concerned it is hard to be horny as h_ll and lying next to a beautiful woman every night without being able to get satisfaction sexually. That makes a man frustrated. Frustration at the level you seem to be at can drive a man crazy because you have your 'wife' there in bed but cannot have her [been there in the last year].

You do have the option of going with another woman. That is imho liable to make her do one of two things. She will either see the warning signs of losing you and fight to keep you or she will tell you to get out.

Seems to me that she is not in love with you. That and the factors of no love-making and increased frustration plus the rocky marriage is reason enough to leave with no guilt on your part. I cannot see any real improvement. Does not seem to be a case of love will grow as her love already seems to have crashed.

Sorry to hear too that you are in this situation especially with a baby you so obviously care for. Whatever you do do, best of luck.

womans' perspective: only after finishing with breast feeding (6) months was i ever interested again in sex... hormones , all of it...

in the culture here, a majority of women still just 'do it' regardless if they enjoy or not, as one woman said to me yesterday! if i didnt have sex with hubby after the one week (here religious strictures prevent sex during and a few days after menstruation) he would seek someone else, so i do it even if im not too interested...

btw, seems that many thai men feel the same way ...from what they tell me, mother gives birth, doesnt have sex for very long time after, since she is mother... and from the few women i have had chance to speak to, say they dont enjoy it but do it to keep the husband...

well guys, to western minds (well, the israeli woman's comment wasnt exactly american western either actually, i guess we are still a bit primitive here) this all sounds odd....

also, SHE (in the OP) got pregnant, but really, how do women trick men in to these things? thats the lamest teenage excuse i've ever heard of...

but this particular OP does sound like they did have major issues previous and the baby is now the buffer in between and it sounds like he made up his mind or is making it up as he types the thread...

u could do a quick test; go off for a month somewhere else, leave her with money for babe ... see what happens... i believe this modus operandi was suggested and implemented once before here on thai visa by someone in a similar situation, cant remember the thread though... he did exactly that: he did trial separation from mom and babe , left money for the babe, and waited to see when sms would start arriving... dont remember the outcome, maybe it was in the issaan forurm?...

bina

israel

ROFL my eyes deceiving me here...

is it called Rape if you guys are married? still have not figured that one out..

Well anyways yeah then go!!!

Yes indeed, it is called rape if one rapes ones wife. And I believe it is illegal in Thailand now as well as most western countries. Consensual sex is just that, both parties consenting.

....... also, SHE (in the OP) got pregnant, but really, how do women trick men in to these things? thats the lamest teenage excuse i've ever heard of...

but this particular OP does sound like they did have major issues previous and the baby is now the buffer in between and it sounds like he made up his mind or is making it up as he types the thread...

u could do a quick test; go off for a month somewhere else, leave her with money for babe ... see what happens... i believe this modus operandi was suggested and implemented once before here on thai visa by someone in a similar situation, cant remember the thread though... he did exactly that: he did trial separation from mom and babe , left money for the babe, and waited to see when sms would start arriving... dont remember the outcome, maybe it was in the issaan forurm?...

bina

israel

Well the easiest way is for a couple to have the lady take the pill and then not take it, either faking she has taken int or just not caring to do so. The guy in this equation must assume that she is taking it don't you think ?

Another scenario is for her to take a condom and empty it inside herself. Highly unusual and likely but possible.

Just inferring that the guy should take his own protection is not right, especially if other protection should have been in place.

Heck, maybe he is not the father ?

As for the separation well on one hand I think it is a useful idea but fraught with complications.

The OP might stray and even if he does not, it gives his wife ammunition that he has, even if he has not. Whatever money is left will get wasted and calls for more will ensue. I find that likely in this case. She may even leave. The nonly good I could see from a separation would be if she was willing to contemplate a reunion but it seems as if she just wanted the kid or perhaps wanted the money she thought a kid would bring her.

We need to know more about her situation and her family and financials.

My feeling is that if the OP really wants the kid then he has to take it away, outside Thailand. If still in Thailand and he does not have full sole legal access then he can be tracked and money extracted or violence used.

If he cannot give up the kid then he has no option if she will not sign the kid over to him. No option at all.

• 2 weeks later...
My wife had our baby 6 months ago and since this time we have had only one intimate encounter together (but i had more enjoyment than she did, she just wanted to get it over with). I understand that hormones are rebounding from the pregnancy and the fact that she is still breast feeding has something to do with it, but what is normal? I can't go on like this in a loveless sexless marriage, however I must for the sake of my little boy. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to seduce a postpartum woman into doing things that came so natural before? I always thought that a child brings a family closer together rather than tear it apart. Do I just wait this one out or what?

First turn off the pressure (if any) for sex. Then talk to her. She's certainly no dummy and recognizes a problem here. Gently ask her leading questions, like "Are you happy honey?" to help her open up. Ask her what she believes a solution might be. Try to develop a plan together. If she is unresponsive, you likely have a major issue to confront.

"I always thought that a child brings a family closer together rather than tear it apart." This statement worries me, possibly suggesting problems in the marriage prior to the baby's arrival. A baby may or may not bring a family closer together - depends largely on both of you striving to obtain that result. A new baby brings new challenges to the healthiest of marriages.

Be cool. Good luck!

I apologize if this post is too long. Moderators please delete if it's inappropriate.

I also was in a loveless cold marriage. I also had a son to care for. That said, good or bad this is what happened to me and what I did.

I was married to a nice Thai girl. She worked in one of those little beauty shops I'm sure you've seen on the first floor of those cheap Thai apartment buildings. I was in my thirties and she was about my age. I wouldn't describe our relationship as love. I was a drunk and I needed a maid I could sleep with. Before we got married, I made her go to the temple and promise the Buddha she would never ever get pregnant.

I was a drunkard but I paid the bills and I was faithful, not because I was a good husband, but because I was wasted all time. Anyway, she got pregnant. I didn't notice until she started showing. I was going to drag her down to the abortion clinic. I put my hand on her belly and at that exact moment, the baby inside moved. It changed me.

We had a son. Even though I was a drunk, I loved that little boy. I was going to be the father I never had.

The baby took over the bed and our lives. No sex - not that there was much. I was a stranger hardly acknowledged when I came home. I wasn't allowed in her bed so I rented another room next door. The baby ruled. I was a nothing. My wife rarely cooked food for me. Twice a week she'd make a big pot of something. If I was hungry, I scooped out of the big pot and ate it cold. She'd leave the pot outside my front door and I'd take it inside my room like prisoner.

I also took valiums, xanexes, and all the alcohol I could take on. If I wasn't going to get laid or have a wife, I might as well get messed up. Which I did, night after night,day after day but still going to work and paying the bills. I know that I was a drunk but I felt I had to stay to take care of my son even though I know now the only thing I did was pay money. If I left, who would take care of him? What would he eat? Who would pay his school bills? Who would keep the money out of my wife's pocket so that my son could go to a decent school and be taken care of? That all fell on me. That's what I thought at the time.

I got sober. Now I think I've got a chance to be a husband and a father. I blamed myself for my wife's coldness and hostility. I deserved all of the abuse and neglect. I think now I've got a shot. I could something that never existed come true. A year went by and things got bad between us. I couldn't believe it. I'm sober, I thought everything would be okay. My wife started hurting me. She started pinching me, then hitting me, then throwing things at me. Then the knife came out. That was bad.

Despite all this, she wanted another child. She stole my son's education money that I'd saved. She took the gold jewelry out of my desk and sold it. Despite being horny, it really ruins the mood given all this. She kept going on about having another baby.

One night, the knife play which was slashing bravado got serious. She cut me. Not deeply, but slashed across the chest with a carving knife. I still couldn't leave. Who would take care of my son? I didn't know what to do. I just went to bed with the cut across my chest.

In the very early morning of the next day, I finally realized I had to go. By this time my son had started sleeping with me in my room. In that first year of being sober, he wouldn't go to sleep unless I cuddled him. It was like he was trying to get all the love and attention he missed from me the first three years of his life. The knife thing was real though, I had to go.

I remember when I left looking at my son's face. His long lashes, his rumpled hair, his small hands holding on to the covers. I knew I'd never see him again. I'd failed as a father. I was a selfish coward and I hated myself. I left.

I only took a suitcase with a few items. My computer, some CD's, not much. I went to work and I told my boss what happened. He told me to go home and get some clothes. I got back to the apartment in the evening (my boss made me work all day) and everything was gone. Even in my room. Appliances, everything gone.

It was bad for me. No word of where my son was. I kept working. I sometimes wept spontaneously. Something would remind me and I would play the movie in my mind and hate myself. I'd visit toy stores and think of all the toys I should have bought him. I was a mess.

Three very difficult months went by. I stayed sober by the way. Then one day, there was my son playing in front of the place where I worked. I couldn't believe it was really him. I noticed how much he'd grown in just the three months. I bent down to pick him up and held him. I looked at his face and I just wept. He looked at me and said, “Hi, Dad.” I'll never forget it.

I promised I would never ever ask for anything ever again. This was all I wanted, to have my son back.

Everything that I thought I hadn't done, I tried to do. All the time I thought about what if I had another chance, I tried to do it. Everything was great. Then his mother came and picked him up from his school. He disappeared again. My wife offered to give my son to me for a lot of money. Maybe I could get a loan from my relatives? But, I just gave up.

I guess what happened is I just got tired, I just accepted whatever would happen. My plans and manipulations just didn't work. I told my wife she could raise him. She would have to take care of him, I gave up. That was hard to do.

She gave up. The last time she dropped my son off with me, she disappeared.

She would come occasionally and visit him briefly and then leave again. It was hard on my son. I had to remember (and still have to remember) that to me, his mother is a b**** but to him, that's his mom.

My son is thirteen now. When he's naughty and I want scold him I try to remember what is was like without him.

I don't know if there is a point other than it may come to you (mrt) to make a very difficult decision. A real life grown up decision that has very strong consequences. An incredibly high-risk, no guarantee of what's the right thing to do decision.

Staying in a loveless marriage, and more importantly, being treated like dirt is not acceptable in the long term. It may be that you might miss some of your son's growing up, but eventually he will seek you out. Or you will find him. I'm not religious but I think whatever force watches over you, watches over your child, too. Even your awful wife. Things will work out. Make the difficult decision that you know you have to make.

The best way to win is not play. Accept the consequences and do the best you can. I really believe things will work out. Your story in not uncommon.

I wish you the very best luck.

chuckacino

Edited by chuckacinco